Follow

Kent V. Nelson

Character » Kent V. Nelson appears in 109 issues.

Kent V. Nelson came into possession of the Helm of Nabu, succeeding Hector Hall as the new Dr. Fate. He is the grand-nephew of the original Doctor Fate, Kent Nelson.

How close is he to the Original ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

It said that the New Dr Fate is in the same Family as the first but how close is he in the family tree ?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I cant beleve this. I posted this over 7 months ago and i got no respontes. Ok let me simplfy it. What is Kent Nelson in relation to Kent V Nelson ? Son, Grandson, Nephue, Gratenephue, grandnephue ?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

He's his grandnephew.

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@SmashBrawler said:

He's his grandnephew.

His Grandnephew.. Ok. Here is something interesting i found. Kent's Father is Sven Nelson his mother is celestine Babcock. Now Celestine has a Aaron Babcock. Aaron is Kent V Nest's father. So my question is why isent his name Kent V Babcock and were did he get his Nelson blood from ?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Kid_Omega_Prime said:

@SmashBrawler said:

He's his grandnephew.

His Grandnephew.. Ok. Here is something interesting i found. Kent's Father is Sven Nelson his mother is celestine Babcock. Now Celestine has a Aaron Babcock. Aaron is Kent V Nest's father. So my question is why isent his name Kent V Babcock and were did he get his Nelson blood from ?

No idea. Originally, Kent didn't have any siblings. That's something they retconned later on so they could create Kent V.

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By chalkshark

These are questions that are probably never going to be answered as the character you're inquiring about likely no longer exists in DC's "New" 52 continuity. That Dr. Fate suffered a fair degree of misfortune getting up and running, as the writer that created him died before finishing the introductory story arc. The character was folded into the Justice Society of America... an obvious enough place for him... but had to fight for exposure among the large membership. Stories featuring Dr. Fate tended to focus more on his rookie status as a fledgling mage, rather then delve too deeply into his personal history. It's a shame, but for all intents and purposes, that Dr. Fate is just one more casualty of the "New" 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.