Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Would U Buy It #32: "What If? Doctor Doom"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 32:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    10/09/10What If? Doctor Doom(Blog) (Forum)Doctor Doom(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:What If? Doctor Doom.
    Alternate Titles:
    • Doctor Doom: What If?
    • Doom: What If?
    Collecting 7 Issues:
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: What If (1989) #52
    TPB Cover: What If (1989) #52

Doctor Doom is just an absolutely classic villain, and should have a collection all his own. What If? (1977) #22 is one of my all time favorite issues, focusing on Doom's mystical side, as he battles Mephisto for his mother's soul. What If? Secret Wars is asking "What if Dr. Doom kept the Beyonder's power?" What If (1989) #97 is a Black Knight story, but features Dr. Doom, so I put it in this collection. For the cover, I'd personally like to use What If (1977) #22, but I think that #52 would be the better choice, as it shows Doom as Sorcerer Supreme, instead of Doctor Strange.

Update11/18/12:
    No Caption Provided

I added in the 2011 one-shot: What If? Iron Man: Demon In An Armor. It's a tale of Tony Stark as a Doctor Doom version of Iron Man. Kind of harkens back to Iron Maniac, doesn't it?
    Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:31.What If? Possibilities.
    Next:33.What If? Spider-Man, Vol. 1-3.

.WUBI Index.

Thanks again!

What If? Doctor Doom
    What If? Doctor Doom
    Avatar image for doctor_von_doom
    Doctor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Doctor von Doom

That is an excellent idea for a collection.  I actually went to the trouble of getting each of those issues individually, due to my obsession with Doom.  You should absolutely tell Marvel (although I don't know that works).

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    @Doctor von Doom: Well, I'd love to.  I think my Would U Buy It blogs are just going to have to be dreams though.  Especially on the What If's, because Marvel has the first series out in What If? Classic TPB's.  I doubt they'll collect the issues again... although they've collected the same issue in different trades before, so hm...
    FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FunnyStuff707

Yeah, I definitely would. Let's do this!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
    @FunnyStuff707: I think this would be cool.  #22 - "What If Doctor Doom Had Become a Hero?" is one of my all-time favorite What If's.  All of these stories look cool, but I'm not sure what that "Doom as Thing" story is about.  I'd definitely like to read the Black Knight story.
    Avatar image for radiofreelatveria
    RadioFreeLatveria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By RadioFreeLatveria

Would buy without hesitation. You should also have include the fantastic 'What If...The Fantastic Five Fought Dr Doom and Annihilus?' issue as well.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop

I think I have that issue in my What If FF suggestion, but there's no reason it can't go here too - I've done that with some of the other WUBI's. I'll have to add it when I get my own comp up and running.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By batkevin74

Great idea!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cbishop

Thanks, batkevin! I haven't read all of these Doom stories, but I think it would be a fun collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.