Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Does Dr. Doom have any real powers?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

So I've been reading a lot of the Ultimate Fantastic Four lately...  and there is one thing I don't understand.. 

Does Doom actually have any powers or is he just a tech genius?

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

I think Ultimate Doom is suppose to be a tech genuis who is smarter than Reed Richards. I don't read too much of it but that's what I got from it. Basically an evil Reed Richards.  

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kimeraevet

Ultimate Doom has actual powers that after his initial story arc were ignored to make him an exact duplicate of his Earth 616 version.

Powers included:
    Poisonous gas breath - his insides were converted into a gas he could spew. 
    Super dense organic metallic body - as dense or denser than the Thing's rock hide.
    Sharp projectile spikes - razor sharp spikes that can be shot out from the super dense dermis. 

Doom's body was altered, like the FF, through the super positioner transportation gate accident. He gained all those abilities and some sharp claws and goat like hooves. He and Reed were partners in the Baxter Building Think Tank and he actually helped with Reed's transportation project. SUPPOSEDLY according to Reed, Doom changed the super positioning codes. This was all changed by his next appearance with him becoming 616 Doom, wielding magic and having an unnecessary suit of armor on. Eventually his head was crushed by the Thing which made even less sense. Oh and now Reed is the new Doom so yay?
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By doomsilver

that about covers it
    Bremu_CaYon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bremu_CaYon

Dr. Doom is one of the most brilliant men of the Marvel Universe.  He's an extremely gifted Sorcerer and inventor.  The Ultimate Doom (Victor von Damme) is more like the Doom from the FF movies.  The original Dr. Doom was more devious.  His armor rivals that of Iron Man's and He has on several occasions stumped Reed Richards yet has never been able to kill him.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

Doom is an uber-genius and one of the top 5 sorcerors on Earth. Those good enough?

RileyD408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is essentially a cross between Iron Man and Dr. Strange

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Doom Generation: Inner I/O

He is definitely a cross between Iron Man and Dr. Strange, great observation.

As per the Ultimate Doom power listings (spikes, breath, etc.), it can be argued that such powers simply highlight Doom's presence as a mad figure of power-obsession and fury-centric strength (which is why we just call him tech-genius, etc!).

Doom is the evil version of Reed, and he's just not as strong by himself as the likes of other Marvel enhancement brutes like Cain Marko (Juggernaut) or power-guzzlers like Cletus Kasady (Carnage).

Doom needs his charms, but his mind is...simply scary, which is why he appeals to so many younger comic book readers.

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He actually has street level strength, skill, and agility.

Avatar image for professorrespect
    ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not "powers" but he does have natural hypnosis, is a skilled h2h foe, and has a abnormal intellect.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t he know magic?

I mean that's something he learned IIRC.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

616 Doom has ovoid mind transfer. Magic too if it counts as a superpower.

Pretty sure Ultimate Doom has powers as well.

Ultimate Doom is literally a living weapon biologically: his "armor" was his mutated skin, he had goat legs, and he could convert his organs into a lethal toxin. He definitely has super powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-6108c6c162ecc
    deactivated-6108c6c162ecc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr doom is just imaging to be green villain man like I wish to have super powers. What I’m saying is i make a perfect doctor doom

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr doom is just imaging to be green villain man like I wish to have super powers. What I’m saying is i make a perfect doctor doom

That sentence almost makes sense. Almost.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.