Follow

Doctor Doom

Character » Doctor Doom appears in 3793 issues.

The very mention of his name makes lesser men tremble! The brilliant scientist whose iron mask conceals his scarred (but once handsome) face! Master of science and sorcery, Victor Von Doom is the monarch of Latveria, attempting the betterment of humanity through world conquest! Unequaled and unrivaled in every manner, Doctor Doom has had many conflicts with both earthly and cosmic super-beings, but he will always be known as the eternal nemesis of Reed Richards and his accursed Fantastic Four!

Doctor Doom Takes No Prisoners in SECRET WARS #4

• 169 results
    Avatar image for harmanswoodscpj
    harmanswoodscpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By harmanswoodscpj
    GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maker > Mr Fantastic

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By strangetales

Doctor Strange... I'm so sad.

I hope the one in the new series he's getting is still the 616 version.

Maybe Doom resurrects him because of their history and strips him of his power as punishment... Thus the need for an axe. Eventually gaining them back

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By sinikettu

In a away I just love how Doom is all "I Friggin' saved this worthless peace of S***-world and I want some respect. So what the F*** dudes, hey where's my friggin' respect, ya know R-E-S-P-E-C-T for F*** sakes."

And our heroes being our heroes naturally won't give him any even to save their own ass. Sure, Doom could have been more diplomatic with it but his a god now and god doesn't need diplomacy... only obedience.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that Doom and the other marvel heroes are on the same level if you go by a moral scale I see no reason why he shouldn't be in charge.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

How amazing would i be if there was a moment where Reed gets to Franklin and tried to convince him that he's really his father and says "No, I can your father." and then follows it up with like "Search your feelings... you know it to be true."

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: I think it would feel a little bit too cheesy to work well as a homage in a fairly serious comic like SW.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack: I think it would feel a little bit too cheesy to work well as a homage in a fairly serious comic like SW.

I was kidding, but I do seriously think Franklin will be a big part in confronting Doom.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By sinikettu

@teerack: Well, after that display... "Life rafters" and the Cabal are sure going to need a new ace for their hand and Franklin would be almost as good as any, well except that he may not be 616-Franklin at all since Reed's whole family died in SW #1 and Doom is going to watch them like a hawk from now on, in case that Reed's sanity finally cracks and he thinks he can just storm into Doom's palace and just grab the kids & Sue.

White_Phalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csguterres: So your assumption that 616 Franklin (who is less powerful than the Abstracts and Living Tribunal who the Beyonders smoked) is more powerful than Doom is based on the fact that Doom cant fix his face? Dooms facial situation was put in place by LT who is exponentially more powerful than Franklin anyway. Thats terrible logic.

Theres no need for us to debate over the power level of Franklin. Hes demonstrably Celestial level, by on panel statement and feats. Powerful but not top tier im afraid.

White_Phalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops Phoenix had Doom on the ropes initially. Less gloating and more blasting and he might have had a better showing. Either way, its just the host Doom took out. The Force itself is still about.

I still think the Force will make a return and play a had in the rebirth of a new Marvel reality.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@grenadeflow said:

Maker > Mr Fantastic

Maker is what Reed would be without morals or care, like Dr. Doom. lol

I still love Dr. Strange's last statement to Doom before he was killed by Doom, (paraphrasing since I don't have the issue in front of me) "Even with a power of a God, Reed still scares you". That has to go down in comic history.

Rookstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Rookstar

I never liked Cyclops. I think he is just amutant-ass-hole. With a broken neck. Many thanks to you, Victor Von Doom.

TonyNGarcia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Doom is the signature villain of the Marvel Universe. Sorry Thanos. Doom will lose but he isn't going anywhere. Reed might get replaced by... Reed. I love the fact that Doom will be targeted by Thanos ( maybe with a Infinity gauntlet); Mr. Sinister; Red Skull (if they find him); Apocolypse, Hyperion, Maestro and I mean wow! Doom versus damn near everybody! Go Doom!!!!!

ranpuba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking that Dr. Strange did an old Vulcan "Remember" with Black Panther before whisking them away. While it could be related to the send away spell, I wouldn't be surprised he had a trick or two up his sleeve. Also, Doom being Doom, I'm not sure if this was the only time Doom vaporized Strange.

Still, this was a good read. The idea that Doom's dream is that he have a family with Sue says a lot about the man and how brittle he actually is. It reminds me of the first time he stole the power of the first "Beyonder" and lost it due to his lack of confidence - that like Thanos said - he wasn't sure he was "god".

Also, I don't think Doom "creates" people, these are the remnants of the multiverse that he "saved" somehow, before they were completely wiped from existence.

Magistrixes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranpuba said:

I'm thinking that Dr. Strange did an old Vulcan "Remember" with Black Panther before whisking them away. While it could be related to the send away spell, I wouldn't be surprised he had a trick or two up his sleeve. Also, Doom being Doom, I'm not sure if this was the only time Doom vaporized Strange.

Still, this was a good read. The idea that Doom's dream is that he have a family with Sue says a lot about the man and how brittle he actually is. It reminds me of the first time he stole the power of the first "Beyonder" and lost it due to his lack of confidence - that like Thanos said - he wasn't sure he was "god".

Also, I don't think Doom "creates" people, these are the remnants of the multiverse that he "saved" somehow, before they were completely wiped from existence.

I agree that there's a whole "other" side of Doom. It seems as our culture is developing, writers are really giving people more "human" qualities. Take Deadpool, he's always known to be the whack who goes around killing and being insane. But if you've read the recent comics, he's really gone from uncomprehendable to relatable. He even has a family with his daughter. It's no surprise they would do the same for others, like Doom.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the Beyonder coming back? It looked like his image in the teaser for the next issue. He was on the cover of an earlier one as well, correct?

I'm wondering if that's the end point of all of this.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironthor1: I'm a little confused about he beat the Beyonders as well. Actually A LOT.

In New Avengers 33, Doom saying "no, no, no" gave off the impression that his -I don't know wtf- bomb didn't work and that Doom, Strange, and Reese were about to get their collective stuffings served. Now we find out that he beat all of them?

I was hoping that we'd get more than just "I beat them and took their power". I was hoping that Strange would be the one to spill it all, but he's. . .yeah you know.

As for good Secret Wars titles, I really like Weirdworld and X-Tinction Agenda. I think those are good.

Strange said that he saw the "abyss that was omnipotence and ran from it". Maybe Doom was seeing the same thing but had no choice but to take the enormous power and it scared him. I always found that part weird too though.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By sinikettu

@avatar_of_green: Theoretically; Doom & Strange could have possibly let the power of the Beyonders dissipate once they had done their deed... But it might have meant that then there would have been no one left to save the remnants of remaining multiverse before it all would be gone.

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hope lies in Doom!

Methadras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Methadras

What no one is asking is, how did doom kill the Beyonders? Furthermore, how did the Living Tribunal not know about the Beyonders existence or their powers? How is that possible? And why didn't The One Above All not intervene when he saw his #2, The Living Tribunal get killed? Why has TOAA been absent in all of this?

LoganX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methadras: Thats because this story line is lame , & is being written by untalented dingleberrys who know nothing of marvel , like WonderWoman writer doing Wolverines Death , its a corporate plot deployment to weaken the marvel universe & take shots at Marvels mightiest heroes Dr Doom before y2k & new Bendis & quesada the DC Azreal takeover never had as much power to do such things its just DC Vulcan Skrulls recopying every marvel epic event & destroying them with these new cheesy lame storyplots .

PleasureWorks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE.

I created a comicvine account to post exclusively on this topic and share my thoughts. I love Cyclops. Literally the most kick @$$ mutant character. I don't understand the constant Cyclops hatred from other fans. When exploring what he has endured in recent years, I understand the villainous path he has been on and I have been enjoying it. What does a guy do that has lost everything? You look for change on the big scale. change everything. That happened in AvX, but at the price of Xavier. There has been no victory for Scott and I think he is desperate. I would not mind a "maker" reed version of Cyclops that has gone to the dark side from the light. On another note, Marvel should be aware of how often they kill off characters since Cyclops' pointless death in "Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier".

My Secret Wars Theory: Old Man Logan and a handfull of others may be new, but we are still looking at the 616, people. Maestro showed up on Earth 616 in issue 10, I believe, of Spider-Man 2099 so I doubt he is the same one in Future Imperfect. It will come down to Reed and Doom, and they will draw the curtain for a bit as others have said. Cyclops will be back despite the broken neck, at the least, due to an adult Cyclops is still in the Ultimate End series in Secret Wars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.