Fantagraphics presents Disney Masters — acclaimed artists from around the world working in the grand Walt Disney tradition. Look inside and thrill to a swashbuckling series of travels and travails — from cowboy capers at “Yesterday Ranch” to the head-scratching mystery of “The Vanishing Railroad!”
In our title story, Mickey’s uncle wants to attract tourists back to his fading seaside resort — and Mickey and Goofy think populating the pier with fierce pirate cosplayers is just the way to do it! But when Black Pete and his scurvy crew stage a real pirate raid, our intrepid heroes go from planning the boardwalk to walking the plank!
Paul Murry — one of the longest-serving Mickey Mouse artists — surprises, enchants, and delights with rollicking adventures told in a straightforward, no-holds-barred style.
Seven complete Mickey serials in all — each newly recolored in the warm colors of the original comic books!
- The Lost City (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #176-178, May-July 1955)
- Yesterday Ranch (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #179-181, August-October 1955)
- Mickey Mouse and the Marvelous Magnet (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #182-184, November 1955-January 1956)
- The Vanishing Railroad (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #185-187, February-April 1956)
- The Case of the Hungry Ghost (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #188-190, May-July 1956)
- The Pirates of Tabasco Bay (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #191-193, August-October 1956)
- The Great Stamp Hunt (Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #194-196, November 1956-January 1957)