Mickey Mouse and Uncle Scrooge tackle crafty — and not-so-crafty — crooks in adventures in these comics stories by legendary Italian "Maestro" Romano Scarpa!
In "The Man from Altacraz," Mickey tries to reform musical ex-convict J. Cobalt Bloogle — but another master criminal is using both Bloogle and Mickey to get his hands on a priceless treasure! Then, in "The African Queen," Goofy falls in love with Zenobia, ruler of a lost jungle kingdom… and Mickey's troubles are only getting started!
When Disney Legend Floyd Gottfredson stopped creating new Mickey Mouse adventure serials in 1955, Italian Disney cartoonist Romano Scarpa (1927-2005) picked up the Mickey mantle — telling decades' worth of legendary tales himself! Now Fantagraphics is anthologizing Scarpa's best — and beyond this book's Mickey tales, we're also including Scrooge McDuck versus the Beagle Boys in "Risky Bees-Ness"… the tale of a sting gone wrong!
- The Man From Altacraz ("Topolino e l'uomo di Altacraz", Topolino #380-381, March 10 & 17, 1963)
- Risky Bees-Ness ("Zio Paperone e la sabbiatura funesta", Topolino #517, October 24, 1965)
- Kali's Nail ("Topolino e l'unghia di Kali", Topolino #183-184, March 25 & April 10, 1858)
- The African Queen ("Topolino e la Regina d'Africa", Topolino Piu #6, September 1983)
- Romano Scarpa: Mouse Maestro
Note: The digital edition (7/14/2021) for this volume was released before the print edition.