Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

The end of Robin War and the future of Grayson *SPOILERS*

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By graysonofgotham
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

"So, the big bad plan of the Court of Owls was that they'd put Dick into a corner, so he'd join them... why they need him, god only knows. How did they do this? By tricking Damian into thinking he'd stop the Court's attack by joining them, sort of a "it's what Batman would have done" sort of thing. With this, the Court gave Damian a mask which had some nanotech bomb shit in him, that's now inside of Damian, for the time being, I guess. So they got a gun to Damian's head 24/7 now, apparently, so Dick joins them, Court stops. Turns out Court is global and there's a Parliament of Owls.There's also a good deal of "You're not Robin, I'm Robin!" character development stuff, people go though ups and downs, Damian is a bit more accepting of Duke, sort of befriends him, but Duke is having doubts. Shit like that. Also, a loose explanation of Lincoln March is the Court was using him to bait Grayson, and if he succeeded, he'd be freed from their control."Review source Gotham Spoilers.

I enjoined Robin War and thought it was a great story. As for the ending I think with the Spyral story line wrapping up Dick Grayson is gonna now be infiltrating The Court of Owls. Working with them but secretly against them like he did with Spyral in Grayson. They kept calling him Nightwing so maybe this will lead to him being Nightwing again while working for them. And I think The Courts new going global plan is a result of Owlman from Earth 2. We haven't seen him but we know he is out there still. It would explain why The Court is so obsessed with getting Dick back. Owlman was obsessed with working alongside Dick and if it is him leading The Court now he can. Thoughts?

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like Tom King as a writer, he's probably one of my favorites, but I really didn't like this twist. The idea of Dick joining the Court of Owls, willingly, in a "no win" situation is very weird to me.

But by the sounds of Grayson 18? it seems that he is bringing all these organizations down

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I don't mind it so much as it gives Dick Grayson more relevance in the DCU, though it would have worked better when he was Nightwing. I mean there's already a comicbook about him joining an evil organization to bring it down from the inside...it's called Grayson.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Folly

It could go into the Spyral vs Court of Owls direction depending how the Spyral conflict will be solved because the CoO is now international too. I did not mind the twist because I wanted someone to explore the CoO connection more since they had been introduced. It would also be a good way to include Owlman and a bit of Luthor. A repetition of Spyral would be boring but I don't think we will get that. King, Snyder and Johns are also seemingly working on something big because Batman comes back and it could include the Owls through Owlman if JL is involved.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically exactly what Slade pulled in the Teen Titans cartoon show to get Dick to become his apprentice? Got it.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the flip side of things I'm enjoying how the Court of Owls and Fist of Cain are slowly ingraining themselves as Grayson adversaries. Frankly I find William Cobb a more interesting villain/antihero than Lincoln March when it pertains to Dick's rogues gallery. OMG be over the moon if it came down to a war between Spyral and Court of Owls. Does this mean he's a triple agent???

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Robin War was shit. An a Global Court of Owls actually makes them less special, its actually kinda ruining Snyders story.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin War was shit. An a Global Court of Owls actually makes them less special, its actually kinda ruining Snyders story.

Only read a couple of issues of Robin War. Won't put my finger on how I feel about it now as I'll wager a guess the full scope of it has yet to roll out. Ask me again in 4 or 5 months and I'll decide whether it was a good move lol. As far as the globalization of the COO goes, expanding their numbers worldwide only makes sense from a street cred standpoint. If you've seen a shadowy cabal tango with Batman on the rooftops of Gotham once, you've seen it a thousand times. Forget Leviathan, move over League of Assassins...if spun correctly, the Owls have all the backing to become a real power player in the greater DCU.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.