Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9477 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Sinister tweets from Kyle Higgins

• 122 results
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#101  Edited By ReVamp

I don't think he'll kill him. Don't make much sense.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Agreed. What sane man willingly opens himself up to that many death threats?

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By vernierhawk001

@PsychoKnights said:

@vernierhawk001:

Vern, I concur that Bruce is just a tad too much of a dick. I do not want a major change, but it does bug me when he blocks out all socialization sometimes.

Also, the Damian/Nightwing revenge idea is very clever.

@vernierhawk001:

I can see Tim taking the role of Oracle pretty easily. He has not done anything particularly useful in Teen Titans anyway, and Tim has been a lousy field commander.

Dick could never be Oracle for lots of reasons.

@lilcraig92:

Harper has done mechanical things, but I don't recall her doing much in the way of hacking.

yeah...it depends on who is writing Bruce. Film adaptations and Animated versions seem to do a good job of not making him a total jerk so that's how I prefer to think about him.

Tim could take the role but I think he would have to reinvent it, somehow. Though not an awesome field commander or the best fighter (in terms of the batfamily), he is still a Bat. It would be a waste to have him sitting behind a computer screen all day. he'd have to find a way to be more active. Someone once mentioned him becoming the new Question...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#104  Edited By ReVamp

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

LOL. I mean that if it was, it'd be a plot-twist so it wouldn't be revealed so early.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By BatWatch

@vernierhawk001 said:

@PsychoKnights said:

@vernierhawk001:

Vern, I concur that Bruce is just a tad too much of a dick. I do not want a major change, but it does bug me when he blocks out all socialization sometimes.

Also, the Damian/Nightwing revenge idea is very clever.

@vernierhawk001:

I can see Tim taking the role of Oracle pretty easily. He has not done anything particularly useful in Teen Titans anyway, and Tim has been a lousy field commander.

Dick could never be Oracle for lots of reasons.

@lilcraig92:

Harper has done mechanical things, but I don't recall her doing much in the way of hacking.

yeah...it depends on who is writing Bruce. Film adaptations and Animated versions seem to do a good job of not making him a total jerk so that's how I prefer to think about him.

Tim could take the role but I think he would have to reinvent it, somehow. Though not an awesome field commander or the best fighter (in terms of the batfamily), he is still a Bat. It would be a waste to have him sitting behind a computer screen all day. he'd have to find a way to be more active. Someone once mentioned him becoming the new Question...

The question idea is interesting, but I don't personally see it.

I actually think the DCNU Tim would fit in quite well. His new origin shows that he is plainly in need of being humbled, and his actions with Teen Titans have not shown him to have learned that lesson yet. Tim was a good commander in the DCU, but it is generous to say he has been fumbling with the Teen Titans. I can see him walking into the Oracle role tomorrow. He is good at getting info, and I think he could learn to coordinate, but he cannot rally the troops and give orders on the fly. He would be well suited as an information broker.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:

LOL. I mean that if it was, it'd be a plot-twist so it wouldn't be revealed so early.

I know lol was just saying. From a writing standpoint I can't understand the decision to kill Dick, and as you said if they were going to it should be a massive surprise that no one sees coming. That way the impact would be all the more effective. Now we're all going into this event expecting it to possibly happen. Every page that Dick appears in we're going to be thinking about it. Really kills any sense of surprise.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By LuigiBat

Just been thinking about this, it strikes me that Higgins is really something of an amateur. Nightwing is really his first big break, not sure what he's done before now but I wouldn't be surprised if it was mainly fan-fiction stuff. He seems to be overly excited and enthused about the power he's allowed to wield over the character, at least thats what I sense from all his twitter postings. Snyder seems very good at dropping hints and other things to create suspense and I imagine that Higgins is trying to follow suit but being a noob he's not being overly controversial (as shown by things he's said) or just an idiot at times.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By vernierhawk001

@LuigiBat said:

Just been thinking about this, it strikes me that Higgins is really something of an amateur. Nightwing is really his first big break, not sure what he's done before now but I wouldn't be surprised if it was mainly fan-fiction stuff. He seems to be overly excited and enthused about the power he's allowed to wield over the character, at least thats what I sense from all his twitter postings. Snyder seems very good at dropping hints and other things to create suspense and I imagine that Higgins is trying to follow suit but being a noob he's not being overly controversial (as shown by things he's said) or just an idiot at times.

Lol

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LuigiBat said:

LMFAO a very good way of putting it. I think he's done some work on Supreme Power before, but I don't really read that stuff so i'm not sure.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Munsu

I can't see them killing off Dick, or having him lose an eye or something, in a tie in issue where the main focus is going to be in another book. Since it isn't like the Joker is going to get caught/defeated in Nightwing's title. The main action is going to happen in the Batman title. Pretty much everything that happens in the tie in issues is just going to be used to set up what happens in the main bat book. Plus it is just too early in the reboot to stick a character with a major handicap like a missing eye or something. I just don't have any interest in reading a book where Dick is all depressed because of what the joker did to him.

Also if the Black Mirror story is still in continuity Dick defeated the Joker only a few months ago. Probably not going to be bought up or mentioned in the Joker issues, but it kind of should.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If nothing else, it still and never will make sense for them to kill off a character who's doing well so soon after a....I guess you'd call the New 52 a reboot or a halfassed one anyways.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#112  Edited By JakeN7

I don't know guys. I'm the last person on the planet that would want Dick to die, but considering the tweets and this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0kjKO9-pvg&list=FL9xOYt1mrmrivw4S-tGwAag&index=1&feature=plpp_video At around 3:02 of the video, Kyle is asked if he could describe his Death of the Family storyline in one word, what word would that be, he replied: "Heartbreaking"...

It's looking more and more likely that Dick will be killed. Hope he takes Joker down with him! I wonder though... if Dick was killed off, would it be in Nightwing #16 or in the main Batman run?

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Munsu

I still doubt they will kill him off, but if they do it would bring a lot of attention to him and his book.

If they do plan to I would be somewhat okay with it if they have a plan in place to bring him back soon, like maybe with the upcoming Trinity War event which is apparently going to deal with characters like Phantom Stranger where maybe resurrecting a character wouldn't be out of the question. Then maybe use the Nightwing book during the time between his death and resurrection to tell how he became Nightwing in a long past arc. I think that might be the only way I would be okay with it.

War07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By War07

I think they want to make Dick into an another hero like Jason Todd became Red Hood and Barbara Gordorn became Oracle!!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they're killing him off they need to have this entire thing planned out. I'm not talking just his death, but the aftermath, and his inevitable resurrection.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By Funrush

@Munsu said:

I still doubt they will kill him off, but if they do it would bring a lot of attention to him and his book.

If they do plan to I would be somewhat okay with it if they have a plan in place to bring him back soon, like maybe with the upcoming Trinity War event which is apparently going to deal with characters like Phantom Stranger where maybe resurrecting a character wouldn't be out of the question. Then maybe use the Nightwing book during the time between his death and resurrection to tell how he became Nightwing in a long past arc. I think that might be the only way I would be okay with it.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Video_Martian

LOL, Bat family member dying, character comes back in a few months... XD

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By SmoothJammin

@SmoothJammin said:

@vernierhawk001: @LuigiBat: @richardjohngrayson:

Suddenly I'm worried again after reading your guys' posts lol. Damn. Way to take things at face value Jam. Next month, sh!t is really going to hit the fan. My only relief is Young Justice making it's way back onto the air.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vernierhawk001

SO sad.....sigh

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really just causing unneeded stress to all of us lol hell we're probably worrying for nothing. Though I have to wonder, I can only imagine two people dying in this: Dick Grayson or Alfred Pennyworth. And while Dick's my favorite character, to be honest I don't want Alfred to die either.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By graysonofgotham
    LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By LuigiBat

Important points to be found in that link:

Dick Grayson’s life lies in ruins in the wake of the events surrounding “DEATH OF THE FAMILY”! Is his career as Nightwing over? Where will he go now? Will the voice of reason come from Damian Wayne?

We know that something soul destroying is bound to happen, that much is clear. Joker knows he can't destroy Bruce in either body or mind, in fact I'd question whether he even really wants to do that, certainly not through targeting him directly. In Joker's mind surely it makes sense to go for the next best thing, in other words Dick Grayson, destroying Dick would be the straw that broke the camel's back (the camel being Bruce) and would surely have a massive impact on Bruce.

I like the idea of Damian being the voice of reason and helping Dick in his time of need, it just seems right given how Dick has arguably been a far bigger force for good in Damian's life than Bruce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.