Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Possible Proof Nightwing is in a Second Book?

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RitchieB

I found this on comic book resources. Notice that Nightwing is on the front cover and the book is written by Kyle Higgins.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45463

No Caption Provided

BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #1

Written by KYLE HIGGINS and CHRISTOS N. GAGE

Art by THONY SILAS and IBAN COELLO

Cover by SEAN MURPHY

1:25 Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

On sale AUGUST 21 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The new series begins here with all-new creative teams and all-new adventure!

if I were to guess, I would say that this book is about how the Batman Beyond Universe came to be. It is my understanding (please note I dont read Batman Beyond) that Batman Beyond is non-cannon and only one possible future. is this correct? if so I believe in this universe there will only have been Bruce, Dick, and Babs. Purely guessing I think that this possible future. Half of the book will cover events leading to Batman Beyond and the other will show Terry in the Beyond Universe.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems interesting! I didn't know they were making a new series. With Higgins being on this ill definitely keep an eye out for this.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freakin' a, I miss blue Nightwing

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, the costume looks like the one Dick wore in TNBA so it may or may not end up being a canon future for the moment. We've seen Terry in the DCU before, as possible futures and alternate earths so it could go either way here.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

I was really hoping for a canon book...meh.

Freakin' a, I miss blue Nightwing

I'm with you on that one.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thejman251

@ritchieb said:

I found this on comic book resources. Notice that Nightwing is on the front cover and the book is written by Kyle Higgins.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=45463

No Caption Provided

BATMAN BEYOND UNIVERSE #1

Written by KYLE HIGGINS and CHRISTOS N. GAGE

Art by THONY SILAS and IBAN COELLO

Cover by SEAN MURPHY

1:25 Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE

On sale AUGUST 21 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The new series begins here with all-new creative teams and all-new adventure!

if I were to guess, I would say that this book is about how the Batman Beyond Universe came to be. It is my understanding (please note I dont read Batman Beyond) that Batman Beyond is non-cannon and only one possible future. is this correct? if so I believe in this universe there will only have been Bruce, Dick, and Babs. Purely guessing I think that this possible future. Half of the book will cover events leading to Batman Beyond and the other will show Terry in the Beyond Universe.

- This is not canon.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251:

yea my understanding (like I mentioned above) that none of Batman Beyond is cannon. Cannon, non-cannon, I just hope Grayson is actually a main part of this book and not just in the first issue. Hopefully with Higgins on it Nightwing will play a bigger part. Maybe in this universe he stayed Nightwing and acts as an mentor to Terry on the field while Bruce helps from the cave and with training

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@thejman251:

yea my understanding (like I mentioned above) that none of Batman Beyond is cannon. Cannon, non-cannon, I just hope Grayson is actually a main part of this book and not just in the first issue. Hopefully with Higgins on it Nightwing will play a bigger part. Maybe in this universe he stayed Nightwing and acts as an mentor to Terry on the field while Bruce helps from the cave and with training

- Well, if this is the same universe from Batman :TAS and Batman:Beyond (animated series), then i feel that you may be in store for a disappointment.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting on news about that potential rebooted Justice League International with Shazam, Nightwing, Red Tornado, Booster Gold, Batgirl, Black Canary, and Hawman. Well, probably not Hawkman any time soon...

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RitchieB

@thejman251:

yea probably but NW is on the cover so maybe Higgins will put him in there. I dont think its the same as the Batman Beyond animated because it says its from a new team with an all new adventure. i think if it was the same as the old batman beyond they would announce it as a return.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need to keep in mind that everyone being pictured here, was featured heavily in the DCAU, and looks very similar to how they did in the DCAU. With Nightwing having not only the bird, but the blue colored chest symbol i'd be surprised it was the main DCU featured in this.

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@thejman251:

yea probably but NW is on the cover so maybe Higgins will put him in there. I dont think its the same as the Batman Beyond animated because it says its from a new team with an all new adventure. i think if it was the same as the old batman beyond they would announce it as a return.

- I see.

- Honestly, the designs look the same from , Batman:TAS, Batman Beyond, JL, and JL:Unlimited. animated shows. Thus, i'll be surprised if they are in a different universe.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejman251:

could be only time will tell. I just think for a Beyond book its strange to have people from the past on it especially since they could have put people from Justice League Beyond on the comic but they chose to do Bruce, Dick, and Babs on the cover of the very first issue.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No reason that it can't be like what you're saying, but not exactly alike. It could just be bridging the gap between the TNBA and Batman Beyond, or some version of that. The last time we saw this universe I believe it was with Damian being shown as Terry's mentor. Notably, along with the fact that they all look like their animated counterparts, Damian's isn't being shown here.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher:

well damian is dead. at least for now. Like i stated my understanding is that Batman Beyond is only a hypothetical/possible future. so the beyond future could change at any moment depending on how the present changes. to kind of rip off Crises on 2 Earths it is the whole idea of "some universes are so similar that it would take a lifetime to find a single difference while others can be so different that they are completely unrecognizable". so it is entirely possible that this a different universe with only a few minor or major changes or the same universe just re imagined

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

well damian is dead. at least for now. Like i stated my understanding is that Batman Beyond is only a hypothetical/possible future. so the beyond future could change at any moment depending on how the present changes. to kind of rip off Crises on 2 Earths it is the whole idea of "some universes are so similar that it would take a lifetime to find a single difference while others can be so different that they are completely unrecognizable". so it is entirely possible that this a different universe with only a few minor or major changes or the same universe just re imagined

That's my point about why it may have to do with the DCAU and not the DCU, or some version of that. Specifically because Damian's dead, when everytime we've seen Batman Beyond recently Damian's been included. Again, it's not like it can't be taking place in the current DCU, but it doesn't look like it just based off the images.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its more likely that this is non-canon to the main Batman timeline set out in the New 52, granted there was the Batman Beyond suit in the latest issue of Snyder and Capullo's Batman but that doesn't mean we'll see Terry McGinnis wearing the cowl in the main timeline in my opinion.

This series is most likely going to fill the void between The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond animated series and subsequent comic spin offs. It makes sense for this to be the case as in the Batman Beyond show there was no real explanation of what the hell happened between TNBA and BB except for why Bruce retired from the role of Batman, the Batman Beyond: Hush arc somewhat touched upon events leading to Dick and Bruce's falling out but again left a lot of questions. I for one always wanted to know what happened in the timeframe between TNBA and Batman Beyond, I imagine a great many others did too. I think this will be a good test of Higgins ability as a writer, the audience already knows the ending (Bruce falls out with everyone, goes it alone etc) so it will be interesting to see how he keeps readers hooked throughout as the story unfolds.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luigibat said:

I think its more likely that this is non-canon to the main Batman timeline set out in the New 52, granted there was the Batman Beyond suit in the latest issue of Snyder and Capullo's Batman but that doesn't mean we'll see Terry McGinnis wearing the cowl in the main timeline in my opinion.

This series is most likely going to fill the void between The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond animated series and subsequent comic spin offs. It makes sense for this to be the case as in the Batman Beyond show there was no real explanation of what the hell happened between TNBA and BB except for why Bruce retired from the role of Batman, the Batman Beyond: Hush arc somewhat touched upon events leading to Dick and Bruce's falling out but again left a lot of questions. I for one always wanted to know what happened in the timeframe between TNBA and Batman Beyond, I imagine a great many others did too. I think this will be a good test of Higgins ability as a writer, the audience already knows the ending (Bruce falls out with everyone, goes it alone etc) so it will be interesting to see how he keeps readers hooked throughout as the story unfolds.

Agreed and if it is going to be an explanation let's hope we get something better than what we got last time: His son gets shot up in an alleyway due to a mistake he made and he never goes to visit him in the hospital, but then wants to see said son decades later.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.