Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9487 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Marvel Crossover Pairings for Grayson

TheKingisHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I dont know if this has been done before but I was wondering if Dick Grayson were to meet up with the Marvel Universe, which character would you pair him up with romantically and why?

TheKingisHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump?

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any female.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By graysonofgotham

I'd like to see him with Black Widow. I think it would be a good pairing of personality's. And............she is a beautiful red headed lady which is kind of his thing.

TheKingisHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheKingisHere
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow would be cool.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I think the better question is who isn't a good match for him because he's a lot like Zatanna in the sense that you can pair him up with most characters and somehow make it make sense. Personally, I have several characters that I think would be a good match for him and each are for a different Dick Grayson (you'll see what I mean).

Kitty Pryde - This is a pairing for Dick Grayson while he is a Robin. There are several reasons for this pairing but chief among them is the fact that these two are probably the most well-known legacy characters in comics (I place Kitty above Bucky). Kitty went from being one of the more junior members of the X-Men to at one point being the Headmistress of Xaviers School and the leader of the X-Men while Dick Grayson went from being the prototypical sidekick to his own hero to Batman and at several points leading the Justice League. Kitty Pryde is a lot like Barbara Gordon in the sense that she is very good with computers and whenever she was in a relationship, she was the more serious one of the two. You can easily write stories with these two and have their relationship develop over the years along with their status in the superhero community. Oh and one more thing, both wore some truly hideous costumes in the past.

No Caption Provided

Black Cat - This is a pairing for the new 52 Dick Grayson/Nightwing. A lot of people have the Black Cat crossover pairing end up being Batman because she's Marvel's Catwoman. But I think that's wrong because Black Cat is younger, more lighter, and her interactions with Spider-Man are almost always more playful than Catwoman's interactions with Batman. Not to mention what keeps Black Cat and Spidey from being serious is Black Cat and what keeps Batman and Catwoman from being serious is Batman. I think that the better pairing would be her with Dick Grayson. As Nightwing, Dick Grayson is essentially the Peter Parker of the DCU, especially when he moved to Chicago. It would be very easy to write chemistry with these two because both are natural flirts, both like to have fun with their partners and it's hard to think of a sexier crossover pairing. One of the main stumbling blocks with Black Cat and Spider-Man is that she didn't like what he looked like under the mask...not going to be a problem with Dick and one of the main stumbling blocks with Nightwing and a female on the wrong side of the law is that they tend to rape him, hopefully not the case here.

No Caption Provided

Misty Knight - This is a pairing for the pre-Flashpoint Nightwing. For those of you who don't know who she is, she was a member of Heroes for Hire and now the Defenders and she is the main love interest of Danny Rand aka Iron Fist aka ifyouweretoputDickandBruceinablenderthisguywouldpopout. Why her, well several reasons, first of which is that her main occupation before becoming a superhero was as a police officer and she ended up having great detective skills because of it, so obviously there are similarities between her and pre-Flashpoint Nightwing who was a police officer too. Also her personality is very dynamic, sassy and very much like a modern woman which actually contrasts well with Dick Grayson who is more old-fashioned gentlemen and plays very well off of sassy characters. They are close to the same age group. Oh and one more thing, along with her friend Colleen Knight, she formed the investigation group Nightwing Restorations Ltd.

No pics of them together.
    No pics of them together.

Crystal - This is for the George Perez, Teen Titans era Dick Grayson. Again just a brief explanation, she is part of the Attilan royal family who has elemental powers. Her main love interests include Human Torch, Quicksilver and Ronan the Accuser (which one of those doesn't belong with the others). Just like a certain Tameranean, Crystal was not born with her powers, she got hers from a mist as a young girl, also just like a certain Tameranean, she had to fight her sister, just like a certain Tamerean, she has a rather bubbly personality but is prone to losing control, just like a certain Tameranean she has a pet that many mistake for a beast (though Crystal's actually serves a purpose). I think that these two would work very well in the George Perez/Teen Titans era as I can see humanity making first contact with the Inhumans from the Teen Titans and that the relationship that Crystal and Dick have mirrors what he had with a certain Tameranean. Also, depending on the artist her hair can look red, even though she's a strawberry blond so the redhead quota is satisfied.

Sadly, no pics of them together again.
    Sadly, no pics of them together again.

TheKingisHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardjohngrayson: I can see a scenario where Widow is training Agent Grayson and he develops a crush on her.

@youknowwhattodo: Nice choices and explanations, Misty is definitely an interesting choice

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@youknowwhattodo: So I'm not allowed to share my opinions on Marvel/DC ships, yet you're allowed to do massive paragraphs on them?...Huh.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@vernierhawk001 said:

@youknowwhattodo: Where was that Xmen/teen Titans picture from

I found that on deviant art, it was made by Elena Casagrande.

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

@youknowwhattodo: So I'm not allowed to share my opinions on Marvel/DC ships, yet you're allowed to do massive paragraphs on them?...Huh.

Yeah that's pretty much how it works, just joking of course you're allowed to share your opinions, I never said that you couldn't, I'm a little confused here.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@vernierhawk001 said:

@youknowwhattodo: Where was that Xmen/teen Titans picture from

I found that on deviant art, it was made by Elena Casagrande.

@spideyivydaredevilfan26 said:

Yeah that's pretty much how it works, just joking of course you're allowed to share your opinions, I never said that you couldn't, I'm a little confused here.

So was I. ;)

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@youknowwhattodo: Nice write-up. I totally agree with the first two, not so much on the second two.

BTW, where's that Nightwing/Black Cat image from?

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@orangebat said:

@youknowwhattodo: Nice write-up. I totally agree with the first two, not so much on the second two.

BTW, where's that Nightwing/Black Cat image from?

I have no clue where that Nightwing/Black Cat image is from, I know it's fan art, one of my friends on tumblr found it several months ago but they didn't know where it came from, the original poster of that picture wasn't the artist. I did a Google search of Nightwing and Black Cat and didn't find it. I generally like to attribute fan art to the artist but I don't know who did it sadly.

My original plans were to put Elektra and Psylocke in there instead of Misty Knight and Crystal. But in the case of Elektra, I ultimately scrapped that idea because I thought she was a little too dark for him and he would spend most of his time trying to get her to not be herself, which I don't like. With regards to Psylocke the more I thought about it, the less I could find reasons to pair them up and I wanted to find someone who would fit with Dick in the NTT era.

Zyule22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zyule22

Just to be clear, the characters from these couples are taken from their respective Prime Earth (DC) & Earth-616 (MARVEL) realities. Their listed aliases (alter egos) are their current ones at to this date. Despite it being years later, feel free to voice your thoughts as you read the couples listed below. Enjoy.:

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Angela del Toro (White Tiger)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Angelica (Angel) Jones (Firestar)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Barbara (Bobbie) Morse (Mockingbird)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Bonita Juarez (Firebird)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Colleen Wing

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Felicia Sara Hardy (The Black Cat)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Jeanne Foucault (Finesse)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Jessica Campbell Jones Cage

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Jessica (Jess) Mirriam Drew (Spider-Woman)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Lily Hollister (The Queen Cat)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Mary Jane (MJ) Watson (Jackpot)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Melissa Joan Gold (Songbird)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Natalia (Natasha) Alianovna Romanova (The Black Widow)

Richard (Dick) John Grayson (Nightwing) & Patricia (Patsy) Walker (The Hellcat)

Please note this list may be updated should I come up with more pairings to add.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing and Black Widow crossover while Dick was involved with Spyral

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.