Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9470 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Has he ever beaten Batman ?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kgb725

has dick ever beat bruce one on one

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmoothJammin

He might be able to ...in a drinking contest.

To answer your question, no. The last time they fought Batman outclassed him. To be fair, pre52 Nightwing/Dickbats has come a long way since then. With the reboot Batman is once again more battle tested while Nightwing is still a little green behind the ears. One day they'll fight again. I give Dick another year or so before he's ready for that encounter, he needs to build up a solid resume for himself until then.

xtremekidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xtremekidx

@Agenda said:

I wish. I prefer Nightwing over Batman :p

This!

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish, but Dick's never been portrayed with that kind of skill. Though neither have any of his "brothers' so it's not all bad I suppose. That being said, Dick's more skills than Bruce was at that age, but not as skilled as Bruce is now. It's all a matter of training and experience I think.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lightburst

@Agenda said:

I wish. I prefer Nightwing over Batman :p

This, one day he might then DCU will reset from the outrage of batman fan hate that Nightwing beat the bat.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@Agenda said:

@xtremekidx: @Lightburst:

lol I honestly thought I was the only person in the world who likes Nightwing better.

I prefer Nightwing to Batman and I like both of them a lot.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lightburst

@John Valentine said:

I was Afraid my first reply from you would be you telling me off... whew that fear is over.

@Agenda said:

lol I honestly thought I was the only person in the world who likes Nightwing better.

@Agenda: Dick is awesome :) but I still like the bat.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lightburst said:

@John Valentine said:

I was Afraid my first reply from you would be you telling me off... whew that fear is over.

@Agenda said:

Batman's cool. Nightwing's cooler lol

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By graysonofgotham
    @Nathaniel_Christopher said:

@Lightburst said:

@John Valentine said:

@Agenda said:

Batman's cool. Nightwing's cooler lol

Pretty much. :)
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Agenda said:

You're not alone, trust me. :)

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Nightwing4

Wish he would sometime, then cut loose and put Shiva in her place. New 52 Shiva is annoying.

Lapsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lapsus

In this new running lose TOOO much.

He should get more respect.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmoothJammin

He needs to stay far, far away from jobber status. The ending of Batman Inc 7 left me cringing..

edit: (screw u Tim)

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

Well Nightwing did defeat William Cobb with much less effort than Batman so that's a start. I'd go as far to say that Nightwing is the better combatant in terms of raw talent but, Batman can still beat him with experience on his side. If anyone can beat the Bat that isn't a Kryptonian god-like being, it would be Dick Grayson. Dick stared into the same abyss as Batman (death of his parents) but, he didn't blink (meaning he didn't let his parents deaths rule him like Bruce).

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach

This obsession amongst Nightwing fans with him beating Batman is both trite and sad

bilwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bilwit

@John Valentine said:

@Agenda said:

I prefer Nightwing as Batman. Do I win?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@bilwit said:

@John Valentine said:

@Agenda said:

I prefer Nightwing as Batman. Do I win?

Nightwing as Nightwing.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By dernman

He hasn't to my knowledge nor should he. Liking a character better is no reason for him to be better any more then it is to make him worse. 
    For the record thougfh I believe Nightwing is more agile and maybe faster.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By SuperJedi17

@Crom-Cruach said:

This obsession amongst Nightwing fans with him beating Batman is both trite and sad

Try not to be disrespectful dude.

Anyway,i kinda wish i could see them fight,even though bats would win.Maybe a sparring session or something.I think it'd be nice to see how close Dick is to Bruce in terms of pure skill.Without gadgets,escrima sticks,etc.

bilwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bilwit

New 52 Nightwing is incredibly weak. He got his ass kicked by Batgirl and routinely gets his ass kicked to a bloody pulp in his own title over and over and over again. It's pretty tiresome.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

Well Nightwing did defeat William Cobb with much less effort than Batman so that's a start. I'd go as far to say that Nightwing is the better combatant in terms of raw talent but, Batman can still beat him with experience on his side. If anyone can beat the Bat that isn't a Kryptonian god-like being, it would be Dick Grayson. Dick stared into the same abyss as Batman (death of his parents) but, he didn't blink (meaning he didn't let his parents deaths rule him like Bruce).

Nightwing beat Cobb using their weakness to cold. He used an environmental factor rather than straight up beat him. Nightwing also admitted he most likely wouldn't beat Cobb even if he were at full considering he wasn't up to par. He really has no reason to lie to himself in inner monologue like that so he isn't better in area of fighting except he is more agile.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

One of the times they fought, Nightwing couldn't even land a hit on Bruce. I haven't seen anything to suggest if they were to fight today, anything would be different.

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
    Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By Nightwing_Beyond

@god_spawn said:

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

Nightwing beat Cobb using their weakness to cold. He used an environmental factor rather than straight up beat him. Nightwing also admitted he most likely wouldn't beat Cobb even if he were at full considering he wasn't up to par. He really has no reason to lie to himself in inner monologue like that so he isn't better in area of fighting except he is more agile.

I would attribute that admission in his monologue to his modest attidude that has been set to the max since him taking up the mantle of Batman. A good example of his modest character can be found in Gates of Gotham where he always bashes himself and puts Bruce and even Tim on higher pedestals than himself. He believes in what he says yet, I always find that Dick is stronger than he gives himself credit for. As for him using an environmental factor to beat Cobb, it's just straight out of the Batman playbook, planning ahead and luring a more powerful foe into a trap. Despite what his modesty doesn't let him see, Dick did defeat a foe that Batman has also faced and defeated him faster than Batman did not at full strength and after facing another Talon. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Dick is ready to challenge Batman but, I think his victory against Cobb was attributed to his raw talent as a fighter because of him holding out against Cobb with his injuries. I don't think I'm just seeing what I'd like to see despite my love for the character. I think DC is building up Nightwing to someday equal (not exceed) his mentor and revive the ultimate dynamic duo someday. Wouldn't that be a kickass book to read? I'd call it something like, "The Dynamic Duo Returns", or just, "The Dynamic Duo". This is quite a stretch but, that's where I see Nightwing going in the New 52.

Dymndshaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC will never allow the Trinity to be outdone by their perspective support. Supergirl even though she has been shown to be stronger, faster, and better at h2h will never outshine Superman. Batman has three years in costume over Nightwing and is just as skilled in everything only faster and more agile,yet DC will never let him outshine Bruce unless Bruce is abscent from the comics. Once he is back Dick will be knocked back down again.

Blaec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Dick beat Bruce in nightwing #30 it was a fair fight that left the batcave ruined and the Arthur even podcasted that dick had won the fight.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yes. Dick beat him in a straight up fair fight in Nightwing #30.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Wow, that's interesting. And the fact that they wrecked the batcave while fighting is hilarious.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.