Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9479 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

does nightwing dislike bruce

moneyshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moneyshotz

i learned that bararba and dick went out so did bruce and barb so does that make him dislike bruce cause it was hard for them to work together plus he said the batman was out of control nightwing even said he would never wanna be batman but he had to during battle of the cowl.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

@moneyshotz: No Dick just grow up and he didn't like that Bruce was treating him like a kid,Dick had many responsibilities(teen titans,college) and Bruce wanted him more at his side!They had a fight and he left!He became nightwing and batman brought in a new robin Jason Todd.

And no they don't dislike each other

moneyshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moneyshotz

thanks just never knew why he quit.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp
    i learned that bararba and dick went out so did bruce and barb

Nope.

o does that make him dislike bruce cause it was hard for them to work together

No. A recurring theme with Grayson is to "not disappoint" Bruce. There's no hatred.

he would never wanna be batman

Hardly has anything to do with hatred.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By graysonofgotham

@moneyshotz said:

i learned that bararba and dick went out so did bruce and barb so does that make him dislike bruce cause it was hard for them to work together plus he said the batman was out of control nightwing even said he would never wanna be batman but he had to during battle of the cowl.

Your mixing up cartoons and comics. The Dick/Babs/Bruce BS went dont during The New Batman Adventures cartoon.

No Caption Provided

as for Dick disliking Bruce I'd say far from it.

moneyshotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moneyshotz

thanks it makes since now so dick grayson saved bruce from going down the wrong path keep him sane.
    Moccles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Moccles

I think it is safe to say for a while Dick resented Bruce.

In the Nightwing comics he hated going to Bruce for help and really had to swallow his pride when he had to. I seem to remember with the destruction of Bludhaven, Alfred patched up Dick and Bruce & Dick had a mild tiff. They've never disliked each other and would move mountains to help the other but both are stubborn and very prideful. Since the New:52 Bruce and Dick have been a lot chummier than before.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it was the same thing you'd see between a father and son, with a son trying to get away from his father and live his own life, but still being there for his father whenever he was needed. Dick's pretty much always been the bigger man between the two i'd say. Bruce is the one who always has problems asking people for help. Whenever things were getting out of hand and Dick could make it, he'd show up to help, and Bruce would pretty much brush him off.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By nightwing91

@moneyshotz said:

Your mistaken on the Bruce/ Barbara part, that only happened during Batman TAS, during Zero Hour(which involved alternate reality Bruce's and Barbara) and Thrillkiller. None of that's the main DCU. He far from hates him, he loves him he's his adopted father. The extent of this was shown when he told Bruce he wouldn't trade his time with him for even having his parents back. He hardly hates Bruce, he still frequently works with him willingly and extremely well from years of practice.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By serpent222

Everyone pretty much nailed the answer here. I'd just want to through in one more piece. If anything, and that's a big if, Grayson hates the idea of becoming Bruce. He sees them as very different in many regards, and there is a running theme across DC media that both Bruce and Dick worry about Dick ending up just like Bruce, which no one really wants to happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.