Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9477 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick's Workout

Avatar image for manmartianhunter
    ManMartianhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ManMartianhunter

If Dick was to reveal his workout what do you think would be in it?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By moywar700

he uses very thick resistance bands and medicine balls.He does gymnastics work outs. He sometimes ends up like this girl...

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

Resistance bands? Was that in a comic?

I'm sure that his workout would consist primarily of gymnastics exercises. If you watch gymnastic ring routines, you will soon understand why gymnasts are some of, if not the most, athletic people in the world. It's probably why Dick is so naturally-talented.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

@gotwillpower said:

Resistance bands? Was that in a comic?

I'm sure that his workout would consist primarily of gymnastics exercises. If you watch gymnastic ring routines, you will soon understand why gymnasts are some of, if not the most, athletic people in the world. It's probably why Dick is so naturally-talented.

i'm just making it up.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Batnandez

PARKOUR!!!

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vernierhawk001

I was actually thinking about this. Instead of going to the gym and lifting, etc all the time I think his workouts would be more wholistic: gymnastics workouts, ring routines, martial arts forms, sparring, etc. I think the only specific muscle groups he'd work would be those that improve his gymanastic or fighting styles

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By graysonofgotham
    No Caption Provided
    LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LuigiBat

I'm sure he'd train in a variety of styles. Bruce would surely have made him train in many different areas, gymnastics, martial arts and weightlifting being key areas.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VenomousDragon

@richardjohngrayson said:

No Caption Provided

Oh god his face LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vernierhawk001

@LuigiBat said:

I'm sure he'd train in a variety of styles. Bruce would surely have made him train in many different areas, gymnastics, martial arts and weightlifting being key areas.

Well I kind of think his training regimen would differ from Bruces in some key ways. Sure he would practice his various martial arts forms but, while Bruce might focus more on weightlifting, say, Dick would foucs a lot more on his gymnastics/acrobatic skills to work the same muscles in light of their various fighting styles

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mtrakos

A "Dick Workout"

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By graysonofgotham

Grayson would train like a G4's american ninja warrior type of work out with a bunch of martial arts as well.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LuigiBat

@vernierhawk001 said:

@LuigiBat said:

Well I kind of think his training regimen would differ from Bruces in some key ways. Sure he would practice his various martial arts forms but, while Bruce might focus more on weightlifting, say, Dick would foucs a lot more on his gymnastics/acrobatic skills to work the same muscles in light of their various fighting styles

He'd likely prioritise certain areas differently to Bruce. Acrobatics is like second nature to Dick so he'd probably place a good amount of emphasis on that. With that being said I'd say that both Bruce and Dick likely emphasis different areas of training at different times, e.g one month spending more time on martial arts than weightlifting and gymnastics etc etc. What is worth noting though is that you simply can not get into that kind of shape by just placing a lot of emphasis on gymnastics. If you look at the male gymnasts in the Olympics its clear that they don't just focus on gymnastic based workouts, they do a lot of weightlifting and strength training from the looks of them.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By SoA

@mtrakos: i admit the thread title made me lol too

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmoothJammin

Calisthenics, plyometrics, high repetition, explosive stamina based regimen. I'm curious what good cross training is for a gymnast. Dick's probably a fan of Capoeira and parkour.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vernierhawk001

With all the olympic hype, I was reading an old article that stated that Jonathan Horton (US Men's gymnast) said he never lifted a weight. Instead, he does a lot of bodyweight exercises. The article also stated that he challeneged a few football players (who presumably spend lots of time in the weight room) to attempt the iron cross position and only one even had the strength to pull himself high enough to even attempt the position.

LuigiBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LuigiBat

@vernierhawk001 said:

With all the olympic hype, I was reading an old article that stated that Jonathan Horton (US Men's gymnast) said he never lifted a weight. Instead, he does a lot of bodyweight exercises. The article also stated that he challeneged a few football players (who presumably spend lots of time in the weight room) to attempt the iron cross position and only one even had the strength to pull himself high enough to even attempt the position.

Thats not really surprising that none of the football (I'm assuming you mean American football) players could do it. Most football players aren't the right build/body-type to be able to perform gymnastic moves. Also, there's a difference between weight lifting strength and gymnastics strength. Those football players will be stronger than the gymnast, I once spoke to an ex-football player and he said there were guys in the squad who were bench pressing/deadlifting/squatting in excess of 600lbs on a regular basis. Put that gymnast in the weight room and he'd likely struggle in much the same way the football players struggled to perform in his sport.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By sethysquare

No Caption Provided

lol. he works out in his underwear?

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By graysonofgotham

He fight crime in his underwear at that point in time. I don't think weight lifting in his undies was a big deal to the dude.

Avatar image for manmartianhunter
    ManMartianhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ManMartianhunter

@SoA: aren't u mature

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By SoA

@ManMartianhunter: it made me chuckle , im sorry.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By renamed040924

@sethysquare said:

No Caption Provided

lol. he works out in his underwear?

The artist was certainly generous with that bulge in his pants...

Avatar image for theboywonder1212
    TheBoyWonder1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBoyWonder1212

Alot of gymnastics and probably cardio

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gymnastics and Olympic Lifts (Snatch and Clean and Press, and the assistance lifts). Gymnastics because of his background, and Oly lifts because I think Bruce would want Dick to become strong but keep his weight steady. If you look at the Chinese weightlifting team they're low weight but very strong.

@vernierhawk001: Bodyweight exercises do not transfer well over to weightlifting movements, so the comparison to the FB players is unfair on his part. One of them may have a 400 lb bench and 600 lb squat and he wouldn't be able to touch those number with bw exercises.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to scan these later

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.