Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9431 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Dick Grayson's True Love: Barbara Gordon or Starfire?

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By BaronVonDredd

Let's face it: the first Robin likes a good redhead. And with women like Oracle and the princess of Tamaran, I don't blame him. But who truly really deserves Dick Grayson? A Bird of Prey or a Teen Titan? Both have been engaged to the newest man to don Batman's cowl, but their nuptials have ultimately been ruined. As hot as Princess Koriand'r is, I truly believe Dick belongs with Barbara, because they come from a very similar background. Who do you think? 

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Caligula
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iLLituracy

Crimefighting.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By batmanary

I say Barbara.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By nightwing91
    @TheCrowbar: Raven ruined the wedding and used her empathic powers to force Dick to be attracted to her. 

Starefire is not really in the true love category, dick told her straight up no sugarcoating it that he didn't love her anymore. And the night before Dick and Kory's wedding, he was hooking up with Barbara Gordon. Not exactly the foundation of a healthy, loving relationship.

Babs is his true love, if it wasn't for his injury in Infinite Crisis they would have gotten married.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I like Starfire, though I prefer Babs, but nightwing91 hit the nail on the head;
    @nightwing91 said:

" @TheCrowbar: Raven ruined the wedding and used her empathic powers to force Dick to be attracted to her.   Starefires not really in the true love category, did told her straight up no sugarcoating it that he didn't lover her anymore. And the night before Dick and Kory's wedding, he was hooking up with Barbara Gordon. Not exactly the foundation of a healthy, loving relationship.  Babs is his true love, if it wasn't for his injury in Infinite Crisis they would have gotten married. "
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Of course Cloud
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By Mercy_

Already been done.

It's Barbara.

Valas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valas

while the young boy in me who watched dick and babs flirt in the animated series wants them to be together, it wont happen. the reason for this is that, despite the MANY protests of people on this website, dick grayson is batman.  he is doomed to live the lonely life that is batman. (not to say he wont have flings or a great relationship with damian, he just will never get married)

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Silkcuts

Starfire.  It was the titans where he became his own man and the titans he met his true love.  Babs is great, but being with her keeps him tied to the Bat books and less of his own man.  Dick has earned his place as his own man.  No longer a Robin, no longer even Nightwing.  Starfire.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightwing91
    @Silkcuts: But he was his own man as nightwing, his own city, his own identity, his own rogues gallery, his own life. It's in his series that his relationship finally turned romantic with Barbarra. How was it a true love thing with starfire, he was doing everything he could to try and distance himself from Bruce, Bruce dislikes the superpowered ones and he hooked up with one.  There's a reason there relationship never took the plunge, and unlike with Barbarra in which it was necessary, with them it was Dick's concious decision he knew Starfire wasn't the right woman, it has always and will always be Babs in his eyes. Or at least my opinion anyway, lately all they do is have a random hook up in whatever team book they both happen to be in.
    miki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By miki

its barbara!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

Should be starfire.
    TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne

Barbara

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Martian

Personally, I disagree with either Barbara or Starfire, so I would have to say BATMAN ;)

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing91
    @mr.obvious said:
    " Personally, I disagree with either Barbara or Starfire, so I would have to say BATMAN ;) "
    Ew keep it in fan fiction man :)
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Martian
    @nightwing91:  hey, I'm just kiddin' lol ;)
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silkcuts
    @nightwing91 said:
    " @Silkcuts: But he was his own man as nightwing, his own city, his own identity, his own rogues gallery, his own life. It's in his series that his relationship finally turned romantic with Barbarra. How was it a true love thing with starfire, he was doing everything he could to try and distance himself from Bruce, Bruce dislikes the superpowered ones and he hooked up with one.  There's a reason there relationship never took the plunge, and unlike with Barbarra in which it was necessary, with them it was Dick's concious decision he knew Starfire wasn't the right woman, it has always and will always be Babs in his eyes. Or at least my opinion anyway, lately all they do is have a random hook up in whatever team book they both happen to be in. "
    ^_^ great response.  of Course I value what Marv Wolfman did with him more in the Titans I guess...lol   
    His Nightwing stories are still part of the Bat universe, even if you see it as Dick being his own man.
    It was the titans that were his and no one else.

Starfire is his Juliette.   Literarrly his STARcrossed lover.  This is why Barbs is pushed as the love interest, it is to sell more comics.  If North American comics had infinite endings like Europe Starfire would make the better ending as his love.  It would be the Starcrossed lovers story like Romeo and Juliette. I guess its the Vertigo fan in me who looks for the final stories that see it the way I do. 
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nightwing91
    @Silkcuts:  I can understand about the Romeo and Juliet comparison. But I mean the way it is Dick's true love is Barbara, what they had is in the past. It was never as strong as what's between him and Bab's he's had his heart set on her since day one, when he was Robin, even stealing a kiss. And attempting to steal another during year one, and attempting how much it hurt him that she set him up. And then they fell in love more naturally in his Nightwing book.

With starfire they could never have a normal marriage, he couldn't marry her in all honesty when she's seen with Nightwing anyone could figure out that Nightwing is Dick Grayson, and like Romeo and Juliet it would only end in tragedy. Marrying them would have been good for the team book then, but when the teams gone could you see dick battling the penguin with starfire right behind him, it would ruin the street level feel of the book.

Barbara like I said was who he wanted, but who constantly turned him away. In fact if she hadn't would he have ever even been with starfire? It's pretty safe to say Bab's was Dick's first love. Starfire was more of a love of convenience,it's only natural he'd fall for the tal,beautiful,orange warrior princess, but after the thin with Raven ruining the wedding I believe they realized it was a mistake, which is why they never did it again. But with Bab's if the injury in crisis forced Dick to rebuild his skills, and when the opportunity to rebuild them and his relationship with Bruce and Tim came along Barbara forced him go, like the saying If you love something set it free. Well Bab's did, because she knew him and his family needed it, and he'd never leave if their engagment continued. But even then Dick's thoughts showed she was the woman for him saying he'd come back and leaving the picture for her of them as robin and batgirl.

I know Starfire was A love, but Barbara is THE love.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silkcuts
    @nightwing91:  ^_^
    I like your efforts to sway me.  If I wanted to read Batman when I am in my elder age, I would agree with you to tease the romance of Barbs and Dick.  I guess when I first read Mar's Teen Titans I wanted Starfire for Dick.  It is what I feel is best for Dick as the character, not Nightwing.

You make great points and I won't attack because those who follow the Bat universe feels that Barbs is best.  And the only point I have is, that if Dick stays in the Batunivese he is always going to be in Bruce's shadow no matter how much he tries to break away.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nightwing91
    @Silkcuts: Yeah I can see the perks  of either relationship, Barbara won't really be liked by most fans the same way Star is. And Starfire has a more intense love for Dick because like she said Tamarans mate for life of something along those lines. But that intensity is the problem Dick could never return that level of intensity back.  Which is the reason there relationship fizzled out, it's obvious Starfire can't really move on, but that's unfortunately what's happened with Grayson to his child hood love. Atleast until DC changes it's mind and they rebuild the Starfire and Grayson relationship.

He would be happy with Starfire I know that for a fact, but the interaction that was used between Dick and Bab's was great in the Nightwing solo series. He's just happier when around Babs.

And I respect you for not attacking most people can't have a civil debate without it resorting to attacks.
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silkcuts
    @nightwing91 said:
    " @Silkcuts: Yeah I can see the perks  of either relationship, Barbara won't really be liked by most fans the same way Star is. And Starfire has a more intense love for Dick because like she said Tamarans mate for life of something along those lines. But that intensity is the problem Dick could never return that level of intensity back.  Which is the reason there relationship fizzled out, it's obvious Starfire can't really move on, but that's unfortunately what's happened with Grayson to his child hood love. Atleast until DC changes it's mind and they rebuild the Starfire and Grayson relationship.  He would be happy with Starfire I know that for a fact, but the interaction that was used between Dick and Bab's was great in the Nightwing solo series. He's just happier when around Babs.  And I respect you for not attacking most people can't have a civil debate without it resorting to attacks. "
    ^_^
    Avatar image for guardiandevil801
    guardiandevil801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#22  Edited By guardiandevil801

i say Barbra because she's smart and sexy
    DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DomDom

Babs...since the begining. =) 

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By achilles100

Well Dick does love himself those ET's with the DDs.  First Starfire, then flirting lightly with Power Girl.  But I gotta go with Babs.  Even if I think it will never happen.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SmoothJammin

One should never mix business with pleasure, not to mention she's a jealous #$%^! to Dick. I rule barbara out. Kori is his booty call and when they're together she gets clingy and it bogs him down. I wanna see him hook up with Power Girl quite honestly. They were made for each other and you can tell DC keeps teasing us with the idea.
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By Sinestro2828

I think Starfire is the woman for Dick, they got along great together and I think Dick shouldn't have to end up all alone with all his relationships doomed to failure like Bruce. Just because Dick and Barb have similar backgrounds doesn't mean they are perfect for eachother, and Barbs and Dick as a couple just isn't as interesting as the first boy wonder hooking up with a princess of the stars, succeeding in having a real personal life where Bruce has always fallen short. Plus, didn't Dick leave Barb for Kori? Dick had alot more potential as a Titan or an Outsider.

Anywho, based on what I've heard of current events, Dick's been...Well...A dick to all his past lovers, so I'm not sure if he even deserves to hook up with either of them >_<, unless I heard wrong? 

At any rate, if he does wise up and seeks to hook up with either of them again, I hope its Starfire, cuz her love for him doesn't seem to have died out yet and I'd like to see her happy with the jerk she loves, though if she meets someone else who'll finally treat her right then too bad of for Dick XD

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nightwing91
    @Sinestro2828 said:
    " I think Starfire is the woman for Dick, they got along great together and I think Dick shouldn't have to end up all alone with all his relationships doomed to failure like Bruce. Just because Dick and Barb have similar backgrounds doesn't mean they are perfect for eachother, and Barbs and Dick as a couple just isn't as interesting as the first boy wonder hooking up with a princess of the stars, succeeding in having a real personal life where Bruce has always fallen short. Plus, didn't Dick leave Barb for Kori? Dick had alot more potential as a Titan or an Outsider. Anywho, based on what I've heard of current events, Dick's been...Well...A dick to all his past lovers, so I'm not sure if he even deserves to hook up with either of them >_<, unless I heard wrong?   At any rate, if he does wise up and seeks to hook up with either of them again, I hope its Starfire, cuz her love for him doesn't seem to have died out yet and I'd like to see her happy with the jerk she loves, though if she meets someone else who'll finally treat her right then too bad of for Dick XD "
    A relation with Babs isn't doomed to failure, there in love something that dick and Starfire haven't been in awhile. Dick isn't as needed if he has a relationship, say the joker escapes Arkham, would it not be to easy a tempation to just send his superpowered wife in?

Dick didn't leave Babs for Kori, they didn't have a relationship until he had become Nightwing, in fact Dick had sex with Babs the night before His and Koris wedding. And he's not been mean to his old lovers, he told starfire when she asked for the truth the truth, that he didn't love her anymore. Huntress he's been friendly with, and he's been working closely with babs. And I'm pretty certain starfires said a Tamerans love is forever, I don't believe she will love someone like she did Grayson. But Grayson shouldn't be with her if he doesn't lover her.

Babs is the right girl for Grayson.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @nightwing91 said:
    " @Sinestro2828 said:
    " I think Starfire is the woman for Dick, they got along great together and I think Dick shouldn't have to end up all alone with all his relationships doomed to failure like Bruce. Just because Dick and Barb have similar backgrounds doesn't mean they are perfect for eachother, and Barbs and Dick as a couple just isn't as interesting as the first boy wonder hooking up with a princess of the stars, succeeding in having a real personal life where Bruce has always fallen short. Plus, didn't Dick leave Barb for Kori? Dick had alot more potential as a Titan or an Outsider. Anywho, based on what I've heard of current events, Dick's been...Well...A dick to all his past lovers, so I'm not sure if he even deserves to hook up with either of them >_<, unless I heard wrong?   At any rate, if he does wise up and seeks to hook up with either of them again, I hope its Starfire, cuz her love for him doesn't seem to have died out yet and I'd like to see her happy with the jerk she loves, though if she meets someone else who'll finally treat her right then too bad of for Dick XD "
    A relation with Babs isn't doomed to failure, there in love something that dick and Starfire haven't been in awhile. Dick isn't as needed if he has a relationship, say the joker escapes Arkham, would it not be to easy a tempation to just send his superpowered wife in?  Dick didn't leave Babs for Kori, they didn't have a relationship until he had become Nightwing, in fact Dick had sex with Babs the night before His and Koris wedding. And he's not been mean to his old lovers, he told starfire when she asked for the truth the truth, that he didn't love her anymore. Huntress he's been friendly with, and he's been working closely with babs. And I'm pretty certain starfires said a Tamerans love is forever, I don't believe she will love someone like she did Grayson. But Grayson shouldn't be with her if he doesn't lover her.  Babs is the right girl for Grayson. "
    Dude having sex with an ex the night before marrying another woman is pretty mean.

Starfire and Dick! All the way.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By nightwing91
    @TheCrowbar: Well,  starfire  was pretty petty when Barbara went to talk to Dick about her feelings, Starfire just lied about who iit was. Dicks true love is barbara thats why he had sex with her, not to be mean too starfire
    nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nj06

I would prefer it to be Starfire, but I really don't think he will ever settle down with either of them. He pretty much told Starfire he doesn't love her in the same way that she still loves him. And I have no clue what his relationship is like with Barbara. I don't think writers will have the two of them ever become a couple unless they somehow give her the ability to walk again. 

But poor Starfire. She is much better than Barbara any day of the week! But alas! It's not meant to be as I think she may be developing feelings for Captain Comet in REBELS.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Primmaster64

Damn..Dick is a player

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nightwing91
    @nj06 said:
    " I would prefer it to be Starfire, but I really don't think he will ever settle down with either of them. He pretty much told Starfire he doesn't love her in the same way that she still loves him. And I have no clue what his relationship is like with Barbara. I don't think writers will have the two of them ever become a couple unless they somehow give her the ability to walk again.   But poor Starfire. She is much better than Barbara any day of the week! But alas! It's not meant to be as I think she may be developing feelings for Captain Comet in REBELS. "
    Dick and  Babs didnt have a relationship until after she was paralyzed, amd he still proposed to her, he can have a retlaationship with her.And starfire has said  a tammerans love is eternal, so Im not sure about her having feelings for Captain Comet.
    jukeboxheroabc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jukeboxheroabc

I would have to say Barbara. She can relate to and understand things about Dick that Starfire might not be able to. She understands the Cowl and it's responsibility but also knows that the Cowl doesn't control you. Anyway I would love to see a one-shot wedding comic like they did with Superman. Bat-family+wedding= epic hilarity and awesome story telling, (Damian ring bearer with Sin as Flower girl, Stephanie having to walk with Tim as groomsmen and bridesmaid and Jason interrupting the reception). But honestly I like the Starfire and Dick route but I have to be truthful and say Dick and Babara are totally Made for each other. I know I'm a guy but I see it working, their the Ross and Rachel of the DC Universe.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Starfire but I would have to say Barbara I love her more 

W/ Dick Grayson
    W/ Dick Grayson
    arrowfan237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#35  Edited By arrowfan237

Barbara. Robin and Starfire are only cute in the animated series.
    Jor-el Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Jor-el Zod

screw babs, she had her chance. kory really does care about him.
    Avatar image for princesssolaria
    PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrincessSolaria

Starfire..... It was one of the most enduring romantic relationships Dick without mentioning that the most romantic ( if you do not believe me read the whole series of "The New Teen Titans " by Marv Wolfman and George Perez ) and do not think Dick and Kory relationship is only cute in the series of  "Teen Titans Go!

PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PrincessSolaria
    @Sinestro2828: You are absolutely right friend =D
    RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#39  Edited By RazzaTazz

I say Huntress more closely matches his personality.  

PrincessSolaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrincessSolaria
    @arrowfan237:  I don´t think so.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nightwing91
    @PrincessSolaria said:
    " Starfire..... It was one of the most enduring romantic relationships Dick without mentioning that the most romantic ( if you do not believe me read the whole series of "The New Teen Titans " by Marv Wolfman and George Perez ) and do not think Dick and Kory relationship is only cute in the series of  "Teen Titans Go! "
    Well this I partially agree with it was incredibibly enduring to a extent, but most romantic I don't see, I see it as the most sexual. They were always shown laying in bed or half naked.  I beleive the most romantic is an honor going to Dick and Babs, probably cause of how much more human she was, with dick being the over worrying boyfriend. I just see it  as far more human and a deeper bond.
    BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BecauseISaidSo
    @nightwing91: Dude ok everyone knows that your a huge Babs and Dick fan but seriously back off. I read all of these comments and all you have been doing is telling people that they don't know what they're talking about because the say that they want Starfire and Dick to be together and you keep poking your nose and telling them the same old thing. Let me tell you this, I am a huge Starfire fan and I say why not to the idea of her and Nightwing being together at least they had more issues talking about them being romantically involved and not so much with Babs. Yeah they had history but as the comics go on they keep saying that Starfire and Dick will have a future from either Kingdom Come, Teen Titans, Outsiders, or JLA. Besides since Dick is back and forth with from Gotham or JLA don't you think they would have started something again but no they feel awkward toward each other. Plus Babs gets to jealous easily when Dick went to a Gala with Huntress and she got all tense when Dick and Huntress where done kissing, she shouldn't get mad over Huntress I mean Dick has had sex with tons of girls so what does that mean that she's going to start a fight club or throw her wheel chair every time a girl glances at him. But then again this is all up to the person who is going to decided it for once and for all who is with who. Plus what happened with Titans was such a horrible mistake, I mean Raven now has other brothers that represent the 7 deadliest sins along with herself and when she meets her father she has dreadlocks??? WTF!!! And the story didn't even had a main writing group I mean all it was was a person at a time writing one comic at a time so it really wasn't original. In conclusion to this long *** paragraph I want to say I would like for Starfire and Dick to be together but until Dick grows up and actually makes up his mind he can't really have a love interest.
    nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nightwing91
    @BecauseISaidSo: Im not a huge dick and babs fan, I'm almost equally as huge as a  big fan of dick and kori's relationship, I've never said anybody was wrong I was making an arguement as some of  their posts have been wrong information.As i said both are his loves, but  Dick and babs werre a childhood thing, even when dating starfire he almost gave in and kissesd babs, and then he had sex before the day of their wedding with babs. And for star and dick, like them too, but Dick was a teenager, his love can't be as deep as a Tamarans at that age. Kingdom come is a alternate earth, and Titans  of tommorow onlyy hinted at it briefly, and that future changed after infinite crisis. Now you bring up babs being jealous with Helena, but keep in mind Nightwing and Huntress had previously had a one night stand, and she frequently  flirted with Nightwing, especially during no man's land.

Now attacking Babs for being jealouus isnt exactly deep, Starfire was quite petty when Babs showed  at Graysons place, evven lieing to Dick saying they had the wrong house, not admitting it was Babs. And your refrencing Dick as having sex with tons of girls isnt't exactly accurate, he had sex with starfire,babs,helena, and was raped by Tarantuala.  So 4 confirmed not a ton. I just think Babs would work on a better level, for Dick and the Batfamily at large.You can disagree, and i respect that, as I respect everyones oppinions.
    BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BecauseISaidSo
    @nightwing91: See there you go again, you're telling me that I'm wrong about what I think is right by the whole Dick and Babs thing. And Dick also had sex with MIRAGE!!! The whole wedding with Dick and Starfire got started when Mirage was in the form of Starfire and had sex with Dick and when that happened Dick proposes. I have no idea where you got the whole Babs and Dick had sex thing because I don't recall them doing it. I'm tired of having this conversation where a person who's going to prove me wrong and that they would want Dick and Babs to be with each other just because of the "Bat Family" and that they had history as kids. Also there was never a story of Babs and Dick's future together in the next 10 or whatever years, not even alternate universe with them being together. At this point I'm not even caring about it anymore because no matter what people will believe who Dick should be with just like how I wish Bruce was with Selina instead of Talia. So Nightwing91, I will not have this discussion with you anymore since you don't know when to let it be and move on or who can get there facts straight. I'm done, Because I Said So.
    No Caption Provided

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nightwing91
    @BecauseISaidSo: Remember your the one who bumped a month old thread, repplying specifically to me. Im not saying your wrong, Im pointing out  the flaws in your argumeent, not sayying your wrong just supllementing points you have made and addding to them, not specifally dismissing your entire arguement, I diddnt do it to anyone beforem who with 3 or 4 we have friendly pms discussing this very thread. Dick having sex with Mirage involved  her not being in her form, does that count?And Dick and Babs did have sex, specifically when he went to deliever his and starfires wedding invatation, in a flashback during a issue of nightwings solo series.

And I don't want Dick with babs either, I prefer him alone for no, and remember your the one who messaged me on a thread thats a month old, to infer a opinion that you assume I have, based on posts made.And my facts are nothing but straight, personal attacks of my knowledge just shows you don't know quite as much about Dick as you say you do.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mercy_

This is what I said elsewhere.

I look at it like this. He and Babs have known each other practically forever. From a very young age they were in and out of each other's pockets. They developed a close friendship, a close working relationship and a love. In my eyes, they're each other's perfect match and soul mates. However, everybody needs to leave the nest and branch out sooner or later and see other people. You can't be with just one person your whole life, you'll never know if it's true and will always be left to wonder "what if I had checked out other options, would I have found somebody better?". So to me, Starfire is him sowing his wild oats, checking out his other options and getting things out of his system and Babs is the one who he'll end up with in the end.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Babs.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @The Dark Huntress said:

This is what I said elsewhere.

I look at it like this. He and Babs have known each other practically forever. From a very young age they were in and out of each other's pockets. They developed a close friendship, a close working relationship and a love. In my eyes, they're each other's perfect match and soul mates. However, everybody needs to leave the nest and branch out sooner or later and see other people. You can't be with just one person your whole life, you'll never know if it's true and will always be left to wonder "what if I had checked out other options, would I have found somebody better?". So to me, Starfire is him sowing his wild oats, checking out his other options and getting things out of his system and Babs is the one who he'll end up with in the end.

Disagreed,i'm not much of an expert on either Babs or Kory but Dick/Babs always felt like a retcon relationship.I don't recall any meaningful romance during their teen days from the orignal comics.It's mostly the writers slipping in flashback scenes.Starfire has a stronger case for her cause of her development at the hands of Wolfman/Perez,that's what made Dick the true badass he is. 
    I don't recall him ever coming close to marrying Gordon,and their failure engagement came from Devin Graysons horrible Renegade arc. 
    In my personal opinion he's got a higher chance of ending up with Kory than he has of ending up with Babs.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By cascadeking09

I think some people just don't like Starfire's attitude and the way she dresses and all that, because I hear it brought up way too much. I actually like Dick better with Starfire.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_
    @cascadeking09
    I think some people just don't like Starfire's attitude and the way she dresses and all that, because I hear it brought up way too much. I actually like Dick better with Starfire.
    It's that and it's also the fact that Babs/Dick shippers (like myself) will take any opportunity to hate on her. I know I do.

That being said, I don't think Kori is a great character and I don't think shes a great match for Dick, either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.