Batgirl or Starfire?

• 104 results
Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok if you liked my topic Gambit or Magneto then you might like this topic. Who is better for Dick Grayson Batgirl (Barbara Gordan) or Starfire (Koriand'r) ? and why?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18127 posts) - - Show Bio

somehow i have the feeling this has been done  but i like Barb better
#3 Posted by doomsilver (652 posts) - - Show Bio

batgirl
#4 Posted by SUPERD96 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Batgirl is just destiny.
#5 Posted by entropy_aegis (20921 posts) - - Show Bio
Starfire,just to annoy the Gordon lovers.
#6 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbra. Starfire was lust not love.

Avatar image for batflasharrow96
#7 Posted by batflasharrow96 (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara, although I like him with Starfire, it's just that Barbara seems perfect. I find it weird with the whole human-tamaranean thing

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic has been done before.

My Choice: Starfire
#9 Posted by jayskee (4955 posts) - - Show Bio

starfire
Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
#10 Posted by deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire.  I like Barbara, but I honestly think she's too good for Dick

Avatar image for deranged_midget
#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara.

#12 Posted by laussica (79 posts) - - Show Bio

babs all the way

#13 Posted by comicdude23 (11901 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs.

#14 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs.

#15 Posted by Feliciano2040 (665 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire, more interesting.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara without a single doubt.

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (94928 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/dick-grayson/29-1691/dick-graysons-true-love-barbara-gordon-or-starfire/92-595374/

#18 Posted by Technoman (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire.

#19 Posted by MessiahTelos (22 posts) - - Show Bio

starfire

#20 Posted by ESkip22 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say Starfire. I used to be into the Dick/Babs thing, but then the Teen Titans TV series came out and I became instantly hooked onto the Rob/Star ship. ;-) After researching what's been going on with the comic version of the two characters and discovering their daughter in Kingdom Come, I was even more convinced (even though it's kind of old and a non-canon).

But the more I look into this Star vs. Babs topic, the more I see that a majority of the fan-base keeps leaning toward Babs. (Sigh) I wouldn't mind that so much, if Starfire wasn't still in love with Grayson. It almost breaks my heart to see that she still can't let him go-- not completely, anyways. Sleeping around in New 52 didn't help much, either. Again, I wouldn't mind that so much if she was over Grayson.

So at this point, I don't care who Dick ends up with. I just want Starfire to be happy and free from any heartbreak... Actually, if she and Grayson don't get back together, I think it'd be nice to see her reject him like he did her and say something along the lines of: "I'm over you, man. You had your chance. You lost it. But, like me, you'll learn to heal. Now, go back to Babs, you idiot!" Lol. ;-)

#21 Posted by Dubvoight (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire and Grayson are meant for each other

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#22 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Both, the more I think about it, the more I think a threesome would be the best option for all parties involved.

#23 Posted by evilkryptonian (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes three way relationship is the way to go.

#24 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire !

No Caption Provided

#25 Posted by SmoothJammin (2661 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^^ That wasn't awkward opening up in front of my coworkers lol

#27 Posted by BlackStar75 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire <3

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
#28 Posted by youknowwhattodo (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with the alternate accounts?

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#29 Posted by phoenixdiamond616 (1825 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara

#30 Edited by Dubvoight (15 posts) - - Show Bio

All depends on who is writing them and seeing how everything is canon now, apparently its both.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
#31 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

Re-read some issues of Convergence and came across some stuff that I remember I really enjoyed from it. One big thing of course was that with all the universes popping around we got to see Dick and Barbara be together, as well as Dick and Kori be together. So for me personally, it was the best of both worlds. I honeslty thought that Nightwing/Oracle #1 did a good job of showing why both relationships work so well.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

When written at their best, both Barbara and Kori are characters that can understand, relate to, and appreciate Dick (LOL) in their own ways, and yet the vast differences that the two women have between them in turn makes for unique relationships and character interactions. Kind of like Bruce's relationships with Talia and Selina when written properly.

#32 Posted by oompers (99 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Who's it gonna be?

#33 Posted by The_Kidd (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

Kori but is this the first time we see them interact in N52?

#34 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd said:

Kori but is this the first time we see them interact in N52?

Yeah, this is going to be the first time. Here's hoping that they actually do.

#35 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7212 posts) - - Show Bio

The debate of the century

I like both romances, but I grew up with the TAS and The Batman cartoons with the flirts and tensions between him and Babs.

But then again they've already had him romance with Barbara on Earth 2 shame that went though.

I say keep Earth-0 Grayson single or explore the Bertinelli thing that seems to be happening.

I agree with Starfire just being lust though more then romance.

#36 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (3554 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Folly (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally Starfire is my favorite, I watched Teen Titans as a child and one of my first trades was NTT. Barbara never interested me much. It's good to see him in Starfire even though I don't like that book, I really wanted them to interact. I hope the Issue works with the few hints we already got concerning their relationship in prior years.

#39 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio

If they have a Dick Grayson on two different earths why can't he be with one on one world and the other on the second?

#40 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

If they have a Dick Grayson on two different earths why can't he be with one on one world and the other on the second?

Well he was already married to Barbara on Earth 2 and they had a son, before she died.

#41 Posted by just_sayin (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire. Babs seems sweet but boring in comparison.

#42 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs is probably my favorite Batfam member. But this is still a tough question.

#43 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (3554 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Noitus (3 posts) - - Show Bio

In general : bat-fans are for Batgirl, TT fans for Starfire. The batman animated really made Babes-Dick popular, maybe the TT one did the same for the next generation ?

I'm a TT fan so i'm for Starfire anyway. However, i feel like there is almost two Dicks : the TT one who needs a family and is a leader, and the batman one who is more...Batman ? Well, each one has a girl ^^

As for the "Starfire is lust" comments, maybe you did not read the New Teen Titans ? She's a huge part of nightwing (he's nightwing because of her !) and his most durable relationship, at least you should respect that. (Plus, he was not a huge slut bach then).

#45 Edited by OrangeBat (983 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I vote neither?

#46 Posted by rfilipek (22 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by ganon15 (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

@noitus said:

In general : bat-fans are for Batgirl, TT fans for Starfire. The batman animated really made Babes-Dick popular, the TT one did the same for the next generation

#48 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

From the latest Batgirl

No Caption Provided

I like this for two reasons, Dick admitting his feelings to Barbara and Barbara in turn calling Dick out for his actions, justified though they may be. What I don't like and probably never will is this relationship with Luke Fox that Barbara has going on. Seems extremely forced.

#49 Posted by kiba (3743 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiba said:

@nathaniel_christopher: ugh why can't these two get their act together?!

Well, DC doesn't want them together or for Dick to be with anyone it seems lol I mean they were engaged at one point right as Infinite Crisis was ramping up, and then after the timeskip they suddenly weren't and we never got any explanation as to why. From then up through Flashpoint I don't remember there being any major interactions between the two in regards to their relationship (Or even in general)

It's just even stranger now with both of them being in the same city again on a regular basis and being capable of actually, physically, fighting side by side just like back in the good old days, AND both admitting time and again how much they care about one another.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.