“BATMAN: RIDDLES IN THE DARK.” Batman comes across the Riddler’s latest scheme when the master of puzzles escapes from prison and gives Batman a truly complex riddle. Stumped, Batman’s frustration overcomes him until Alfred provides the answer to the unsolved riddle.
- "Riddles in the Dark" (Batman) written by Cary Burkett, penciled by Don Newton, inked by Dan Adkins, lettered by John Costanza and colored by Adrienne Roy.
- "The Face of Humanity!" "Tales of Gotham City" (Red Tornado) written by J. M. Dematteis, penciled by Jose Delbo, inked by Joe Giella, lettered by John Costanza and colored by Gene D'Angelo.
- "The Man in Black Wears Green!" "Robin the Teen Wonder" (Robin) written by Jack C. Harris, penciled by Charles Nicholas, inked by Vince Colletta, lettered by Milt Snapinn and colored by Gene D'Angelo.
- "The 18-Wheel War Contract!" (Human Target) written by Len Wein, penciled by Dick Giordano, inked by Steve Mitchell, lettered by Ben Oda and colored by Glynis Wein.
- "Flames of Fear!" (Batgirl) written by Cary Burkett, penciled by Jose Delbo, inked by Joe Giella, lettered by Todd Klein and colored by Adrienne Roy.
- 64 pages with ads.
- This issue contains the Hostess Superhero Ad, Green Lantern in "The Bobsled Run".
- Letter to the editor from Kevin J. Dooley of Los Angeles, California.
- Vigilante cameo headshot appearance.
- Comorant cameo flashback appearance.
- On page 25 panel 3 K.O. Levitz vs Tiger Jack is a homage to Paul Levitz.
- On page 59 panel 5 Levitz White Wine is a homage to Paul Levitz.
- The Prince of Puzzles is on the loose again, and Batman must solve "Riddles in the Dark"
- When Red Tornado visits Gotham City, he will see "The Face of Humanity!"
- Robin has found his footsteps dogged by a mysterious figure, but he will learn that "The Man in Black Wears Green!"
- The Human Target will have to keep on truckin' when he takes on "The 18-Wheel War Contract!"
- Batgirl will have to deal with the unintentional consequences of her career when she fights "Flames of Fear!"