“VENGEANCE TRAIL.” One morning in Gotham City, Alfred Pennyworth awakens Bruce Wayne after reading terrible news in the newspaper: Batgirl has been killed. He hurries to call Commissioner Gordon to talk about the tragedy, only to find Gordon seeming rather calm. Batman notices Gordon’s odd behavior and deduces that there is more going on than meets the eye.
- "Vengeance Trail" (Batman) written by Cary Burkett, penciled by Don Newton, inked by Dan Adkins, lettered by John Costanza and colored by Adrienne Roy.
- "Chapter Two... At War With General Scarr" (Batgirl) written by Cary Burkett, penciled by Don Newton, inked by Bob Smith, lettered by John Costanza and colored by Adrienne Roy.
- "Fifty Million Tons of Soul!" "Tales of Gotham City" written by Bob Haney, penciled by Bob Oskner, inked by Bob Smith, lettered by John Costanza and colored by Unknown.
- "We Are Experiencing a Slight Delay..." (Man-Bat) written by Bob Rozakis, penciled by Romeo Tanghal, inked by Vince Colletta, lettered by Ben Oda and colored by Gene D'Angelo.
- "The First Bird" "Robin the Teen Wonder" (Robin) written by Jack C. Harris, penciled by Charles Nicholas, inked by Vince Colletta, lettered by Milt Snapinn and colored by Gene D'Angelo.
- 64 pages with ads.
- This issue contains the Hostess Superhero Ad, the Flash in "A Flash in the Dam".
- Batman must find out who ordered Batgirl's death, but it's a lonely road when a man goes on a "Vengeance Trail"
- Batgirl may still be alive, but that situation could change when she decides to be "At War With General Scarr". This story was used in the post-Crisis Batgirl Special #1.
- A bridge-painter in Gotham reflects on his life so far, and on "Fifty Million Tons of Soul!"
- Man-Bat returns to 'Tec Comics, but he will feel a chill through his spine when he hears the words "We Are Experiencing a Slight Delay..."
- Robin faces an old enemy to discover who is "The First Bird"