Follow

Despero

Character » Despero appears in 271 issues.

One of the Justice League's oldest foes, Despero was transformed by the Flame of Pytar into a galactic tyrant whose psychic might is matched only by his prowess as a physical juggernaut.

Which version of Despero do you like best?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Despero has changed considerably over the years since his first appearance in DC Comics, going from being a clever alien hypnotist to a team breaking mystic powerhouse. Which incarnation of Despero do you guys prefer? The crafty psychic or the musclebound bruiser? Or perhaps a combination of the two?

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

His psychic power makes him unique- but I think his physical prowess is necessary for diverse stories. He can't always be mind****ing the JL, there needs to be some variety.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Sinestro2828

@nightwing4 said:

His psychic power makes him unique- but I think his physical prowess is necessary for diverse stories. He can't always be mind****ing the JL, there needs to be some variety.

True, but do you think he should always be team breaker level powerful or should he be powered down somewhat? The Justice League animated version of him had a great rivalry with John Stewart despite not possessing super strength & invulnerability. Don't get me wrong, I like brawler Despero too, but sometimes I wonder if he'd appear more often, partake in more super villain team ups, or get more character development if he wasn't so overwhelmingly powerful, i.e. can beat ups Supes, Wondie, Captain Marvel (not calling him Shazam lol), & Martian Manhunter at the same time lol.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.