Follow

Decimation

Story arc »

The Decimation spans several series' and story-lines, chronicling the aftermath of the House of M and the lives affected.

Which universe?

kaliforniaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By kaliforniaa

Is Decimation a universe, or are earth-616; earth-1610; earth-982 the universes in which Decimation and other events happen in?

Also, is Decimation a universe, or is a storyline/story arc?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

Though I believe the Decimation effect did transfer to some other universes. I seem to remember when Beast was trying to reverse the effects of M-Day he examined some alternate realities and found that their mutants had been depowered by the Scarlet Witch as well.....its possible I'm wrong though, I don't remember that well.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daycrawler

@PrinceIMC said:

Though I believe the Decimation effect did transfer to some other universes. I seem to remember when Beast was trying to reverse the effects of M-Day he examined some alternate realities and found that their mutants had been depowered by the Scarlet Witch as well.....its possible I'm wrong though, I don't remember that well.

Think you are indeed correct. I seem to remember a conversation between Madrox and Forge during the Messiah Complex where Forge states that all apart from two alternate timelines suffered the affects of decimation. Two had become active again since Hope was born.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Daycrawler said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Think you are indeed correct. I seem to remember a conversation between Madrox and Forge during the Messiah Complex where Forge states that all apart from two alternate timelines suffered the affects of decimation. Two had become active again since Hope was born.

Yep, that was revealed during Beast's travels in Endangered Species.

However, the whole "only 2 alternate possible futures remaining" was conveniently forgotten in order for other writers to play with the Age of Apocalypse & introduce X-Man via a rather tediously bad story involving the Sugar Man.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Daycrawler

@xerox_kitty said:

@Daycrawler said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Yep, that was revealed during Beast's travels in Endangered Species.

However, the whole "only 2 alternate possible futures remaining" was conveniently forgotten in order for other writers to play with the Age of Apocalypse & introduce X-Man via a rather tediously bad story involving the Sugar Man.

Ah yes, I remember quite liking Endangered Species. Last time I remember Beast not being tool!

I thought X-Man had been in the 616 timeline a while before M-Day? Remember him in Dark Reign / Dark Avengers. Didn't he recombine himself or something? Hadn't thought about the whole AOA thing though! Ah, Marvel and continuity - only when it suits them.

Agypt2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Agypt2020

I am so weary of both Marvel and DC, no longer collect the comics fell in swoon over the years; two or three events made my back arch and let out a hissing. The first one is the House of M, when I came into the story and said it could happen, but I would had made it like unto a What If? storyline not a reality warping one. Scarlet Witch decimating all Mutant kind as she be the Almighty Himself! Really offended me! And then Marvel left the ones near and dear to me dead! Also no imbecile writers came up with another means to undo what Scarlet Witch had done to bring back the Mutants, just left up to Natural Selection? The next event is what launched the New 52, enough said there are already problems. Lastly, Avengers vs X-Men I dislike heroes pitted against each other all the world to see and lose faith, trust, honor, make lowest of lows! Misunderstandings one thing, this could of been done with diplomacy but no epic battle that destroyed all matter what hero beliefs once had.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.