Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1343 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

What voice do you read Slade with?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I actually find that Kiefer Sutherland's voice is very fitting for Slade. Sutherland is an actor known for playing Jack Bauer in 24, and Punished Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. He's got that older 'vet' type voice, the type that just speaks of experience, and by effect, speaks of genuine wisdom.

I like Ron Pearlman's performance in Teen Titans, but his voice doesn't really fit Slade's face if you ask me. That's the general problem with a lot of Deathstroke voices; they cast with the mask in mind, but when the mask comes off and you see Slade, it suddenly doesn't fit. They all seem too young for an old guy like Slade. But Sutherland is grizzled.

Sometimes though, when he is in costume, I can't help but slip into Ron Pearlman. That performance is just too iconic.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually find that Kiefer Sutherland's voice is very fitting for Slade. Sutherland is an actor known for playing Jack Bauer in 24, and Punished Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. He's got that older 'vet' type voice, the type that just speaks of experience, and by effect, speaks of genuine wisdom.

I like Ron Pearlman's performance in Teen Titans, but his voice doesn't really fit Slade's face if you ask me. That's the general problem with a lot of Deathstroke voices; they cast with the mask in mind, but when the mask comes off and you see Slade, it suddenly doesn't fit. They all seem too young for an old guy like Slade. But Sutherland is grizzled.

Sometimes though, when he is in costume, I can't help but slip into Ron Pearlman. That performance is just too iconic.

I think it works now, considering Slade's ongoing, to use Pearlman's voice. With that said, it's a timeless voice as well. Fitting for an older or young man (who happens to have a deep voice).

Lelanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Mark Rolston. Yeah, definitely him. I loved his perfomance in Arkham games as Deathstroke. It also both works, the voice and Slade's face. :)

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I imagine the guy from Arkham Origins

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ron Perlman

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePreface

Doug Cockle, the guy who voices Geralt of Rivia.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Scott Glenn

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

perlman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.