Follow

Death of the Endless

Character » Death of the Endless appears in 223 issues.

One of the seven Endless, inconceivably powerful beings, Death is both lord and personification of all death and life. She is well known for being the opposite of what most people think death is like; rather than being an ominous figure, she is a friend to all under her auspice.

Who's Your Favorite Endless Sibling?

lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lioneta

I think the obvious, popular answer would probably be Death and for obvious reasons.
    I love Death and was even thinking about being her at my first comic con but white body paint?
    Talk about a break out!

I tie Death with Delirium.
    Delusion is just cute as cake and her little colorful bubbles are a nice break to read out of.

and you?

edit: fix'd delirium mishap. Thanks Korg.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

It's Delirium (formerly Delight), not Delusion. My favorite would have to be Death. She just has a very good handle on her place in the universe, and makes things easier for people than any of the others. Destruction is a close second.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Aronmorales

Death: cute in appearance, sweet in release...unless yer goin to hell...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

Dream Please

lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lioneta
    @Korg said:
    " It's Delirium (formerly Delight), not Delusion. My favorite would have to be Death. She just has a very good handle on her place in the universe, and makes things easier for people than any of the others. Destruction is a close second. "
    I havent finished Sandman and am at the final chapter of Brief Lives so no spoilers!
    buuuuuuuut

If that's all of destruction, he is jolly but I'm not too interested. He abandoned the family, man.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Korg

I feel like it's a cop-out to pick Morpheus, since we know so much about him compared to the other Endless.

@lioneta said:
    " I havent finished Sandman and am at the final chapter of Brief Lives so no spoilers!
    buuuuuuuut

If that's all of destruction, he is jolly but I'm not too interested. He abandoned the family, man. "
    I'll just say "keep reading", because that's really the best course of action when The Sandman is involved. I won't mention anything else, I realized that even mentioning Destruction could kind of spoil some things for some people, but this thread is about the Endless, so whatever.
    lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lioneta
    @Korg said:
    " I feel like it's a cop-out to pick Morpheus, since we know so much about him compared to the other Endless.

@lioneta said:
    " I havent finished Sandman and am at the final chapter of Brief Lives so no spoilers!
    buuuuuuuut

If that's all of destruction, he is jolly but I'm not too interested. He abandoned the family, man. "
    I'll just say "keep reading", because that's really the best course of action when The Sandman is involved. I won't mention anything else, I realized that even mentioning Destruction could kind of spoil some things for some people, but this thread is about the Endless, so whatever.
    "
    OK, one question.
    Dream's son, I feel like I am missing the story. Like, I forgot about something in the previous issues.
    Have they not explained anything about his mother/dream's ex lover or is that still to come.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Darkchild

what are you confused with Nathanial?

BTW my fav is Delirium

lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lioneta
    @Darkchild said:
    " what are you confused with Nathanial?BTW my fav is Delirium "
    I'm at the last issue of Brief Lives where dream kills him.
    I don't remember his mother in any of the previous issues, in fact, I'm a little confused about his entire situation all together.

Again, I am only at Brief Lives so I don't want anything spoiled for me but if there is something I have missed prior to this then let me know!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Darkchild

His mother is Fury from the DC verse (cant remember her first name but  her last name is Hall i believe). And if i explain anything mroe ill spoil it, just keep reading and it will all pan out. Your so close to the end and what a beautiful end it is.

Also getting the spin off series is good too, alot of them kinda give u tid bits to some of the loop holes an characters in the main story.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Korg
    @lioneta said:
    " I'm at the last issue of Brief Lives where dream kills him.I don't remember his mother in any of the previous issues, in fact, I'm a little confused about his entire situation all together.Again, I am only at Brief Lives so I don't want anything spoiled for me but if there is something I have missed prior to this then let me know! "
    Did you read Fables and Reflections as a trade? There is an issue devoted to Orpheus in it. That's the only thing I can think of that you might have missed.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darkchild
    @Korg said:
    " @lioneta said:
    " I'm at the last issue of Brief Lives where dream kills him.I don't remember his mother in any of the previous issues, in fact, I'm a little confused about his entire situation all together.Again, I am only at Brief Lives so I don't want anything spoiled for me but if there is something I have missed prior to this then let me know! "
    Did you read Fables and Reflections as a trade? There is an issue devoted to Orpheus in it. That's the only thing I can think of that you might have missed.
    "
    Wait i read that wrong entirely!

LMAO sorry

Orpheus, never mind what i said Lioneta. Just follow Korg
    lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lioneta
    @Korg said:
    " @lioneta said:
    "
    I'm not sure!
    I'm looking at my sandman volumes on my computer and I don't see it at all.
    But there are only close to 80 issues right?
    There's no way I'm missing it(i hope!)
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korg
    lioneta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lioneta
    @Korg said:
    " If you've been reading them as issues, this is the one you are missing (it was a special, so it's not under the regular title): http://www.comicvine.com/the-sandman-special/49-24155/ "
    Hmm. I have that but for some reason it's misplaced as issue #79.
    I suppose I'll read that now.
    I feel gipped ;{
    Death-Michael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Death-Michael

I like both Dream and Death

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Death, Dream, and Delirium...and Barnabas!

Aspirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Aspirus

Death is my fav. :)
    First

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By First

I would say Destruction, but the fact that he wont even talk to his family pisses me off. So i'll go with Death, and then Delirium
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ah see, the beauty I find with these characters, is most days, my mind changes, with which one of them I like most. I think thats a testament to how well created and written they were.  

Most days though its Death. Its probably easier for me to do the reverse, As in character I... no actually thats not easier. I tend to notice other places where Desire and Despair get no appreciation, but I love both those characters too! Desire seems most flawed to me, which is interesting. I find Despair really endearing. I would most want to spend a day/dinner and discussion with Death, would shout Destruction a Beer and would want to read a novel written by Dream. 

gunjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gunjin

destiny or desire

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By homeslice

Death Of The Endless

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By Comicjew

Death....
    lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Destruction. I wish that he would have been the main character instead of Dream :(
    BB

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.