Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Would Deadpool make a good Captain America stand-in?

• 89 results
    Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I think weapon X makes the most sense. It gives quite a few possible stories.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By DEADPOOL

bump

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Darkchild

Weapon X definatly they could go anywhere adn i hope if they would use them they would use some of the more not seen members like Maverick or Silver Fox

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I like this thread.

Basically, you can't hold Deadpool's affiliation with Canada against him. After all, isn't U.S.Agent in Canada right now? And he's kinda Cap.

BUT, I HATE the way that Deadpool is being written right now. He was much more badass in his own series. WHY did they have to change him, and make him more of a goofball? Don't get me wrong, the old Deadpool was pretty goofy too, but in a way that he could still be serious. I liked the EARLY EARLY stuff, like Circle Chase, when he was just this awesome anti-hero type, and I don't think they should have changed him into what he is now. As to what was said about Cable "molding" Deadpool into a proper hero, I REALLY REALLY hope that they don't end that series like that. That would probably put me off comics forever.

But yeah, it would be cool, for an issue or two. But he couldn't stay Cap. He would probably resign. But it WOULD be cool to see him as a key player in Tony Stark's SHIELD. Like as a crazy assassin type. Like he was back in the old days. yeahhh.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Gottheit

I don't want to see Deadpool as Cap(Man-Thing as Cap)...but, maybe, have Deadpool be a part of a Captain America tribute team? Like, their team logo would be Cap's shield, and all of their costumes would be altered just ever-so-slightly so that it's some kind of patriotic theme...that would be awesome...

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lantern Prime

Cap is gone! the Falcon is the best replacement!

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Gottheit

We know Cap is gone. You should be the replacement for Charles Manson...in f*cking prison. In the immortal words of GambitO, jajajajajjjaajajaja!

Mr. Skull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Mr. Skull

SoundWave07 says:

"Cap is gone! the Falcon is the best replacement!"

i hadn't thought of that before, but that's perfect!

Wireman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Wireman

He was only pro registration to get the button

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Gottheit

Again...Tribute team.

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By batpool

The Falcon was Cap for an issue in Sentinel of Liberty.

I think Deadpool would make a good stand in....better than Bucky at least.

Then again, I think it would piss people off more than anything....
    Post Edited:2008-03-15 00:41:10

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Deadpool is no where near a good stand in for Cap.Maybe he could have been a good sidekick but not at all Captain American himself.Bucky is Cap now and evern though I liked him better as Winter Soldier,he is the best guy for the job right now.

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By batpool

I completely disagree. If Steve Rogers can't be Cap, Then nobody should be able to take on the mantle. He is f*uc$ing Captain America for gods sake! You can't just be Cap.
    I don't care how well the characters knew each other. I don't care if they were in Cub Scouts together and they used to catch fireflies in mason jars in the Spring of '39.
    I look at it this way, Nobody could replace Cap. Ever. Cap is Cap, and no one else can be Cap. However, Deadpool as a stand in could work. As long as he doesn't take on the name "Captain America", its fine. If he called himself "America's Crimson Avenger" or "Sgt. U.S.A." I would be totally cool with it. But, anybody being Cap except Steve Rogers is wrong and a blatant disgrace to comics.
    The Falcon was cool as Cap for 1 issue. Then it was done. That was it.
    U.S.Agent was cool for a little while too, but he really didn't deserve the name.
    I think I'm done. I'm sorry if i upset anyone.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

batpool says:

"I completely disagree. If Steve Rogers can't be Cap, Then nobody should be able to take on the mantle. He is f*uc$ing Captain America for gods sake! You can't just be Cap.
    I don't care how well the characters knew each other. I don't care if they were in Cub Scouts together and they used to catch fireflies in mason jars in the Spring of '39.
    I look at it this way, Nobody could replace Cap. Ever. Cap is Cap, and no one else can be Cap. However, Deadpool as a stand in could work. As long as he doesn't take on the name "Captain America", its fine. If he called himself "America's Crimson Avenger" or "Sgt. U.S.A." I would be totally cool with it. But, anybody being Cap except Steve Rogers is wrong and a blatant disgrace to comics.
    The Falcon was cool as Cap for 1 issue. Then it was done. That was it.
    U.S.Agent was cool for a little while too, but he really didn't deserve the name.
    I think I'm done. I'm sorry if i upset anyone."

You don't get it do you? You don't get the message Marvel is trying to get across by having a new Cap and so many different Captain America's before that.The idea is Captain America will never die.Almost like Captain America is an entity that needs a host to survive and as long as there is crime in America there will always be a Cap even if there is no Steve Rogers or who ever else has worn the costume.If you actually read Captain America after his death you would know...Bucky doesn't even want to be Captain America,he feels that he has too because Captain America is needed not Winter Soldier.Deadpool as a stand in would never work,your clearly being a fanboy.Deadpool doesn't represent America as much as Bucky or the Punisher,he's a mercenary for godsakes.Punisher gave up being him for that same reason...it would never work.The Punisher kills people and Cap does not.So basically Cap returning is selling comics just as much as him dying,and this was done for a reason.

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MotorSteel

In my opinion, I don't really see Deadpool being the heroic or patriotic type.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

You said that Deadpool as a stand in could work.How would that possibly work...if he used a different name.My point was how would that work anymore than Bucky being him is working now?

I don't get the difference here.Whether is Steve or Bucky...they are both doing the same sh!t.If Cap hadn't died he be doing the exact same thing right now.Cap 75 let his ass die.I think all superheroes are going to have to die or give it up one day they're getting old.

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By batpool

Post Deleted.

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By batpool

How am I a fanboy for saying that I don't think Deadpool should be the "Captain America"? Wouldn't that make me less of a fanboy because I was disagreeing with Deadpool doing something amazing?

Anyway, you can fall into the new Cap series if you want, but I have read a few issues and I hate it. I don't care what anyone says. Steve Rogers is Cap, and will always be Cap.
    Steve Rogers has been Captain America for roughly 6 decades. My grandpa used to get Captain America comics when he was in Germany fighting Nazi's. Steve Rogers can never be replaced.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Resonate

Vance Astro says:

"You said that Deadpool as a stand in could work.How would that possibly work...if he used a different name.My point was how would that work anymore than Bucky being him is working now? I don't get the difference here.Whether is Steve or Bucky...they are both doing the same sh!t.If Cap hadn't died he be doing the exact same thing right now.Cap 75 let his ass die.I think all superheroes are going to have to die or give it up one day they're getting old."

hey sweet

it's 3333

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Resonate says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "You said that Deadpool as a stand in could work.How would that possibly work...if he used a different name.My point was how would that work anymore than Bucky being him is working now? I don't get the difference here.Whether is Steve or Bucky...they are both doing the same sh!t.If Cap hadn't died he be doing the exact same thing right now.Cap 75 let his ass die.I think all superheroes are going to have to die or give it up one day they're getting old."
    hey sweet it's 3333"

huh?

Jet jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jet jaguar

what about that guy from the young avengers,wasn't his name patriot

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Resonate

Vance Astro says:

"hey sweet it's 3333"
    huh?"

you had 3333 posts

it looked cool

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Jet jaguar says:

"what about that guy from the young avengers,wasn't his name patriot"

Patriot is the son of Josiah X and the grandson of Isaiah Bradley the black Captain America.Patriot wouldn't be a smart stand in for Cap because he's too young an in experienced.

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#74  Edited By methias

Vance Astro says:

"Jet jaguar says:
    Patriot is the son of Josiah X and the grandson of Isaiah Bradley the black Captain America.Patriot wouldn't be a smart stand in for Cap because he's too young an in experienced."

And you wouldn't want the stand in to be someone who is already basically a wannabe Cap.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methias says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Jet jaguar says:
    Patriot is the son of Josiah X and the grandson of Isaiah Bradley the black Captain America.Patriot wouldn't be a smart stand in for Cap because he's too young an in experienced."
    And you wouldn't want the stand in to be someone who is already basically a wannabe Cap."

Is that a question or a statement? Cap's replacement is a wanna be Cap,so I don't see what your getting at.

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By methias

Vance Astro says:

"Methias says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Jet jaguar says:
    And you wouldn't want the stand in to be someone who is already basically a wannabe Cap."
    Is that a question or a statement? Cap's replacement is a wanna be Cap,so I don't see what your getting at."

I mean someone who has always been just a wannabe cap as far as looks and stuff, it is cooler to have someone else come in and try to get used to the look and idea of being Cap.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methias says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "Methias says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Jet jaguar says:
    Is that a question or a statement? Cap's replacement is a wanna be Cap,so I don't see what your getting at."
    I mean someone who has always been just a wannabe cap as far as looks and stuff, it is cooler to have someone else come in and try to get used to the look and idea of being Cap."

Oh Ok.I understand now.Anyone who isn't a "Cap wannabe" doesn't feel fit for the job.Bucky is the only guy who just said f*ck it i'll be'em if nobody else will.

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By methias

Vance Astro says:

"Methias says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Methias says:
    "Vance Astro says:
    "Jet jaguar says:
    I mean someone who has always been just a wannabe cap as far as looks and stuff, it is cooler to have someone else come in and try to get used to the look and idea of being Cap."
    Oh Ok.I understand now.Anyone who isn't a "Cap wannabe" doesn't feel fit for the job.Bucky is the only guy who just said f*ck it i'll be'em if nobody else will."

Exactly, it seems (to me at least) that somebody who isn't jumping at the chance to take over his role is someone who should actually do it. Somebody who is a bit more reluctant because they really know what it means, like Bucky.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Gottheit

Y'know...I'm upset they didn't make Man-Thing the new Cap. And buy the rights to TCM comics and make Leatherface the new Bucky(vibranium/adamantium chainsaw could work in this world.)...that would have been the most wholesome team of wholesomeness...

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Gottheit

And that's why nobody takes you serious, Colt.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Apparition

i'm just glad it isnt that loser deadpool

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gottheit says:

"Y'know...I'm upset they didn't make Man-Thing the new Cap. And buy the rights to TCM comics and make Leatherface the new Bucky(vibranium/adamantium chainsaw could work in this world.)...that would have been the most wholesome team of wholesomeness..."

I can never understand why anyone takes you serious.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gottheit says:

"And that's why nobody takes *you* serious, Colt."

You wish that was true.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Gottheit

I wish my wishes didn't come true, actually.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gottheit says:

"I wish my wishes didn't come true, actually."

Good thing they don't.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Gottheit

Good thing.

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By methias

Vance Astro says:

"Gottheit says:
    "Y'know...I'm upset they didn't make Man-Thing the new Cap. And buy the rights to TCM comics and make Leatherface the new Bucky(vibranium/adamantium chainsaw could work in this world.)...that would have been the most wholesome team of wholesomeness..."
    I can never understand why anyone takes you serious."

I saw the funniest thing when I was organizing some of our back issues at work: "Giant Sized Man Thing"

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Gottheit

That's an infamous issue, for that very reason...

batpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By batpool

Nobody takes Colt seriously do they? I mean, he only gets his info from the comicvine pages and wikipedia right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.