Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What's the deal with Deadpool?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CannotSpellMyName

I've read enough comics and official Marvel handbooks to be able to call myself a nerd, still I haven't figured Deadpool and his immortality out. Wiki pages state that his immortality is simply the result of him being a mutant with insane healing powers, while some other sources claim that Thanos cursed him with immortality to prevent him from being with Death, whom he loved and whose relationship with Wade Wilson he was jealous of for some reason. What's true?

Also, exactly how immortal is Deadpool? To me he's always been the guy whose like, when some powerful char goes "I can burn/smash/cut you into subatomic particles!!!" Deadpool goes "But you can't kill me ;pPPpppPpPp" regardless who he's up against, and that's what makes him appealing and unique as a character to me - no matter how powerful opponents you throw at him, cosmic, magical or inter-dimensional, the @#%!% just won't die. But is this true? Or can his immortality be revoked by beings as powerful or more powerful than Thanos such as Galactus, the Phoenix Force, Doctor Strange, etc? Or is it actually Death herself who pulls the strings about Deadpool's immortality and Thanos was just the one who convinced her to make Wilson immortal? It's interesting if the last alternative is the correct one because that would mean that not even the end of the universe or a direct attack from a cosmic elite entity or for that matter any opponent from any fictional universe would kill Wilson, and frankly, that would be awesome.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@CannotSpellMyName: Thanos cursed Deadpool with immortality to keep him away from Death that's all I know

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Redberry

@CannotSpellMyName said:

I've read enough comics and official Marvel handbooks to be able to call myself a nerd, still I haven't figured Deadpool and his immortality out. Wiki pages state that his immortality is simply the result of him being a mutant with insane healing powers, while some other sources claim that Thanos cursed him with immortality to prevent him from being with Death, whom he loved and whose relationship with Wade Wilson he was jealous of for some reason. What's true?

Also, exactly how immortal is Deadpool? To me he's always been the guy whose like, when some powerful char goes "I can burn/smash/cut you into subatomic particles!!!" Deadpool goes "But you can't kill me ;pPPpppPpPp" regardless who he's up against, and that's what makes him appealing and unique as a character to me - no matter how powerful opponents you throw at him, cosmic, magical or inter-dimensional, the @#%!% just won't die. But is this true? Or can his immortality be revoked by beings as powerful or more powerful than Thanos such as Galactus, the Phoenix Force, Doctor Strange, etc? Or is it actually Death herself who pulls the strings about Deadpool's immortality and Thanos was just the one who convinced her to make Wilson immortal? It's interesting if the last alternative is the correct one because that would mean that not even the end of the universe or a direct attack from a cosmic elite entity or for that matter any opponent from any fictional universe would kill Wilson, and frankly, that would be awesome.

After he was killed, he then got resurrected because Thanos doesn't want him to feel Death's embrace; they're both in love with Death. It's the second option. It's in the first volume of Deadpool. Here's the scan:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By blazinasian112

@Redberry: cool scan....is that the same chair he was sitting in at the end of the Avengers movie?? haha

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.