Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What gives Deadpool the right to be alligned with Heroes

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like Wolverine, and this is his problem. Deadpool has the audacity to be on Superhero Teams and Work with the good guys despite his adult themed and graphicallly unfiltered nature. Why does Marvel make these types of heroes pretty much morally relatable than any other hero if their just going to do bad things and immoral habits. Thats how Deadpool got popular, he does enough to make working with heroes like Spider-Man and Captain America possible but still has the same r rated edginess and sense of audacity duke nukem has. And I'm sick of it, it gives off a wrong message that you can earn a high amount of respect as a superhero all the while staying a filthy minded asshole with a sense of selfish values and not changing your irredeemable ways in killing.

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Commercial marketability.

That doesn't make it okay,Even though kids are exposed to Deadpool despite being a character catered to adults. This is how Wolverine gets away with being so popular despite being a adult based anti hero.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's not the answer you want, and I agree with you that it's wrong to some extent, but really it's just because of the money they can make with him.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

My favorite Deadpool is Joe Kellys interpretaton which was basically about him trying to bw a better perand become a hero. I think attempting to become a better person is an admirable ambition

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

So people who have done bad things can't want to be better people?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is a good guy ultimately. Sure he has no problem with killing his enemies, but he doesn't kill innocent people. He's still a hero who does good things most of the time.

TrustNoOne22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is a good guy ultimately. Sure he has no problem with killing his enemies, but he doesn't kill innocent people. He's still a hero who does good things most of the time.

Good guys don't make jokes while planting one in the head of a female who was being interrogated(movie). Deadpool in the comics is selling out his anti heroic integrity by pulling a Wolverine and having him Publicly show horned as a good guy. Same with Harley Quinn at DC, she's a freaking villain when she started off.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's the "good cop, bad cop" thing with Deadpool. He has shifted from full blown villain to anti-hero. However if you look at Wade's origin he looked up to Captain America and holds him in high regard. That's part of the reason he joined the military and Weapon X. I think Deadpool is an example of Joker's "one bad day" which kinda turned him into what he is. I think under different circumstances Deadpool would be a full blown hero (I guess zenpool represented that) I agree that Deadpool doesn't work as a hero which is why I'm glad he's not an Avenger anymore and Despicable Deadpool has returned him to being unliked. I think Deadpool should stick to a few heroic deeds instead of being a boyscout

However both in the comic and in real life it boils down to the $$$$$$. Wade wants to make money in comics and Marvel wants to make $$$$$ in real life. People like to laugh and crude humor reaches the lowest common denominator.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.