Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

So how much of a good fighter is Deadpool, really?

• 75 results
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

@DeathpooltheT1000: You're mistaken again. It's Macgruber! 

MACGRUBER!
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Great, I'm now imagining Deadpool with a MacGyver theme song.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@ShirEPanjshir: you're welcome.
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ShirEPanjshir said:

" Great, I'm now imagining Deadpool with a MacGyver theme song. "

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000: You're mistaken again. It's Macgruber!  MACGRUBER! "

Dude i watched MacGruber The Movie and the only thing he knows is to put things on his ass, something like Ricky Martin but less latin.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@Vance Astro said:
    "He kicked Cap in the balls because Cap wasn't expecting it..they weren't fighting"
    when did this happen?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @hydrabob said:

" @Vance Astro said:

"He kicked Cap in the balls because Cap wasn't expecting it..they weren't fighting"
    when did this happen? "
    I believe it was both times they fought.He distracted Cap then he kicked him in the sack.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By mavfan626
    @Vance Astro said:

" @hydrabob said:

" @Vance Astro said:

when did this happen? "
    I believe it was both times they fought.He distracted Cap then he kicked him in the sack. "
    IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls.. 
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@Vance Astro:  the only time i remember seeing them meet was Deadpool #28
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @mavfan626 said:
    IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls..  "
    It only had to happen once for the quoted statement to be true :P 
    I don't remember what happened the second time they fought.I was shown the scans I didn't actually read the comics.I think what i'm actually remembering is Cap kicking DEADPOOL in the balls in the solicitations.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By mavfan626
    @Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:

IIRC Deadpool has only once kick Cap's in the Balls and that was when they  "Rrochambeau" for the fate of the world.. :p but don't recall a second time Deadpool kick Cap's in the Balls..  "

It only had to happen once for the quoted statement to be true :P I don't remember what happened the second time they fought.I was shown the scans I didn't actually read the comics.I think what i'm actually remembering is Cap kicking DEADPOOL in the balls in the solicitations. "
    Yeah I think that was the cover of Deadpool #28.. but it didn't happen in the comic..
    ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @hydrabob:  They actually met a few times. 

They met during the Deadpool Classic issues during the Dead Reckoning storyline ( 23 - 25 ), where he was the Mithras and had to save the world. Captain America was also there ( as a back-up plan if I remember correctly ) and Deadpool kicked him in the sack.

They also met during the Cabe & Deadpool run in the Civil War story line ( 30 - 32 ) where Deadpool was Pro-Registration and got beat up by a bunch of Anti-Registration heroes, and Captain America was also present.
    Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Omarpool

Deadpool is one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe and can kick some serious ass. He's skilled in many forms of fighting but doesn't seem to take fights seriously. It seems he'd rather outsmart his opponents (He acts like an idiot which makes people think he's dim or insane which gives him a huge advantage) than fight them head on probably because its easier. However he will fight head on occasions if he feels like it or if he's in a serious mood. If he really wants someone dead they're probably going to be dead soon.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Assassin_

Deadpool:
    - Master with Bladed weaponry
    - Expert with Explosives
    - Skilled in Hand-to-Hand Combat (Can take Wolverine in Hand-to-Hand)
    - Can pick up any Gun and master it within a few minutes. 
    - Peak Human Conditioning 
    - Can use Psychological Warfare against his opponents (simply because he doesn't shut up)
    - Highly Intelligent (But still Insane)
    - Healing Factor that lets him survive ANY wound no matter how grievous 
    - Can use anything as a Weapon, once beat Tiger shark with a Towel

And I'm probably forgetting something...

And most people in the Marvel Universe that have encountered him would agree, If Deadpool legitimately wants you dead. You. Will. Die.

WeaponXSubject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By WeaponXSubject

Is Deadpool a badass? Hmm... Is Wolverine a mutant? Of course he's a badass!! And heres a few reasons why 1.) He cant die... he just cant its impossible!! 2.) He is a master marksman and swordsman 3.) He can go toe to toe with any character at all and just not give a fuck!!! and 4.) Pretty sure he is the worlds best assassin of all time. I've read in one comicwhere he takes down crowds of people with his bare hands!! So yes... Deadpool is an official badass

WeaponXSubject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_assassin_: that something you forgot was that he will do ANYTHING if he gets paid enough

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bogey

@weaponxsubject said:

Is Deadpool a badass? Hmm... Is Wolverine a mutant? Of course he's a badass!! And heres a few reasons why 1.) He cant die... he just cant its impossible!! 2.) He is a master marksman and swordsman 3.) He can go toe to toe with any character at all and just not give a fuck!!! and 4.) Pretty sure he is the worlds best assassin of all time. I've read in one comicwhere he takes down crowds of people with his bare hands!! So yes... Deadpool is an official badass

Not to forget he had two different miniseries in which he kills everything in the universe's.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Chibio

Deadpool is a good fighter. He has actually defeated Captain America in hand to hand combat twice. Maybe even three times, but I'm not so sure about the last one. He actually outsmarted Cap. He also fought Taskmaster and defeated him, but mainly because of his crazy fightstyle which Taskmaster could not adapt to. Deadpool also defeated Bullseye multiple times, even though they have yet to have a real fist fight. Deadpool also went toe on toe with Wolverine who is supposed to be one of the best fighters in the Marvel universe, because of his age and the experience.

Unfortunately Deadpool also has a bad record at the same time, since he tends to lose fights he should not lose (Punisher, Daredevil maybe).

SadiaVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Deadpool? Yes.

Cable & Deadpool Deadpool? Yes.

Waypool? No.

Marvel Now Deadpool? Maybe, dunno.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool fluctuates abilities depending on the series and the writer. In his first appearance, he beat Shatterstar by watching him fight and finding 30 different weaknesses in his form and the way he fought. No one without a decent level of skill would be able to do that. He was basically Deathstroke and then when he made more appearances his level of intelligence and skill deteriorated more and more until Way finally got him he wasn't even remotely the same character as he once was.

Classic Deadpool was miles better then current Deadpool. He wasn't able to go toe to toe with the likes of Silver Sable, Wolverine, Daredevil, Taskmaster, Domino, Cannonball, etc. for no reason. Liefeld claims he came up with DP's personality, but I just don't believe that to be true, because I've read the comic that Deadpool first appeared in and he displays none of his quirky personality traits. He was at one point probably the greatest and most professional Merc in the Marvel U. Now he's just a mercenary who can't die.

If I ever write Deadpool, I'm still going to keep the humor in but have him go up against more moderate challenges and have him win because I'm sick of hearing people say "Deadpool has no skill" or "Deadpool wins because he can't die." Realistically, he doesn't have many feats aside from his earlier appearances that would show him being skilled or not, and that's something I would personally change. I haven't read any of the new "Thunderbolts" series. Anyone know if he does anything worthy of not in it?

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEADPOOL'S THE BEST! HE COULD BEAT ANYBODY! LIKE IS GALACTUS CAME TO EARTH DEADPOOL COULD BE LIKE WACHA! AND PUNCH HIM ONCE AND WIN! HE'S SO AWESOME!

not even funny

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

In terms of martial arts knowledge, I don't think he's the most skilful of fighters but his healing factor means he could take more damage in a hand-to-hand fight than someone without a healing factor which is pretty helpful and he certainly knows how to use weapons.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His martial art skills are good but what really makes him a threat is his endurance, agility and unpredictability

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any fighter worth his salt can beat his ass given they are fully prepared to "go the distance" with wade. Treat him as a "anything goes" opponent because he's apparently endless in his regenaration and his eccentric behavior. Alot of writers make the the marvel fighters job due to CIS and making Wade get to them thinking he's pathetic, weird, and weak.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

Any fighter worth his salt can beat his ass given they are fully prepared to "go the distance" with wade. Treat him as a "anything goes" opponent because he's apparently endless in his regenaration and his eccentric behavior. Alot of writers make the the marvel fighters job due to CIS and making Wade get to them thinking he's pathetic, weird, and weak.

Deadpool's biggest strength is that most people (Even other readers) think he's a fool. Which gives him the advantage. Just like that old lady said in the Daredevil Netflix series said, "a wise man will act as the fool." Deadpool may be silly, but he sure ain't stupid.

Raxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Raxs

@theincrediblederk: I agree with your point 100%. Also I'd like mention that insane people can be smart aswell. I think you mentioned or someone else

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.