Official Deadpool Series Thread

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#701  Edited By Suigetsu

I am not impressed with deadpool merc ith a mouth series, so its not a MUST BUY. Specially since the new deadpool writter is a newbie.
Anyways what did you guys tought of the conclusion of this arc?
I was expecting a more thrilling one and I didnt liked the last page >:(

DiabolicVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#702  Edited By DiabolicVision

i agree the ending was kinda lame, but oh well, it wasn't that bad, plus the line about taco's is just priceless.

Agent355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#703  Edited By Agent355

I think it just leaves the door wide open for the next story arc.  The last panel I think is just supposed to be ironic.  This issue was very funny, though.  Daniel Way has implemented a good amount of dark humor.  I'm looking forward to future issues.

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704  Edited By Delta Red

I loved the Bullseye arc, but the last half part of issue 12  was kinda lame, too anti-climatic.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#705  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I thought this arc was the best so far. Great work. I loved the rocket launcher part and the school scene.

Heres that cover to Deadpool #900

This October, the Merc With a Mouth commemorates his historic career with the landmark DEADPOOL #900 and we've got your very first peek at the drop dead gorgeous cover by acclaimed artist Dave Johnson!

Stay tuned for more news on DEADPOOL #900 and the further misadventures of Wade Wilson!

And heres the best news for Joe Kelly Deadpool fans:

Cover of Amazing Spider-man #611

Joe Kelly and Deadpool were a winning combination during the writer's run on the series in the late '90s.

Joe Kelly and Spider-Man have been among the highlights of the new Amazing Spider-Man team's run.

Now, Marvel is putting all those names together in Amazing Spider-Man #611, a one-shot issue that pairs the two superheroes in a story by Kelly and artist Eric Canete, with a comical cover by Skottie Young.

"Spider-Man is one of my favorite characters from childhood and I have a real heart-felt love for that character. And it's the same, but in a twisted, nasty way for Deadpool," Kelly told Newsarama of the pairing. "It was the cornerstone of my career. It's where I got my chops and it was the first thing I really felt like I had some real input on. I loved Deadpool, so to have the chance to come back and work on him is really great."

The story will tie into the upcoming series of stories under the banner, "The Gauntlet," which sees the return of many of Spider-Man's more traditional villains to the title.

"You know, at first, it was really just putting them together and having it degenerate into an insult war. But it ended up that it does have a real story," Kelly said of the way the Amazing Spider-Man story evolved into being part of The Gauntlet. "It certainly works as a stand-alone story, but basically, somebody needs to keep Spider-Man occupied for a certain period of time, and Deadpool is the obstacle that's going to be there and entertain Spidey when he could be somewhere else.

"I like doing one-shot stories, but I'd rather feed some of these bigger subplots, especially when we work in the Spidey office, because things are just so far ahead," Kelly said. "Even with the Black Cat story, I can make sure that little subplots are dropped for things that I know are coming further down the road."

Kelly said the idea to do something combining Deadpool and Spider-Man has been floating around the Spidey team for awhile, but the writer hesitated to return to the character after all these years because he avoids going back to something he feels is in the past.

"I love Deadpool. But traditionally, and partly because I bounced between companies, it's pretty rare that I go back to work on something I've done before," he said. "It's not that I have some kind of code or something like that, but my focus gets pulled elsewhere and it's hard to re-open the box.

"When I started working over at Marvel, there was a little talk about working on Deadpool, but I was like, oh, I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't," he said. "[Marvel editor] Steve [Wacker] actually had talked to me and had a very funny suggestion for a bigger Spider-Man/Deadpool thing. And he started planting the seed. And I thought it would be funny to do something like that again. It did come from Steve suggesting that since there seemed to be a lot of Deadpool projects, maybe now would be a good time for a one-issue story with Spidey. And at that point, I just couldn't say no."

Because he has a "tendency not to look back," Kelly said he has to admit he's not as well-versed in everything related to Deadpool as he probably should be. But as fans of Kelly's work know, he's got a knack for writing humorous dialogue between characters – and with two banter-infused characters like Spider-Man and Deadpool, readers can expect the dialogue to be more than a little snappy.

"There is a little bit of 'who's the bigger smart-ass' element to this story. But I describe it as, you go to a comedy club, and you get a comic up there that's pretty good, but you can tell he's trying to stay clean. But then you get a heckler going after him who can say whatever he wants. That brings the comic who's on stage down really fast. And all of the sudden, they're both in the gutter, and it quickly gets very nasty and very funny," Kelly said. "And I'm thinking there might be a similar relationship between Deadpool and Spidey. 'Cause Deadpool would say the things Spidey would want to say. But being around that guy? All of the sudden he's just going to say it. It's like somebody just poking you and poking you and poking you, and I don't think Spidey has the endurance to deal with Deadpool for very long without sort of going to that blue place."

Kelly said his strength for writing fun dialogue probably relates to the fact that he just loves doing it.

"It's always hard to talk about comedy, because then it's immediately not funny. But I love dialogue. I love characters. Even as a kid, I loved characters like Bugs Bunny. I really do generally love comedy," he said. "With Deadpool, we could do anything we wanted because everybody just expected the book to be canceled every five seconds, so nobody was paying attention. And we could get away with it. In Spidey, it's a little different. It's kind of the kinder version of comedy.

"But yeah, I really love that stuff. And I find that it works well for me, because I kind of need it as counterpoint to all that heavy-duty stuff that goes on in these kinds of stories. I just love dialogue. I'm always kind of collecting people's voices in my head," he said. "With Deadpool specifically, I've always kind of cultivated it. I was always looking for bad jokes and things like 'Your Mama' jokes and tucking them into a file. It's always been a part of my repertoire, I guess. I think my baseline writing style is usually to go a little bit dark and a little bit funny and collide those things, because I think you get the best sort of drama out of it. "

While Spider-Man and Deadpool may have clever dialogue in common, the similarities aren't going to make them fast friends in one issue, Kelly said. However, he admitted that, given time, a longer story could end up in them functioning somewhat as "buddies."

"They would make a really good pair for, like, one of those '80s 'buddies' movies," Kelly laughed. "But in this first 'hang-out,' I don't think it's going to go very well. But it really depends on what the body count will be on Wade's part, you know? That's a pretty big turn-off for Spidey."

But don't count out the possibility for that longer story happening, because Marvel is already open to the idea.

"There has been some loose talk about doing something longer than just one issue with the two of them. If we did that, it would be a lot of fun, but I think you'd see a lot more depth of their relationship and how they do balance each other out," he said. "Obviously, Deadpool can be looked at as the dark Spidey, or what Spider-Man could become. And it's also sort of liberating, when you're working so hard to be the responsible one, to see somebody who's just letting it all hang out. So I think their dynamic could be great to play with in a longer piece, but probably not so much in this first one. In this one, it's just round one."

Whether it turns into something longer or not, Kelly said the idea of Spider-Man and Deadpool having an adventure together just seems to make sense.

"It's like two great tastes that taste great together," he laughed.

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#706  Edited By deathswitch
@Mr. Wilson said:
" I thought this arc was the best so far. Great work. I loved the rocket launcher part and the school scene.

Heres that cover to Deadpool #900

This October, the Merc With a Mouth commemorates his historic career with the landmark DEADPOOL #900 and we've got your very first peek at the drop dead gorgeous cover by acclaimed artist Dave Johnson!

Stay tuned for more news on DEADPOOL #900 and the further misadventures of Wade Wilson!

And heres the best news for Joe Kelly Deadpool fans:

Cover of Amazing Spider-man #611

Joe Kelly and Deadpool were a winning combination during the writer's run on the series in the late '90s.

Joe Kelly and Spider-Man have been among the highlights of the new Amazing Spider-Man team's run.

Now, Marvel is putting all those names together in Amazing Spider-Man #611, a one-shot issue that pairs the two superheroes in a story by Kelly and artist Eric Canete, with a comical cover by Skottie Young.

"Spider-Man is one of my favorite characters from childhood and I have a real heart-felt love for that character. And it's the same, but in a twisted, nasty way for Deadpool," Kelly told Newsarama of the pairing. "It was the cornerstone of my career. It's where I got my chops and it was the first thing I really felt like I had some real input on. I loved Deadpool, so to have the chance to come back and work on him is really great."

The story will tie into the upcoming series of stories under the banner, "The Gauntlet," which sees the return of many of Spider-Man's more traditional villains to the title.

"You know, at first, it was really just putting them together and having it degenerate into an insult war. But it ended up that it does have a real story," Kelly said of the way the Amazing Spider-Man story evolved into being part of The Gauntlet. "It certainly works as a stand-alone story, but basically, somebody needs to keep Spider-Man occupied for a certain period of time, and Deadpool is the obstacle that's going to be there and entertain Spidey when he could be somewhere else.

"I like doing one-shot stories, but I'd rather feed some of these bigger subplots, especially when we work in the Spidey office, because things are just so far ahead," Kelly said. "Even with the Black Cat story, I can make sure that little subplots are dropped for things that I know are coming further down the road."

Kelly said the idea to do something combining Deadpool and Spider-Man has been floating around the Spidey team for awhile, but the writer hesitated to return to the character after all these years because he avoids going back to something he feels is in the past.

"I love Deadpool. But traditionally, and partly because I bounced between companies, it's pretty rare that I go back to work on something I've done before," he said. "It's not that I have some kind of code or something like that, but my focus gets pulled elsewhere and it's hard to re-open the box.

"When I started working over at Marvel, there was a little talk about working on Deadpool, but I was like, oh, I don't know. Maybe we shouldn't," he said. "[Marvel editor] Steve [Wacker] actually had talked to me and had a very funny suggestion for a bigger Spider-Man/Deadpool thing. And he started planting the seed. And I thought it would be funny to do something like that again. It did come from Steve suggesting that since there seemed to be a lot of Deadpool projects, maybe now would be a good time for a one-issue story with Spidey. And at that point, I just couldn't say no."

Because he has a "tendency not to look back," Kelly said he has to admit he's not as well-versed in everything related to Deadpool as he probably should be. But as fans of Kelly's work know, he's got a knack for writing humorous dialogue between characters – and with two banter-infused characters like Spider-Man and Deadpool, readers can expect the dialogue to be more than a little snappy.

"There is a little bit of 'who's the bigger smart-ass' element to this story. But I describe it as, you go to a comedy club, and you get a comic up there that's pretty good, but you can tell he's trying to stay clean. But then you get a heckler going after him who can say whatever he wants. That brings the comic who's on stage down really fast. And all of the sudden, they're both in the gutter, and it quickly gets very nasty and very funny," Kelly said. "And I'm thinking there might be a similar relationship between Deadpool and Spidey. 'Cause Deadpool would say the things Spidey would want to say. But being around that guy? All of the sudden he's just going to say it. It's like somebody just poking you and poking you and poking you, and I don't think Spidey has the endurance to deal with Deadpool for very long without sort of going to that blue place."

Kelly said his strength for writing fun dialogue probably relates to the fact that he just loves doing it.

"It's always hard to talk about comedy, because then it's immediately not funny. But I love dialogue. I love characters. Even as a kid, I loved characters like Bugs Bunny. I really do generally love comedy," he said. "With Deadpool, we could do anything we wanted because everybody just expected the book to be canceled every five seconds, so nobody was paying attention. And we could get away with it. In Spidey, it's a little different. It's kind of the kinder version of comedy.

"But yeah, I really love that stuff. And I find that it works well for me, because I kind of need it as counterpoint to all that heavy-duty stuff that goes on in these kinds of stories. I just love dialogue. I'm always kind of collecting people's voices in my head," he said. "With Deadpool specifically, I've always kind of cultivated it. I was always looking for bad jokes and things like 'Your Mama' jokes and tucking them into a file. It's always been a part of my repertoire, I guess. I think my baseline writing style is usually to go a little bit dark and a little bit funny and collide those things, because I think you get the best sort of drama out of it. "

While Spider-Man and Deadpool may have clever dialogue in common, the similarities aren't going to make them fast friends in one issue, Kelly said. However, he admitted that, given time, a longer story could end up in them functioning somewhat as "buddies."

"They would make a really good pair for, like, one of those '80s 'buddies' movies," Kelly laughed. "But in this first 'hang-out,' I don't think it's going to go very well. But it really depends on what the body count will be on Wade's part, you know? That's a pretty big turn-off for Spidey."

But don't count out the possibility for that longer story happening, because Marvel is already open to the idea.

"There has been some loose talk about doing something longer than just one issue with the two of them. If we did that, it would be a lot of fun, but I think you'd see a lot more depth of their relationship and how they do balance each other out," he said. "Obviously, Deadpool can be looked at as the dark Spidey, or what Spider-Man could become. And it's also sort of liberating, when you're working so hard to be the responsible one, to see somebody who's just letting it all hang out. So I think their dynamic could be great to play with in a longer piece, but probably not so much in this first one. In this one, it's just round one."

Whether it turns into something longer or not, Kelly said the idea of Spider-Man and Deadpool having an adventure together just seems to make sense.

"It's like two great tastes that taste great together," he laughed.

"
that picture of deadpool with spidey is funny
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I cannot wait! 

Joe is also writing a story in #900.

October 2009 Deadpool Comics

Note: Full October solicitations haven't been released. This post will be updated as new information is released.

CBR has the first look at Marve's October 2009 comic solicitations, which include:
DEADPOOL #16
DEADPOOL #900
DEADPOOL POSTER BOOK
DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #4
MARVEL SPOTLIGHT: DEADPOOL

Some new details on Deadpool #900 have been revealed as well, including that it will be 104 pages featuring stories by a number of writers, including Joe Kelly. Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld confirmed on his twitter that he will be working with Joe Kelly on the project for Deadpool #900. [SOURCE]
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Deadpool has ceased to exist, he’s given his good-byes, he’s driven his car into the ocean. They’ll think he’s dead, but he’ll sail away. Then, he becomes a pirate!

Marvel.com has posted this cover image for Deadpool Team Up #899. It is unclear if this is a one-shot book, or somehow part of Deadpool #900. The only information about this book is that it is being written by Fred Van Lente and drawn by Dalibor Talajić, and will be out in November. More information will likely be revealed in the November solicitations that come out later this month. [ SOURCE]    
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#709  Edited By Dreadmaster

Looks tight^^

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710  Edited By DEADPOOL

I hate the art, and I don't like to say the word "hate." Hopefully Paco Medina's back to work in the next issue.

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711  Edited By deathswitch
@DEADPOOL said:
" I hate the art, and I don't like to say the word "hate." Hopefully Paco Medina's back to work in the next issue. "
i know. deadpool should have more muscles in his arms and legs 
the art has been great so for then you get this it's like umm what?
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712  Edited By Mr. Wilson
@DEADPOOL said:
"I hate the art, and I don't like to say the word "hate." Hopefully Paco Medina's back to work in the next issue. "

He is I'm pretty sure. I don't mind the art though. It seems the artist has improved a lot since the annual. I think we've been spoiled by Paco Medina. lol
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713  Edited By Mr. Wilson

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #611
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #611
Written by JOE KELLY
Penciled by ERIC CANETE
Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG
Deadpool-Man, Deadpool-Man - does whatever a Deadpool can...spins a web any size - but not really...Deadpool's don't have webs.  Look out! Here comes the Deadpool-Man!  What force on Earth has brought the Merc with a Mouth and the Webheaded Wonder closer together than Quesada and Twitter?  And how does it tie to the upcoming Spider story The Gauntlet?!  And finally - WHO IS LADY STILT-MAN?! Joe Kelly (DEADPOOL CLASSIC; This issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and Eric Canete (IRON MAN: ENTER THE MANDARIN) bring you 2079's top Marvel Comic of the last 70 years (sorry, Dazzler #500)!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99    
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714  Edited By The_Scourge

I'm sorry but Deadpool #13 really disappointed me. The story seems to be a really useless one and the art is nothing compared to the rest of the issues.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Eh I liked it. Good Deadpool funess.   

Heres solicits: 

DEADPOOL #17
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by PACO MEDINA
Cover by JASON PEARSON
TIE-IN TO “NATION X”
“Want You to Want Me,” Part 3 (of 4)
Somebody might want to check on whether hell has just frozen over, because guess what…? Deadpool has just joined the X-Men!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899
Written by Fred van Lente
Pencils by Dalibor Talajic
Cover by Humberto Ramos
Merc with a MYTH!
Stop rubbing your eyes, fanboy, they don't deceive you! Everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth stars in a third on-going series, hacking and wisecracking his way across the Marvel Universe with a new guest-star every month! First up: when master assassin ARCADE and NIGHTMARE, Lord of the Dream Dimension, join forces to destroy Wade Wilson and THE INCREDIBLE HERCULES, they get more than they bargain for, taking on two of the MU's most irresponsible heroes! Drunken mayhem, bad jokes, and billions of dollars of property damage ensue!

DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #5
Written by VICTOR GISCHLER
Penciled by BONG DAZO
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
“HEAD TRIP,” PART 5
After Dodging Dinos, cavemen, and a particularly nasty Zombie T-Rex, our intrepid trio – Deadpool, Dr. Betty and “Headpool” a.k.a. the severed head of Zombie Deadpool -- escape in an >ahem< borrowed Hydra shuttle and head for the A.I.M. space station to deliver their hot bio-cargo.  As Hydra calls in a battle frigate to cause a little trouble, Deadpool comes to the sudden realization that a zombie virus unleashed on the world might be, well, a bad idea, and devises an ingenious plan to sneak off with the head.

deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By deathswitch
@Mr. Wilson said:
"
Eh I liked it. Good Deadpool funess.   

Heres solicits: 

DEADPOOL #17
Written by DANIEL WAY
Penciled by PACO MEDINA
Cover by JASON PEARSON
TIE-IN TO “NATION X”
“Want You to Want Me,” Part 3 (of 4)
Somebody might want to check on whether hell has just frozen over, because guess what…? Deadpool has just joined the X-Men!

DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #899
Written by Fred van Lente
Pencils by Dalibor Talajic
Cover by Humberto Ramos
Merc with a MYTH!
Stop rubbing your eyes, fanboy, they don't deceive you! Everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth stars in a third on-going series, hacking and wisecracking his way across the Marvel Universe with a new guest-star every month! First up: when master assassin ARCADE and NIGHTMARE, Lord of the Dream Dimension, join forces to destroy Wade Wilson and THE INCREDIBLE HERCULES, they get more than they bargain for, taking on two of the MU's most irresponsible heroes! Drunken mayhem, bad jokes, and billions of dollars of ensue!

DEADPOOL: MERC WITH A MOUTH #5
Written by VICTOR GISCHLER
Penciled by BONG DAZO
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
“HEAD TRIP,” PART 5
After Dodging Dinos, cavemen, and a particularly nasty Zombie T-Rex, our intrepid trio – Deadpool, Dr. Betty and “Headpool” a.k.a. the severed head of Zombie Deadpool -- escape in an >ahem< borrowed Hydra shuttle and head for the A.I.M. space station to deliver their hot bio-cargo.  As Hydra calls in a battle frigate to cause a little trouble, Deadpool comes to the sudden realization that a zombie virus unleashed on the world might be, well, a bad idea, and devises an ingenious plan to sneak off with the head.

"
i think the cover for issue #17 will be awesome
but i wish i could see it now damnit
deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By deathswitch
@Truex said:
" I love Deadpool but seriously, three ongoings! Pretty soon Wolverine and Deadpool will completely take over the Marvel U "
he doesn't have three ongoings
Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720  Edited By Drafta
@Truex said:
" I love Deadpool but seriously, three ongoings! Pretty soon Wolverine and Deadpool will completely take over the Marvel U "
It really isn't that crazy.
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Its pretty wild but I'm excited and looking optimistic.  I liked the new Deadpool issue.  DW has really gotten a good grasp on DP as of late.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#722  Edited By Dreadmaster

Wait.........Deadpool only has two ongoins right?

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By Drafta
@dreadmaster: Well, there's Deadpool and Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth, and supposedly Team-Up is an ongoing.
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724  Edited By DEADPOOL

Is Deadpool's new on-going going to count backwards? lol.

Did anyone read Deadpool #15? Way has lived up to my optimism and has brought that Joe Kelly-esque deepness to Deadpool!

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725  Edited By Mr. Wilson
@DEADPOOL said:
"Is Deadpool's new on-going going to count backwards? lol.  Did anyone read Deadpool #15? Way has lived up to my optimism and has brought that Joe Kelly-esque deepness to Deadpool! "

I sure hope so! lol Its funny they might have to go negative though if it ever gets there!   

I loved #15 hilarious yet dark like old Joe did back in the day.  I think Way has found his footing and he has been great ever since he did that awesome Bullseye arc.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By Primmaster64

zombies!!

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727  Edited By mavfan626

i wish there were just one series were he was a mean!angery crazy and not a silly/dumb crazy

Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

IS deadpool joining X-Force?
Edamame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729  Edited By Edamame
@Mr. Wilson: What, in your opinion, is the best Deadpool trade paper back? May I ask?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.