Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Is Siryn screwing deadpool over?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ranvage
    Deadpool and Siryn (X-Factor 200)
    Deadpool and Siryn (X-Factor 200)

Is Siryn screwing deadpool over?

Siryn and Deadpool
    Siryn and Deadpool

When Wade was in love with her, she said she wasn’t looking for a serious relation (Way back in Deadpool’s the first series).

Later on she started to somehow flirt with her companion Warpath. She had multiples affairs with Multiple Man and his duplicates.

Later on, when she’s pissed at Madrox for absorbing their baby, she finally hooks up with the merc, only to leave him in a very cold manner.

Is it me or the lil red haired is playing the good innocent Deadpool?

Any similarities with real life is a mere coincidence.

Avatar image for captain_danvers
    Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Captain Danvers

Haven't they been done for quite sometime now? I mean her name isn't even Siryn anymore right?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ranvage

Lol.

You can call her Banshee, but I'm an old timer. = P

Yes, it was some time ago, 2010 I believe, but the point is: She ain't that innocent and the merc is human.

Like most man. He's a fool when in love.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think you're missing the point. SHE LOST HER CHILD! After carrying a baby inside her for 9 months, she went through the pain & anguish of giving birth to him... only to see him being uncontrollably absorbed by the 'father'! She was in a very fragile emotional state, and turned to the wrong kind of intimacy for comfort. And it's not as if Deadpool wasn't ready & willing for a little one-night stand. They were two mutually consenting adults.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox_kitty
    I think you're missing the point. SHE LOST HER CHILD! After carrying a baby inside her for 9 months, she went through the pain & anguish of giving birth to him... only to see him being uncontrollably absorbed by the 'father'! She was in a very fragile emotional state, and turned to the wrong kind of intimacy for comfort. And it's not as if Deadpool wasn't ready & willing for a little one-night stand. They were two mutually consenting adults.
    ^ this.

Also, when the hell has the word "innocent" applied to Deadpool?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

"Also, when the hell has the word "innocent" applied to Deadpool?" Ha ha!! Too true! For all the times he's tried to screw over Vanessa... he's lucky Terry even looked at him twice ;)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    @xerox_kitty
    ^ this. Also, when the hell has the word "innocent" applied to Deadpool?
    i'm pretty sure the OP was joking.
    Avatar image for captain_danvers
    Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Captain Danvers

Deadpool and Siryn being together makes no sense to me.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ranvage

Yeah, I was joking.

Of course, Deadpool will never be innocent. He is coldblooded mercenary after all.

I also understand Siryn’s side. She went through a lot, and she was searching for closure.

Still, she played the guy. If it was the opposite, I’m sure we would sacrifice Deadpool.

Nevertheless, I wasn’t trying to protect Wade Wilson. Even thou he’s my favorite persona, I was only referring to the human side of the marvel characters. It’s a comic book after all, but it’s nice to see psycho killer being a fool for a woman, and sweet girl using a man for her selfish needs.

I think stuff like that is what make the comics seem a little real (juuuust a liiiiiittle), it gives depth to the characters. Way better than a one sided hero or villain.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@The Dark Huntress said:

@xerox_kitty
    ^ this. Also, when the hell has the word "innocent" applied to Deadpool?

Did you read the run the OP referenced? He and Siryn were awesome together (and they weren't even together, but it was still completely freaking adorable).

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By fodigg

I always liked Deadpool with Siryn better than when he was with Copycat. I felt like Siryn brought out the best in Wade while with Vanessa they both kind of just encouraged their worse impulses. I believed they loved each other, but I didn't think they were good for each other.

So yeah, this seems a little cold coming from Theresa and I didn't like it considering that was a relationship I'd been rooting for. But then again she and Wade have been done for a while. Just kinda sucks for Wade.

It's no worse than Scott randomly throwing Jean in Logan's face during Schism though.

edit: Oh, and her name is always gonna be Siryn to me. I don't care if a "banshee" is supposed to be female. I don't care if Marvel already has a real siren and it might be confusing. Banshee is her dad and she's Siryn.

evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evodmasters

@ranvage: Well it isn't like Deadpool was rushing out the door trying to rekindle the lost relationship. He knew what that it was when she came to him, he simply gave her what she needed and let her go. So, I don't feel bad for Wade letting himself be used like that, but i do feel bad that this is all he feels that he deserves out of life.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

Madrox absorbed their baby?

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ranvage

@foddig, you spoke words of wisdom my friend. I feel the same way, about their relationship and about her name. lol.

@evodmasters. I kind of disagree with you. If you remember Deadpool 44, you’ll see a part when Wade is talking with the nearly dead Dr. Whitby. She asks if Deadpool loves her now, and he says he loves someone else, with a pretty sad face. A few boxes later, it’s implied she knows who the merc is in love with.

I concluded it had to be someone from his past, and a kind of strong connection was already implied. Since Vanessa died, there’s only left Siryn and that Japanese chick that appeared in the Widdle Wade special. I believe it’s pretty evident it’s Siryn.

Furthermore, during Deadpool’s first series, she was presented as wade’s one true love. For some reason, in Cable and Deadpool, he was over her, but there is so much wrong with the Cable and Deadpool series, I figure the writer is trying to fix some of the big mistakes from that duet.

@DEGRAAF. He absorbed the baby because, actually, his clone was the boy’s true father. You can read X-factor 39 and 40 to access further information.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Kairan1979
    @ranvage
    you forgot about the Most Special Lady in Wade's life - Death!
    ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ranvage

My holly peanuts. You are right friend. I forgot the most important woman in Wade’s life.

That changes my perspective on things. You are right, he was talking about death in issue 44.

Still, I believe there’s a spark between Siryn and Deadpool.

Thanks for the heads up.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Theresa was a bit cold to him back there, but I don't think that she was consciously trying to toy with him. She was an emotional wreck at the time because she had just traumatically lost her child, which made her act irresponsibly. She needed the comfort, intimacy, and rush of emotion, but was too messed up to deal with the consequences. She probably didn't even realize that he took it far more seriously than she did.

I think the Siryn/Banshee & Deadpool relationship is interesting because of hiccups like these. It's always quite there, yet not close enough, and poor Deadpool is always left hanging. I'm curious to see whether and how they're going to rebuild their shaky friendship after the random hook-up. I'm hoping that it wasn't the final word on their almost-romance because I find their interaction hugely entertaining. It amuses me to no end how random and how cute this relationship is, considering that Deadpool is an insane, trigger-happy assassin.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'm actually offended by people calling Deadpool a psychopath or a triggerhappy killer. Deadpool has moderate to severe mental disabilities (such as obvious signs of attention deficit hyperactive disorder, Asperger's syndrome, and manic depression), and when it comes to violence he's no worse than Wolverine or Punisher. He's really a complex and tragic character, some writers are just hit and miss with him.

That said, I loved Deadpool and Siryn together. She was the angel on his shoulder, she didn't just see him as a monster and treated him in a way that few did, she represented everything he wanted in life and he constantly tried to seek her approval. Sadly they were never a real couple, just friends.

I still wonder if Siryn ever found out that it was actually Copycat that beat the hell out of her and not Deadpool, which seems to be when Siryn didn't want anything to do with Deadpool anymore.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ranvage

@DEAPOOL said:

Deadpool has moderate to severe mental disabilities (such as obvious signs of attention deficit hyperactive disorder, Asperger's syndrome, and manic depression)

Well friend, those are the exactly reasons why Deadpool is a triggerhappy, psychopath. No one ever said he did it because he was pure evil, but his sanity problems lead him to a very inconvenient and dangerous behavior.

And I agree with you and with most of our friends here. It’s hard to a non-deadpool fan distinguish it, but Syrin used to bring the best out of Deadpool. Which makes all the harder for us accept what Theresa did to Wade, even thou she was in a very difficult moment. Most of us really were cheering for them as a couple.

Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Haustyl12

I don't think she should have gone to someone else than playing with Deadpool's heart

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

Ah but it is deadpool screwing siryn over...and over

nyuk nyuk nyuk (sorry it had to be done)

Celticsiryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Celticsiryn

I just think they love each other but they are just too pig-headed to admit how they feel towards each other. This could be a very fiery and funny coupling. Wouldn't it be funny if she ended up knocked up again to deadpool but she'll not know what to do with deadpool as a dad to her kid lol. Imagine him at the birth. That healing factor will come in handy cos of Terry's temper.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Strider1992

Deadpool as a Dad would be at the same time the stupidest and yet the most awesome thing that could happen to him. I can just imagine if the baby had his healing factor he'd make it a baby mobile out of gun's and knives and hang it above the crib!

Celticsiryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Celticsiryn

Yeah could you image him using a colt45 for a teething ring. Siryn would go nuts. Oh what if the baby had its mom's scream and deadpool upset it. He would be embedded in the wall. "Can you say dada?" "DADA!!!" baby screams from crib. BANG!!"That's daddy's lil girl. OUCH!" Deadpool holding up a broken thumb. lol maybe Siryn'll have twins. There's a funny picture, him juggling babies and assignments.

DepartmentK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DepartmentK

I know this thread is years old, but I just started reading deadpool comics after seeing the movie. so far ive read the inital deadpool series issues 1-69, and il say I wanted deadpool and siryn to get together.. as earlier posters said, they brought out the best in each other whereas deadpool and copycat inadvertenly brought out the worst in each other. i think deadpool and copycat loved each other very much but they were like mixing oil and water. Siryn and Deadpool, imho, really could have gone somewhere. I was pulling for em since she admitted she never felt more safe then when Wade was watching her sleep. i think its too late now for their romance to rekindle a. with Wade being married and raising a daughter and bpersonally i think the way they left things with the one night stand was the worst route for them both. I dont think Terry was taking advantage of wade, her emotions took advantage of her, and I think deadpool understood that, but it effectively doomed any chance of a serious relationship ever happening. I mean to recap, the first time he thinks he and siryn are in a serious relationship, 12 hours later he finds out he was actually raped by typhoid marry. the second time a relationship could have blossomed, not only did copycat beat up terry posed as wade, but to the best of my knowledge wade doesnt know thats what copycat did and terry doesnt know it wasnt really wade. and the third time is the aforementioned one night stand (unless theres a chance between the two Im unaware, which due to me being so new to the character is quite possible.). what im curious to know is did Joe Kelly and company and their sucessors during that 69 issue run ever have a plan to put them together, or were they always destined to fail? Did the X-Force writers nix it? One thing Im confused on is during the issue where warpath and deadpool fight over terry, warpath says that deadpool was not there when she needed him,so warpath stepped up. at no point between issue 6 when terry said she wasnt ready for a relationship, and issue 12 when warpath and deadpool fight, is there any mention of terry needing him ie how can deadpool be there for her if he didnt know she was in trouble. anyways i apologize for this longwinded ramble,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.