Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Interview: Gerry Duggan talks Deadpool's Upcoming Wedding

• 50 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

All this week we've been seeing puzzle piece teasers from Marvel. A wedding is headed our way in April. There were a lot of guesses as to who could possibly be getting married. It turns out it's actually going to be Deadpool. For real. Deadpool will be getting married in DEADPOOL #27.

To try to find out more, we had the chance to ask DEADPOOL co-writer, Gerry Duggan, some questions earlier this week.

No Caption Provided

COMIC VINE: First of all, how is this happening? Is Deadpool blackmailing someone? Did someone lose a bet?

GERRY DUGGAN: It certainly does seem like this poor, mysterious woman will be in for a rough time. Or maybe Deadpool is the one in for it. Two people are joining their hearts together for the rest of their lives, so somebody is bound to get hurt. The how and why of it will become clear in the coming weeks and months.

CV: Is this going to be a short-lived marriage or something that you guys will explore in the coming months?

GD: After the events in North Korea, Deadpool tries to resume his "normal life". He fails. DEADPOOL #25 is a bit of an emotional reckoning for him. He's had so much taken from him by Butler...the experiments, the organ harvesting, the mind-wipes. He's free of that now, and that is almost another burden for him. Deadpool is making (and keeping) new memories now, and he wants to move his life in a new direction. His bride is an attempt to move away from his painful past and into a future that he feels comfortable and secure in. However, just as this is happening, some echoes from the past will complicate that move. Deadpool will have even more troubles to deal with. I will say - I love the reason Deadpool's own reasoning for entering into this marriage.

No Caption Provided

CV: I kind of hate to ask but will we see any sort of honeymoon for Deadpool?

GD:Scott Koblish is hard at work on one now for publication in DEADPOOL #28, it is not an inventory issue of course, but it has the heart and soul of one. I'm particularly proud of how that one wraps up. The perfect balance of high adventure, some laughs, action but most important: heart.

CV: Where did the idea come from to bring about a marriage for Deadpool?

GD: It was written in as a throw-away gag in an upcoming tale of Deadpool, and editor Jordan D. White was like a dog with a bone, and wouldn't let it go. 25 variant covers later, and here we are!

CV: If this is happening in April, is it a shotgun wedding? Or maybe an uzi-wedding…

GD: I have to be careful here. There are several surprises upcoming in the pages of Deadpool, and several more that await you on screens this January in the Infinite Comic DEADPOOL: THE GAUNTLET. Then the wedding issue is LOADED with HUGE surprises. Yes, you'll see Deadpool get married in # 27, but hmm. I should keep quiet...

CV: Will there be a best man?

GD: Multiple men. (Not Jamie Madrox)

CV: Can we assume there will be tears at the wedding? Perhaps from the bride?

GD: And the mace.

CV: Is the idea of Deadpool getting married a way to show that there could be someone out there for everyone?

GD: George Zimmerman has a steady girlfriend. Adolf Hitler seemed to have some kind of functioning marriage. There is hope for everyone, even you. You're good enough, smart enough and gosh darn it, people like you.

Be sure to check out the digital Infinite comic, DEADPOOL: THE GAUNTLET on January 15 (the first issue is freeeee at participating retailers). The wedding takes place in DEADPOOL #27, on sale in April.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I can NOT wait for this!

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for nastynategibbons
    NastyNateGibbons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty stoked for this as well. My guess based on clues that it have picked up in different interviews and from the puzzle lead me to believe the bride is Death and maybe it's some kind of way to piss Thanos off...could be wrong. At the very least I believe I'm right about the bride.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I like how Kurt is marring them.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkay74 said:

Adol"ph" Hitler???

It's an F

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Well this is bonkers.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is probably not Lady Death, isn't it?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So She-Hulk is the maid of honor I guess the bride is Betty Ross then lol

What a weird haircut for Danielle Cage.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been loving Deadpool since issue 1. These guys just get him. Can't wait to see this wedding from them.

Avatar image for nastynategibbons
    NastyNateGibbons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you look closely at the bride’s bouquet, it seems that the flowers make up a skull. Granted, it could be a Deadpool mask (earlier iterations of the puzzle, before they gave away the groom and thus the wedding’s color scheme, had light pink flowers that looked much more skull-like)–but what appears to be teeth at the bottom make it feel more like a skull.

That’s significant, of course, because while the bride is covered in flesh in the image above, her face is covered completely. Death in Marvel Comics is often depicted as fully skeletal, although sometimes she has a normal, human-like body with a skeletal face. In any event, the skull flowers could be a clue.

According to the Deadpool Wiki, Death “is in love with Deadpool because she cannot have his soul due to him not being able to die. Deadpool reciprocates his love for her and so tries to figure out ways for him to lose his healing ability, die and be with his beloved. Thanos, jealous because he understood Death preferred Deadpool’s love over his, cursed Deadpool with immortality so they couldn’t be together.”

And that ties into the second reason people believe it might be Death; Deadpool assured her that he would find a way for them to be together....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

lols for the last few questions

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you look closely at the bride’s bouquet, it seems that the flowers make up a skull. Granted, it could be a Deadpool mask (earlier iterations of the puzzle, before they gave away the groom and thus the wedding’s color scheme, had light pink flowers that looked much more skull-like)–but what appears to be teeth at the bottom make it feel more like a skull.

That’s significant, of course, because while the bride is covered in flesh in the image above, her face is covered completely.

Sin? The new Red Skull btw. Thought that it fits well with the clue you described. But makes no sense though.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a beautiful picture!

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was married once

Croi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Croi

For f**k sake... Well, I ain't disappointed, I never had faith in these writers to begin with.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty stoked for this as well. My guess based on clues that it have picked up in different interviews and from the puzzle lead me to believe the bride is Death and maybe it's some kind of way to piss Thanos off...could be wrong. At the very least I believe I'm right about the bride.

Looking at her skull shaped bouquet makes me believe you're right.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By New_World_Order

LOL, Odin? Beta Ray Bill? Balder? Man-Thing? Why would they care?

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is F'ing stupid!!

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

If this was any other writing team, I'd be worried.

Gerry and Brian have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that they can write not just a good Deadpool story, but one of the BEST Deadpool stories ever written. So I trust that they know what they're doing.

I say, bring it on. I'm ready for this.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol if you look in the way back it looks like miller's yellow daredevil got stuck with the cheap seats with groot

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nastynategibbons said:

That’s significant, of course, because while the bride is covered in flesh in the image above, her face is covered completely.

Sin? The new Red Skull btw. Thought that it fits well with the clue you described. But makes no sense though.

I was thinking that too about Sin

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like how people here are already complaining. The best

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

well it looks like Kaine has had his colour's fixed =p

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. Nice.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Marriage...Deadpool's life really is about to go to hell. I foresee some best battles of the week, Deadpool vs his wife's spending habits, Deadpool vs whose turn is it to do the dishes, Deadpool vs his wife's "headache".

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

LOL Cable is his Best man hahah

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They pallet swapped Artie and Leach. Artie is the one with the mind projector, and he is pink.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol if you look in the way back it looks like miller's yellow daredevil got stuck with the cheap seats with groot

That's D-man, not Daredevil. Notice the Wolverine mask. Daredevil is next to Spidey.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go on record saying I think it's going to be Bea Arthur. Deadpool seems to be rather obsessed with her lately.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this isn't one of those one-shot stories. where Deadpool will decide to get married, and then some disaster happens at the wedding, and then he realizes their isn't a need to get married. practically making the story useless unless you want to refer to it as "the time deadpool almost got married."

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogjitsu: lol! There's a character named D-man??? Oh god <3 marvel comics

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silver surfer is kinda a dick, blocking that one guy's face.

& why is jubilee holding a baby?

redhood21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this series is too much... love it more than smelling strangers

bizzy4chem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@al_capown: I kinda agree with you, seems like they have run out of ideas

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm exited.

Cool Magneto suit.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By Mezmero

I'm excited for anything involving Duggan's Deadpool. It doesn't seem clear if the character Wade's courting is new, from his past, from current Marvel 616, or one of the universal constants (i.e. Mistress Death). Maybe he should marry Angela from Spawn since it's the closest to heaven that he'll ever get. Otherwise if it turns out to be Death then it could mean the literal end of 616 Deadpool but hopefully that's not the case.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Even Forbush Man is there.

And, awww, Cable is the best man. :)

This is probably not Lady Death, isn't it?

I don't know, but every other guess I had is a bridesmaid, so I'm going to go with her.

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope it goes better than his last marriage

http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool-team-up-892-soul-mates/4000-222038/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.