Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Fox Studios Sues Struggling Mom For Distributing Deadpool Script

• 90 results
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Avenging-X-Bolt: So this care more that when Fox breack the laws also or other guys.
    Is a crime yes, but many times Fox also breacks the law, what so ever they dont decide to ask them for a trillion bucks.
    The Law is the law is a weak point of view, in the past the was legal you could own a human, that mean it was ok?
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

@DeathpooltheT1000: When did Fox break the law?
    mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mpgeist

Fox sounds pretty heartless but really I think this woman shouldn't have put herself within the scope of something like this.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Many of the thing they do on their shows are not legal, also every big company have legal problems.
    Is amazing that people belive the Law is the law mean that only people have legela problems.
    At least is not like Disney that have killed a bunch of people, dont go to Disneyland is you want to live.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: oh please. 

Name one time they broke the law. Name once they went to court for illegal doings. ONE TIME! I bet you can't.

And Disneyland has been around for a very long time. Name one place that's been around that long that no one has died there.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: The problem with Disneyland, is how often people die there, also that workers, have prohealth problem for use the damn suits.
    The Monsato case, they fired people, because they dont want to do immoral things, like lie on the news, for what i understand, but it was legal, under the fact that lie on the news is not a crime.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: whoa whoa whoa, who brought the devil (AKA Monsanto) into this?

Lying on the news is not a crime. Lying in court is a crime and basically is only there. You can say whatever you want on the news. Sure someone can sue you for distorting the facts but that's a civil case not a criminal one. You can also fire whoever you want and not be committing a crime. Again, someone can take action against that person or company and make it into a civil suit but it's still not a "crime". What this woman did is a criminal case. She is a confederate in a theft case.

I don't think people die THAT often at Disney land but I am not an expert on Disney land morality rates so I can't refute that. But I don't know if whatever your source is, is accurate. You can't believe everything you read on the internet.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By The Lobster
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000: " You can't believe everything you read on the internet. "
    The internet said Lady Gaga had a dick
    The internet said that they would replace Heath Ledger as the Joker in Batman 3
    The internet said Zac Efron was going to be Spider-man
    The internet said Fred from those godawful youtube videos was going to be in The Runaways comic book movie 
    The internet said Edward Cullen was going to be Spider-Man
    The internet said Taylor Lautner was going to be Wolverine

You're damn right you can't believe everything you read on the internet. 

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : Did you hear? Lady Gaga's penis is going to be the next spider-man!
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The Lobster
    @Abnormally Warm Guy:  That's still a better choice then Andrew Garfield.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : I don't know, he was pretty good in The Social Network.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The Lobster
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: I'm not dissing his skills, the guy can act. However the main problem I had with both Sam Raimi's Spider-Man movies and this new Spider-Man movie is that they hire actors who look nothing like their comic book counterparts. Toby Maguire looks nothing like Peter Parker, and Andrew Garfield looks nothing like Peter Parker either. I still think that Logan Lerman (Someone who was in the running to play Peter Parker) was a much better choice because he acts and looks like Peter Parker. Andrew Garfield is too pretty boyish to be Peter Parker....it's almost like Sony wanted Robert Pattinson to play Peter Parker (To sell off his name) but after hearing all the backlash from fans decided to pick the guy who looked most like him and go with him.  Look at Andrew Garfield and look at Robert Pattinson...you can see the similarities, only difference is that one of them can actually act. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

This reboot is taking every step in the wrong direction and I've given up hope on it. I was psyched for it when Emma Stone was announced to be in it as Mary Jane (She's perfect for the role) but then the director had to come out and say "Oh Mary Jane isn't going to be in this, we're hiring Emma Stone to play Gwen Stacy. " I swear, they only hired Marc Webb because of his last name....what has he done to show he is a good superhero action director? The only movie he did was 500 Days of Summer and that movie was only sub-par.   

Sony is on it's way to becoming the next FOX studios, they pushed Sam Raimi into adding things into Spider-Man 3 that he didn't want, they pushed him into making a 4th movie until he quit (Which was the ultimate f-u), and they only hired Marc Webb because they can push him around because he's a newbie and because his last name.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Lobster : I think he could pull off ultimate Peter. 

But I do find that funny. 

Kirsten Dunst- Blonde playing a redhead. 

Bryce Dallas Howard -   Red head playing a Blonde. 

Emma Stone- Red head playing a blonde.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#64  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Abnormally Warm Guy:
    emma stone is actually a natural blonde
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    this isnt about humans being owned its about a woman distributing stolen things(non-living items not people)
    , and you cant expect us to take your "fox breaks the law" arguement seriously when you havent given an example or an evidence. 

RoosterCogburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RoosterCogburn

Well. Sucks for her.
    Shouldn't have distributed the script.
    No pity for her over here.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Well I guess that people are shocked by the amount she's being sued for. Not by the fact that she is being sued.
    But you must also understand that if they would sue her for a more reasonable amount, that this would not make a statement at all towards other 'pirates'.
     They made a statement with this: do not steal from us. Simple as that.

I get that it isn't fair, but than again, stealing isn't either. 
    I just feel pity for her family, since they are the real victims because they haven't done anything illegal and yet are being punished also.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShirEPanjshir: They will settle for much less considering she doesn't have that amount it would be impossible for them not to. 

This amount is a figurative amount to dramatize the proceedings and try to make an example out of her for future pirates.
    Britt601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Britt601

Money, money, money. 
    Isn't that what the majority of corporations are after?
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @ShirEPanjshir:
    Smartest post on this thread
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#71  Edited By Dracade102
    @Britt601:
    Yup...
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#72  Edited By turoksonofstone

You know the Best Part?
    Everything Fox makes will be pirated anyway.
    They are throwing stones in the ocean.
    And revealing themselves as Villains.
    Destiny looms. 
    Look around Ya'll.
    Convergence.

on another note....

No Caption Provided
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is absurd, Fan Film are worst, you film a movie with the characters you dont own, write fan fics or create fan comics, you are also doing a crime, and dont came with the i dont win money with those things, is still a crime.
    And Marvel is not like DC, who is that is ok, always that you dont win money.
    So, why the hell she did such a big crime?
    Temptation Island haved problems with the Mexican Goverment, they contructed a jacuzzi without the documents they need, the law is the law, still the Mexican  Goverment never asked for money, in this case they only closed the hotel for a time, ask for money is ok, to punish people is ok, but please, punish all the people that breack the law.
    I mean, many people here readed the script, so why not to punish them also?
    According to a Time magazine article, fewer than 100 lawsuits are filed against Disney each year for various incidents.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: Pirating a film and fan films are not one and the same. 

Sure there is overlap (I'll be the first to admit that), but the difference is that with piracy you're taking someone else's work and giving it away for free. 

Someone else put, time, work, and revenue into that and you're demeaning them of the financial return they deserve. A fan film hurts no one and can give market attention to the character.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By Korg
    @ShirEPanjshir said:
    " Well I guess that people are shocked by the amount she's being sued for. Not by the fact that she is being sued. But you must also understand that if they would sue her for a more reasonable amount, that this would not make a statement at all towards other 'pirates'.  They made a statement with this: do not steal from us. Simple as that.  I get that it isn't fair, but than again, stealing isn't either.  I just feel pity for her family, since they are the real victims because they haven't done anything illegal and yet are being punished also. "
    I was ready to say a bunch of stuff, but this is better. Well said.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Still is a crime.
    You take something you dont own and use it, is the same that piracy.
    To use the character you need to pay the company that own them, Geroge Lucas dont care what you do with Star Wars, he is to rich and crazy.
     Lucasfilm's limited support and sanction of fan creations is a marked contrast to the attitudes of many other copyright holders, such as Fox Studios, which used a cease and desist letter to close a Max Payne short that was in production , and MGM, which has been known to force internet-distributed James Bond fan films offline, too.  
    But Marvel have taked legal actions on the past.
    What show that is a crime.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: Again, the is a difference between a  crime and a civil offense. Using someone else property in an unsanctioned way cannot be brought into criminal court. Therefore it is not a crime. 

Theft goes to criminal court. 

Therefore, it is not theft. 

Is there a similarity? Yes. Is it the same? No. 

My logic is sound. 

If A the outcome of A does not equal the outcome of B than A and B are not equal.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: So if you take something is not yours and use it, is ok?
    Is the same that watch movies online, you dont pay for the movie, still you dont take the movie, you just used the movie.
    So is less of a crime who watch the movie, that the guy that buy a pirate movie?
    I know about the copyright hypocrisy.
    They take out this for copyright problems, what so ever, they put him back, because, it was a lie, this guy make Viacom loss millions during the month this video was online, one guy punched a big company on the face?, so they use the a law to take a video out,this lawdont work as it should, it protect the company and not the creators of movies, comics and tv shows.
     know that the guy that put the movie should win most of money still, tthe creators should obtain a part, also the directors and others.

I know it sound crazy, but this guy make a video and then for some reason the company lose millions, and they say he was a criminal without and evidence, he did a crime or that was his fault they lose millions?.
    A guy that never use copyrighted material.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: I never said it's 100% "okay". My argument are piracy and fan films are different. If Marvel decied to take action against me I wouldn't say they were wrong (it's be stupid but it'd be their right). 

Piracy: Takes someone else's work and distributes it through illegal means. The work is someone else's.

Fan Film: Take someone else's property and uses it for your own work. The work is still done by you.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: I understand your point, but the problem is how the copyright laws work, no one cares how they work, many video of you tube and other websites are kicked out for copyright.
    Under U.S. copyright law you are allowed to use otherwise copyrighted material as long as you are making a criticism or parody of it.
    Fan Films enter in this grey area, still dont change the copyright laws dont work anymore, most of video wbesite dont have critics, because, even when the law say is ok to use clips from movies or videogame, the owner go and take down the videos.
    But i am a memebr from the Pirate Party, or the Pirate Wikiparty here in Mèxico,we dont want piracy, just laws that work for everybody.
    The party strives to reform laws regarding copyright and patents. The agenda also includes support for a strengthening of the right to privacy, both on the Internet and in everyday life, and the transparency of state administration. [

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: That is not exactly true. 

You can use intellectual property in a satirical way but you can't use footage  or material that someone else owns for a parody you're making.
    AyEmEs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AyEmEs

Well, obviously what she did wasn't the smartest thing in the world 
    but don't fine a struggling woman 15 million dollars, fine her something if you must, but come on! 

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By roadbuster

A few random preliminary points: 

1. Unless people are on the high seas, engaging in assault, or depriving another of possession, terms like piracy, robbery, and theft are legal misnomers and just emotionally charged inaccurate terms... the only thing at issue is cold and clinical copyright infringement. 
    2. Copyright infringement tends to be civil but, in certain federal circumstances- this potentially being one of them (online for-profit sales with damages over a certain limit)- it constitutes a crime... and even more rare circumstances could even amount to a felony. 
    3. Copyright law is largely statutory and a big part of that is international treaty compliance (thus out of our hands) and in many ways incompatible with some of the basic tenants of the American justice system (such as the presumption of innocence; we take it for granted here, but guess what- many nations assume guilt and require proof of innocence to exonerate!)... these combined factors- along with a strong emphasis on civil rights- makes copyright enforcement rather unwieldy and somewhat divorced from reality / practical effects, nonetheless it's the only legal system available to copyright holders so they either use it or waive their rights (which could negatively affect a legitimate attempt at enforcement at a later date). 

Some explanation... 
    • What can Fox do if they figure out someone is infringing on their copyright?  1. They can do nothing.  2. They can demand it be taken down.  3. They can sue for damages. 
    • What is the result of each? 1. Obviously does nothing to deter infringement but worse, it sets a precedent of sitting on one's rights... more on that later.  2. This is the typical minimal step, but merely removing the offending content doesn't really deter and again sets a precedent... more on that in a second.  3. Okay, you sue for damages... how much?  Without getting into all the details, exceptions, and analysis, the bottom line is that you basically have to sue for the statutory max that you can make out.  Why?  Because if you don't, when a "real" infringer comes along you won't be able to collect full damages from them because they will point back to all the times you let things slide, calculated damages differently, or didn't ask for the full amount... they'll claim that the previous amount requested was genuine, reasonable, and fair and that the amount demanded now is knowingly unrealistic and unjust and while you can argue yourself out of that situation you put yourself in a defensive position unnecessarily.
    • Damages are calculated in very unrealistic ways because there's no realistic way to measure these kinds of speculative damages, so the law compromises and sets a handful of set rules for the purposes of calculation and judicial economy (rather than litigating how exactly damages ought to be calculated each and every time; although in big cases they are anyways)... legislatures argue this more simple and known value- even if perhaps inaccurate- will serve as a deterrent since it's high / known.
    • This means that under US law, you basically have the choice of getting infringed upon, slapping them on the wrist, or going nuclear on them with no statutory options in between... although what realistically happens is the threat of nuclear sanctions leads to a more moderate settlement.  It also means that even if you're pretty sure someone is the "real" infringer, it doesn't matter unless you can prove and enforce it... meaning you might be stuck going after smaller fish just because they're the only ones you can actually make a case against (because there's enough proof, they're in the jurisdiction, etc).  Or they're willing to settle rather than fight (because they're too poor to fight or in a bad evidentiary position or easily intimidated) meaning you can publish a deterring "win" and/or get some money.
    •  In other countries, the burden of proof is generally lower (no, "innocent until proven guilty") so it's easier to accept damage assessments closer to the actual harm caused by the defendant and they nearly always get stuck with [a more "fair"] bill... of course, there's more room for abuse and extortion meaning more actually innocent defendants end up paying copyright holders for alleged infringement... but more actually guilty defendants pay out on the whole.  Which system is right is just the value judgment of the nations.
    • In either case, companies try to use a commercial / contractual solutions which essentially amounts to calculating the costs of infringement and passing it on to consumers / insurers / etc... of course, there are only so many cost passing measures the market will bear and many costs can't be reliably predicted like these kinds of pre-production script or work-print leaks (as opposed to near-release type infringement that happen, inevitably, at the consumer or distribution level), which is why the law enforcement comes out of the woodwork.

Concisely... 
    • There's a big disconnect between the public's expectations / understanding of what infringement means and who it might hurt and how badly it could hurt... and what legal remedies are actually available to copyright holders, because of international treaties and fundamental values held by our current legal system.  At some point, something will have to budge and change.
    • Fox doesn't really have a lot of latitude in this situation as one might imagine... if they slap her on the wrist, it means they'll only be able to slap future infringers on the wrist (OK, not 100% true, but in broad strokes)... they have to show they're not sleeping on their rights / just letting infringers walk to protect their right to protect their rights.
    • As a practical matter, she's not going to pay $15M and Fox isn't going to recover $15M... so no one is actually punished right and no victim is made whole right... it's a bunch of compromises the whole way around and not as extraordinary as it may seem at first blush.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mainline: thank you.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mainline: No one here belives she was going to pay, but the problem is at least for me is that they decide to do it with her, when there is website that upload the movies and guys that upload the movies.
    Also for all the problem the Pirate Party try to change the copyright law, so everybody is happy and obtain a piece of gold from the booty.
    roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By roadbuster
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Again, if they want to preserve their right to go after the websites, they have to enforce their rights against someone on which they have an actual case against.  Someone else's wrong-doing doesn't absolve the woman and the current legal structure doesn't allow Fox to ignore her if they want to recover from someone else.  A rough comic-related example illustrates this kind of thing: Original comic book art - Both Marvel and DC, by statute and often contract, own the original pieces done as a matter of work-for-hire by their artists... but as a matter of custom, Marvel and DC have allowed artists to own and sell the original pieces as if they owned them (note that physical possession is not legal ownership in this case).  If Marvel and DC attempted to crack down on artists now or to grab the proceeds of expensive auctions done of old original (but work-for-hire) art, they'd face a huge uphill battle in the face of the custom they've created in always letting that slide and never before enforcing their rights.  They might be able to win in the end, but with respect to infringement, why put themselves in that position when they don't have to?  It costs you $500 to file a case versus the millions you might lose in damages and legal fees trying to argue why it made sense to let that fish go and not this one and why this fish isn't like that one.  Unless you think it's Fox's job to let  the website type infringers go, they don't have the practical option under this system to let her go (additionally, since Fox is publicly held, they probably don't even have the option to let website infringers go as they'd be held accountable to the shareholders / board for lost profits).  Corporations aren't "dumb" in the sense they aren't allowed to be, if not suing her would save them time, effort, and money don't you think they'd do that?

Regarding the other infringers, you don't know the standards of evidence... like I said above, there's a difference between "knowing" of other infringers versus being able to prove it.  They have a provable case against her, the alleged existence of other infringers is meaningless unless they can secure the same proof, in an enforcible jurisdiction, likely to end in a winning result... large scale infringing operations often have sophisticated means of defeating the US's defense-friendly system (innocent until proven guilty- hard to pierce their 4th Amendment protections, etc.) or working outside of US jurisdiction and typically can't be brought down without the cooperation of a foreign government's law enforcement.  You have to go after what's before you as an investment for that day when you finally get foreign cooperation or the operation slips up and gives you actionable evidence.  You can't just point your finger and say- "I know you're up to something, pay me money!"
    fuhkyouall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By fuhkyouall

This site's full of copyright infringing material, including all those silly little avatar pics. Most of you are guilty of the same crime that she is. So anyone here who genuinely thinks she deserves to get bullied by a bunch of slimy, asslicking lawyers can all join the long queue to suck my fat dick.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#88  Edited By StarKiller809

I feel bad, but you have to know that when you are posting a leaked script on the internet there are going to be consenquences. 

It is sad though that she is getting sued.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By warlock360

15 mil for some paper and 3 months for child rapists YAY justice is at hand... FML

methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By methias

The only reason Fox is suing her is because the DP movie isn't coming out and they want to try to get some money out of it still. Worthless pieces of crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.