Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Does Deadpool have superhuman strength or peak human strength?

nightwing737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nightwing737

Does Deadpool have superhuman strength or peak human strength?

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By serpent222

I really don't think he does. Because of his heeling factor, he has superhuman endurance.

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amratheking

He has superhuman strength in the two ton range. His healing factor works like those of Wolverine and Sabretooth-he can push his muscles beyond human limits because of it. 

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

@Amratheking said:

He has superhuman strength in the two ton range. His healing factor works like those of Wolverine and Sabretooth-he can push his muscles beyond human limits because of it.

maybe I've missed something somewhere along the line but where has it ever said that Wolverine and Sabretooth can lift 2 tons?

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By serpent222

@danhimself said:

@Amratheking said:

maybe I've missed something somewhere along the line but where has it ever said that Wolverine and Sabretooth can lift 2 tons?

Yeah, that's completely news to me too.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By D3athstroke
    No Caption Provided
    chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By chem86

@D3athstroke said:

No Caption Provided

What issue is this from?

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By D3athstroke
    @chem86
    Cable & Deadpool #13    

and there is also this 
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @serpent222 I thought the handbook put Sabretooth in the 2 ton range back in the day and Wolverines strength has been explained as his healing factor enhancing his musculature to compensate for carrying an extra 500 lbs from the adamantium.
    serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By serpent222

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@serpent222 I thought the handbook put Sabretooth in the 2 ton range back in the day and Wolverines strength has been explained as his healing factor enhancing his musculature to compensate for carrying an extra 500 lbs from the adamantium.

I can buy those. And those scans seem like passive references. I don't think either are an example of enhanced strength. It's also not listed in his abilities on his comicvine page.

Avatar image for sovereigndivinity
    sovereigndivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpent222: but it is, on marvels very own website(deadpool).

cmyers1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cmyers1980

@Amratheking said:

Amratheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Amratheking
    @WaveMotionCannon: I think it's an extra 100 pounds from the adamantium skeleton, but yeah-you're right on about the super strength. 
    Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It was stated in one issue, I don't remember which I think it was in Cable and Deadpool maybe, where Weapon X fixed his scars and added a new feature to his healing factor. Every time he healed from a life threatening wound he'd get stronger. He managed to get to the two ton range before it wore off and his scars came back. I remember because after they explained that to him, Wade was about to take a hatchet to his "nether regions" for a "strength enhancement". You don't forget something like that

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was stated in one issue, I don't remember which I think it was in Cable and Deadpool maybe, where Weapon X fixed his scars and added a new feature to his healing factor. Every time he healed from a life threatening wound he'd get stronger. He managed to get to the two ton range before it wore off and his scars came back. I remember because after they explained that to him, Wade was about to take a hatchet to his "nether regions" for a "strength enhancement". You don't forget something like that

HAHA that is good stuff. Didn't realize it was the 2 ton range though, that's cool. I will re read Cable and Deadpool. His strength is inconsistent. He catches a punch from Ms.Marvel, but he complained blocking a kick from spider-man caused him pain.

aktimno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: But, strength and pain are different and deadpool changes personality all the time. He could be winy one moment, then hardcore non stop at another.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Chibio

There is also a scene in one of his earlier comics, where he is on a bridge and I think he is holding a nun (!) up in the air and yelling at her. He says that he has a healing factor and superhuman strenght.
    So yeah, there are many indicators which say that Deadpool has superhuman strenght. Nothing all too fancy, but he has it.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

he has superhuman endurance due to HF. but not superhuman or peak. somewhere close to peak but not there. he's a slob.

GroovyAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah, but Deadpool's also a massive drama queen, so he may have been overselling the kick from Spidey and then trying to be macho in front of Ms Marvel.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Yeah, but Deadpool's also a massive drama queen, so he may have been overselling the kick from Spidey and then trying to be macho in front of Ms Marvel.

meh i just think the writers have a lack of communication over there, simple as that. Spider-man has never really lost to deadpool, the majority of the time he just lets spidey slap him around though when they did fight, slap stick and all that

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@w0nd said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

HAHA that is good stuff. Didn't realize it was the 2 ton range though, that's cool. I will re read Cable and Deadpool. His strength is inconsistent. He catches a punch from Ms.Marvel, but he complained blocking a kick from spider-man caused him pain.

I blame writers having questionable knowledge and/or questionable understanding of the character.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Robert2928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read Way's run, like 70% Cable and Deadpool, An issue of his new series and I can honestly say Deadpool's strength is very inconsistent. I'm swinging more towards superhuman though from what I have read.

MrDeadP00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrDeadP00l

Check out this marvel.com page on Deadpool and look at the power grid on the right, the blue is his official marvel stat for strength.

http://marvel.com/universe/Deadpool_%28Wade_Wilson%29

Here is a link where marvel explains the grid numbers.

http://marvel.com/universe/OHOTMU:Power_Grids

Marvel places Deadpool in the "able to lift 800lbs to 25tons group" classifing him as having superhuman strength, besides you have to be pretty strong to snap someones neck instantly with just two fingers as stated in Cable and Deadpool#13.

*May have to copy/paste link*

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdeadp00l: he tried to hold back a helicopter and almost shift himself, he could barely do it and when he did he was gassed....something spider-man could easily do he is below spiderman in strength by far

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He's never lifted anything quantifiable heavy, but he goes it with certified strongmen like Wolverine a lot, so there's that...

Alex_1333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 tons!1!1!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.