Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool's Best Battles

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we normally take a look at some of the most violent and brutal fights in new comics. Unfortunately Deadpool came to us and insisted we focus on some of his best battles in comics. Are these his absolute best battles? We'll let you argue with Deadpool if you don't agree.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool: Suicide Kings

Deadpool was lured by a rich kid to Newark. Because the kid had a huge gambling problem and owed a lot of money, he needed Deadpool to kill his bookie. Deadpool agrees because he'd end up making a million dollars in the end. It turned out it was all a trap. The kid and Tombstone set Deadpool up and released doctored footage showing him blowing up an apartment building. This put the Punisher on Deadpool's trail.

No Caption Provided

Punisher disguised himself as a pizza delivery guy in order to get close to Deadpool. Just as he was about to deliver the final blow, Daredevil came to Deadpool's rescue, knowing that Deadpool was innocent.

As Deadpool escaped to try to clear his name, Punisher later caught up with him again.

No Caption Provided

You would think shooting Deadpool's head off would take care of him. Thanks to his healing factor, he managed to survive. Now with Daredevil and Spider-Man helping him, clearing his name should be easy, right?

Punisher finds Deadpool alone yet again, and the two continue their fight.

No Caption Provided

Eventually, Deadpool convinces Punisher he's innocent--or at least innocent in this matter. They team up in order to take on Tombstone and his men.

No Caption Provided

There's plenty of more fighting, and you know eventually everything will get settled nice and neatly.

Wolverine Origins: The Deep End

A mysterious man offers to pay Deadpool $20 million dollars to kill Wolverine. How could Deadpool turn down that offer? Deadpool tracks down the mutant and starts things off with dropping a piano on top of Logan.

No Caption Provided

The fight gets intense. At one point, Deadpool is about to shoot Wolverine at point blank. It's a good thing for Logan he has those really sharp Adamantium claws.

No Caption Provided

With his fingers cut off, it might be a little difficult for Wade to continue the fight. He is a pretty resilient guy. He stalls long enough for his healing factor to allow his fingers to grow back.

No Caption Provided

That bullet obviously doesn't stop Wolverine.

Just as Deadpool comes close to finally killing Wolverine, Logan's estranged son, Daken, pops in and catches Deadpool off guard. This was actually part of the overall plan, and Deadpool was just used to get Daken to show up when Wolverine was close to death because he wouldn't want anyone else to kill his father besides him.

Wolverine does make it clear what would happen to Deadpool if he tried killing him again.

No Caption Provided

Threatening to chop him up and eat him, Wolverine's final words are, "Like to see ya come back from that..." Deadpool thinks to himself he easily could, just like bad Mexican food.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe

Deadpool actually kills the Marvel Universe. He takes on all the heroes and villains. Before you start to worry about this marking the end of all Marvel comics, the story does sort of take place in an alternate universe.

Professor X and the X-Men bring Deadpool to get treatment and therapy for his behavior. Unfortunately the psychiatrist in charge was really the villain from the Microverse, Psycho-Man. His attempt to gain control over Deadpool so he could build an army of unstoppable soldiers backfired. All it did was unleash Deadpool's true evil side.

His first stop was the headquarters of the Fantastic Four. Killing Reed Richards and the Human Torch, the Invisible Woman had no choice but to create an invisible bubble inside his head and expand it.

No Caption Provided

Sue Richards isn't a killer. Having witnessed the murder of her husband and brother, she was left with no choice. It's too bad she turned her back on Deadpool's body as his head regrew. He followed this by killing her as well.

Later Spider-Man finds Deadpool. He's pretty disgusted with the merc's actions and drops him on a car. As he goes to Deadpool and starts yelling at him. Looks like he ignored his Spider-sense because this allowed Deadpool to take care of him.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool next takes out the Avengers by stealing some Pym Particles and placing several bombs inside their mansion, including in their coffee. He moves on the X-Men and starts taking them down.

No Caption Provided

Using a sword made of Carbonadium, Deadpool is able to kill Wolverine. Carbonadium is a metal similar to Adamantium and affects a mutant's healing factor.

Deadpool continues to kill heroes and villains. When it appears there's no one left to kill, he manages to get transported to the reality where the Marvel writers are meeting and discussing the series. It's not going to go well for them.

Deadpool #250, (AKA #45)

Deadpool tends to make a lot of enemies. After a couple fights with the terrorist organization, ULITMATUM, their leader decides to go after the home where Deadpool's daughter lives.

Knowing he needs to put a stop to this, he finds the perfect location to stage a final battle. ULTIMATUM comes in full force but Deadpool has had time to prepare for them.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool has his hands full. ULTIMATUM didn't take any chances. They put a huge bounty on Deadpool's head which causes other killers to come out of the woodwork.

Wade finally confronts Flag Smasher, who begs Deadpool not to kill him now that he realizes just how serious of a threat he can be.

No Caption Provided

Even though he's taken care of their leader, he can't let the rest of ULTIMATUM run free. Not when the life of his daughter is at risk.

No Caption Provided

Knowing that even wiping out all these soldiers won't be enough, Deadpool feels there's only one thing left. Deadpool must die.

No Caption Provided

The world needed to believe Deadpool was dead.

Everything seemed right, but then the world ended due to the events of Secret Wars. That's okay because the world was later recreated, and Deadpool was happier than ever.

That's all the time we have for this week. If there's a Deadpool battle you thought was way better than any of these, let us know which one in the comments below!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

These really are some great battles.

Avatar image for superior_nobody
    Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superior_Nobody

I hate you for making me relieve Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Kings is my personal favorite.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

THE MOVIE WAS AWESOMEEEEEE HAHHA STAY FOR END CREDITS!!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RisingBean

I shake my head at the hypocrisy of Wolverine being decapitated while Deadpool comments on his power being popularity.

Deadpool has one of the most casual fanbases around, and he also gets to star in a PISfest where he can circumvent the rules of the Marvel U and somehow kill everybody just to show how awesome he is. Meh.

With that, I wonder if Batman, Superman and the Civil War vets will be getting best battles as well or is Deadpool's "popularity power" going to make him a special case?

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

I love when Deadpool killed the marvel universe.

It really shows some of the flaws with the way people fight certain super heroes. Especially when he kills Spider-man; maybe if his enemies weren't so intent on punching him to death and just shot him then he wouldn't be a problem.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrimeEarth2016

@doc-holiday: Have you never read a Spider-Man comic before? He's dodged sniper fire and even caught bullets with ease. Smh

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Have you never read a Spider-Man comic before? He's dodged sniper fire and even caught bullets with ease. Smh

Yes, I know that what I am saying is that if Deadpool can get close enough why not have someone else do it?

No Caption Provided

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal favorite battle of deadpools is probably at the end of the dead presidents arc with george washington. But then again I love just about every single presidential fight he had in that arc. Speaking of which can that please be the plot of the second movie? Just replace shield and the avengers with the x-men, and those that help him with cable and you're good to go.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Love Suicide Kings

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shake my head at the hypocrisy of Wolverine being decapitated while Deadpool comments on his power being popularity.

Deadpool has one of the most casual fanbases around, and he also gets to star in a PISfest where he can circumvent the rules of the Marvel U and somehow kill everybody just to show how awesome he is. Meh.

With that, I wonder if Batman, Superman and the Civil War vets will be getting best battles as well or is Deadpool's "popularity power" going to make him a special case?

Good point.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great article, gruesome man.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ah Deadpool kills the Marvel universe just as terrible and idiotic as when Punisher did it.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthdeadpool: By all means, dispute. This one word answer has me not even knowing what part you don't agree with.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Suicide Kings is a favourite of mine in terms of its actions, there were so many good fights in that series.

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: He got close enough because the entire story was just a badly written mess, so much PIS on so many heroes its like a fanfiction come to life. In the Prime Earth Wade would never be able to get that close to Peter. And plus Wade fanboys over Spider-Man so I dont even see why people bring up this VS so often.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: He got close enough because the entire story was just a badly written mess, so much PIS on so many heroes its like a fanfiction come to life. In the Prime Earth Wade would never be able to get that close to Peter. And plus Wade fanboys over Spider-Man so I dont even see why people bring up this VS so often.

Because it was in a comic book ONCE

You should look at Superman weaknesses/powers discussions, people will dredge stuff up from the 1930s and 40s about what Superman can and can't do

PrimeEarth2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Good god that doesnt surprise me, I barely know anything about DC but isnt all the stuff from the 30s and 40s not canon anymore now to current Supes? Dunno why ppl bring up stuff thats no longer relevent but yes one comic book is all it takes.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Good god that doesnt surprise me, I barely know anything about DC but isnt all the stuff from the 30s and 40s not canon anymore now to current Supes? Dunno why ppl bring up stuff thats no longer relevent but yes one comic book is all it takes.

Ah but that word "canon" is also a huge portion of discussion because some say it's canonical if it happened in any comic, even the different timelines, one-shots, what-ifs (or DC's version), unless otherwise stated.

Ultimately, it's why we have discussion boards, so we can discuss

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Suicide Kings" and "Wade Wilson's War"are still two of the best Deadpool stories I've ever read!

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does this mark the end of the best battles segment?? I didn't see one for this week.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.