Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3322 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool's Best and Weirdest Team-Ups

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Deadpool is a character that usually goes on merc missions alone. Part of the reason might be others simply don't want to put up with him for too long.

Despite this fact, Deadpool has managed to team-up with many different characters in the Marvel Universe. Here's a look at some of the most memorable and wacky team-ups he's been a part of.

The Avengers Unity Squad

No Caption Provided

Deadpool is currently an active member of the Avengers. For real. How can this be?

Because of his strange popularity in the Marvel universe, he's started selling Deadpool merchandise in order to help fund the Avengers Unity Squad. Members include Steve Rogers, the Human Torch, Rogue, Quicksilver, and others. The concept of Deadpool as an Avenger didn't sit too well with everyone. Spider-Man quit in the first issue because he didn't like the idea of being on a team with an unstable killer/mercenary.

Wolverine and Winter Soldier

No Caption Provided

In the Wolverine Origins series, Deadpool and Wolverine fiercely fought each other for several issues. Even though Deadpool was trying to kill Wolverine after a mysterious person hired him to do so, it turned out it was all a trick to lure Wolverine's son, Daken, out in the open. Wolverine and Bucky Barnes knew that if Deadpool was getting close to killing Wolverine, Daken would reveal himself, which allowed Bucky to make his move against Daken. It was all pretty brutal and messy, but that's how things usually get when Deadpool's involved.

Hellcow

No Caption Provided

In Deadpool Team-Up #885, Wade teamed up with...Hellcow. Hellcow is a vampiric cow that was created in the 70s. Deadpool had been kidnapped by a scientist looking to cure a deadly condition he was suffering from. He had been using the captured Hellcow to extend his life by drinking its pink demon milk. Deadpool and Hellcow worked together to defeat their captor and escape.

Unfortunately, while it looked like the beginning of a beautiful relationship, Deadpool led the way outdoors where the sun was shining brightly. The sun turned Hellcow into a hamburger patty which Deadpool proceeded to eat, despite declaring how much Hellcow would be missed.

X-Men

No Caption Provided

Deadpool has many dreams in life. One of them is being part of the X-Men even though he's not actually a mutant. In Deadpool & Cable #9, the X-Men agreed to work with Wade to stop Cable from unleashing an attack on the world. Deadpool was overjoyed and insisted on wearing an X-Men outfit--specifically, Jean Grey's original Marvel Girl costume. He claims it was to distract Cable.

Hercules

No Caption Provided

Deadpool found himself teaming up with Hercules in Deadpool Team-Up #899. The assassin Arcade has been losing business since Deadpool came onto the mercenary scene. Teaming up with Nightmare, lord of the dream dimension, they lure Deadpool and Hercules into a bizarre labyrinth that appears to defy normal physics.

When Deadpool had to fight a physical manifestation of his two other personalities, he figures out if he stabbs himself in the head and separated the left and right sides of his brain, Nightmare's illusions wouldn't work on him. This let Deadpool see they were really in one of Arcade's deathtrap rooms. Deadpool and Hercules later went to Tijuana to celebrate their victory.

Hawkeye

No Caption Provided

On Halloween, Deadpool and Hawkeye ended up getting involved in an attempt to stop two assassins who killed a seemingly innocent man. It turned out the man who was killed actually stole the human resource files for every active S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. With Clint sometimes working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the fact that Wade's daughter lives with an active S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, the two were forced to continue to work together to figure out what was going on.

Deadpool Corps

No Caption Provided

It's still hard to believe the Deadpool Corps was a real thing. The team consisted of Deadpools from alternate universes. Joining the 616 Universe Deadpool was Lady Deadpool, Zombie Deadpool Head (aka Headpool), Kidpool, and Dogpool.

They were brought together when the Contemplator, an Elder of the Universe, decided they were the only ones to handle a threat.

Bob, Agent of HYDRA

No Caption Provided

Even though Deadpool doesn't like Agent X and was accidentally shrunk to a small size with Pym Particles by Weasel, he's convinced to take on HYDRA to rescue Agent X. With some assistance from Weasel, he manages to infiltrate the HYDRA base.

Deadpool takes down one agent to obtain his access card and forces another one to act as his transport, shooting other agents along the way. It turns out this agent is Bob, the blogger guy Deadpool has read about. They find Agent X who was given arthritis through a HYDRA machine. Because the arthritis hurts so much, HYDRA also gave him a different genetic template called the "American Gene" which made him severely overweight.

Bob continues to help Deadpool, stating that he'd never be allowed back into HYDRA. Deadpool said they should let him back since he was forced to help. To drive the point home, he shoots Bob in the shoulder to prove he was forced to help them at gunpoint.

Much to Bob's dismay, the two have teamed up again several times.

Galactus

No Caption Provided

Deadpool needed money. He found an ad in the paper for a job as a Herald of Galactus. The job would require him to seek out and prepare planets to be devoured. Deadpool thought eating an entire planet was "pretty gangster" and was given a portion of the Power Cosmic.

Deadpool helped out Galactus for a bit but soon came up against a former Herald, Silver Surfer. After a long and intense fight, Deadpool was beat and decided to resign.

Marvel Super Heroes

No Caption Provided

In Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars, the Merc with a Mouth took a part in the 1984 crossover event, Secret Wars. A powerful being known as the Beyonder transported several heroes and villains in order to get them to fight. The winner would receive all they desired.

We don't remember Deadpool being in the original story, and things get really strange here.

Thanos

No Caption Provided

A lot of characters can't stand Deadpool. One character that really has a beef with him is Thanos. The Mad Titan is madly in love with Death. Death and Deadpool have sort of had a thing as well. Thanos was so bothered by this, he had a hand in making it so Deadpool couldn't die and actually be with Death.

When a diabolical scheme makes it so no one in the universe can die, Thanos is forced to work with Deadpool. He finds it hard to not go against his idea of Deadpool being unable to die.

Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Deadpool really really likes Spider-Man. Spider-Man can't stand Deadpool, but they have teamed up a few times. The two are currently teaming up again in the Spider-Man/Deadpool series. Deadpool has been hired to kill Spider-Man's current boss, Peter Parker. He's been lead to believe that Parker is up to some really evil things at Parker Industries. He's obviously unaware that Peter Parker is Spider-Man and simply pretending to be his own bodyguard. Deadpool's trying to figure out how to get Spider-Man to help him take out Parker.

Past encounters with the two have been both wacky and disturbing.

Cable

No Caption Provided

As much as Deadpool enjoys teaming up with Spider-Man, his number one partner will always be Cable. Much to Cable's dismay, the two have been practically joined at the hips on several occasions. They even had a fantastic series that ran 50 issues.

In the current Split Second series, we discover their relationship goes back further than Deadpool realized. Time travel was involved so of course it gets a little complicated. Deadpool wouldn't have it any other way.

Clearly this is not all of Deadpool's best and weirdest team-ups. What has been your favorite Deadpool team-up?

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really cool. I love me some deadpool and spiderman. I'm going to check out this current series, thanks

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

Best and Weirdest?

"Marvel Super Heroes"

So you basically named all of his team ups

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite was the return of the most under used team in comics!

Bruteforce!

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
    rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Ha. I love this article. Thanks!

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Protoflash

I liked his teamup with Madcap, AKA the entire Daniel Way run

galeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The art of "The Avengers Unity Squad" is awful.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My favorite was the return of the most under used team in comics!

Bruteforce!

No Caption Provided

Mine too! I was sure that this one would have been on his list.

Avatar image for divine_disorder
    Divine_Disorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Divine_Disorder

Deadpool & Deathstroke

No Caption Provided

Okay, they don't exactly team up, but I enjoyed their exchanges.

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Deadpool team-ups are when characters have to tell Deadpool that they didn't actually team-up.

No Caption Provided

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Deadpool married Santana. That has to be weird yet so fitting due to her outfits

Avatar image for constantine1610
    constantine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sorry, nothing tops this one for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What has been your favorite Deadpool team-up?

No Caption Provided

I doubt this is a popular opinion, but I like the grey costume more than the red one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp:That's the reason I like it so much. UXF is one of my favorite comic runs of all time (and one of only two where I have the single-volume collection).

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the whole Iceman being gay thing gets more awkward considering that Deadpool comment

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

How could you leave out Wolverine and Cap from Good, Bad, and Ugly? For shame! I'm a big fan of Cable and Hawkeye as well.

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

One of my favorite Deadpool moments Uncanny X-Force, Deadpool feeding himself to Archangel to keep him alive.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
    Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: brute force was this old series that had animals in exo suits. It was fun concept but the comic was over all meh.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe: They were created by Marvel and not bought through another company like Angela was transferred from Image to Marvel?

Also, this feels like one of those concepts that should have been used by Marvel in television instead.

superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: they were created by marvel. But from what I can tell they changed a lot with the deadpool team up. They made them lot more funny

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Let's not forget his team-up with Great Lakes Avengers (much to their dismay).

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimate_knight: they were created by marvel. But from what I can tell they changed a lot with the deadpool team up. They made them lot more funny

So...it is a good thing to you?

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool and Stan Lee.

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

kendigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some of you fine peoples give me your favorite Deadpool/Cable team-ups or storylines. Maybe some trades I can pick up?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.