Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3321 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Deadpool isn't Deadpool Anymore

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By RUKM

Now that his Healing factor and scarring are gone, What reason does wade have to be insane anymore? That is what i loved about mr. Wilson is that he had a total disregard for his safety and life because he didn't need to worry about dying. I really hate the direction they are taking him hopefully a reboot comes along shortly. What do you think of this newly redefined Deadpool?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

Hm. I haven't read it. I don't see much point to it though.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I don't think it will last long. He will be back to 'normal' soon enough.

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RUKM

@BiteMe-Fanboy: How do you think they will pull it off. Time Travel or Another Dimension?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

He is still insane...He's practically the same..Just with no healing factor and no scars.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

No clue. They will do something though.

rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Someone please explain to me what happened to Deadpool and why his healing factor has gone? I honestly have no idea what's going on with him currently.

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RUKM

@Primmaster64: I know but why would he still be insane what reason does he have?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RUKM: Because he's Deadpool. :)

A person can be pretty and still be insane. If he does have his healing factor back..I want him to remain looking like that.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Healing Factor is the most poorly written super power next to superhuman speed and precognition. I think it's better for writing that he doesn't have it. Street levelers with healing factor on the level of Deadpool and Wolverine never made sense to me. They are never in any real danger, what's the fun in that?

Shadow_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Shadow_Thief

Deadpool hasn't been Deadpool for a very long time, as far as I'm concerned. He went from what you would get if you mixed up the best parts of Spider-Man and Snake-Eyes to an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RUKM

@Vance Astro: It caters to some but mostly takes the drama out of a book when the person can't die. That is why i read Wolverine solely for the Action.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By majestic99

Deadpool hasn't been Deadpool for a very long time, as far as I'm concerned. He went from what you would get if you mixed up the best parts of Spider-Man and Snake-Eyes to an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Kallarkz

@Vance Astro said:

Healing Factor is the most poorly written super power next to superhuman speed and precognition. I think it's better for writing that he doesn't have it. Street levelers with healing factor on the level of Deadpool and Wolverine never made sense to me. They are never in any real danger, what's the fun in that?

Whats the difference between those characters and say Batman for instance?

Yes they seem like they are in danger and yes they do get hurt...but we all know they will heal.

Any type of danger they are in we all know is only temporary. Batman goes out to stop a guy pointing a gun at him but are we truly afraid that this could be the end of Batman?

Whether he dodges it....suit deflects it....gun jams... Tihs is simply the illusion of danger that we all know almost never has any real consequences.

Even when Batman was suffering in the court of owls little maze we all knew he would eventually get out get well and get revenge.

The only difference is that we see them heal a few panels quicker.

Truth be told most of the time Batman is in the same level of danger as Thor.

IIDEADxPOOLII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IIDEADxPOOLII

Deadpool hasn't been Deadpool since the end of the Joe Kelly run.

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By EnigmaDope

@Renchamp said:

Sanity is not something that is turned on and off. He has no choice to be crazy. He isn't crazy because his healing factor gave him that choice. He's crazy because he could do almost anything with little consequence, dealt with unreal amounts of pain, and did his best to conceal most of it. You can't undo that just by taking away his healing factor. If anything, him being crazy but no super ability to heal could make him more interesting to read because he finally has to face consequences. Can be as funny, cannot be as consequence-free reckless.

I agree, I just find it annoying that the only thing that made him mutant they took away, it's stupid.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

Healing Factor is the most poorly written super power next to superhuman speed and precognition. I think it's better for writing that he doesn't have it. Street levelers with healing factor on the level of Deadpool and Wolverine never made sense to me. They are never in any real danger, what's the fun in that?

Deadpool is cursed to be immortal, dont matter what happen powers or no powers, he cant die.

Also, Deadpool was one of the few characters that dont have Character Shield to the extreme, he and Batman had Semi Activated Shield, that what make them cool.

Now Marvel will go Full Activated Shield on Deadpool, what Deadpool needs is the writter stop making him and idiot/fool/insane clown, not take his powers.

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RUKM

@EnigmaDope: Exactly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.