Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Can Deadpool Die?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ranvage

As I recall, the only way to kill someone with a healing factor is to cut their oxygen supply. Which can achievable by cutting one’s head, for example.

In the Deadpool first series, Thanos wouldn’t let Wade die. Since the Titan was also in love with Death, he cursed the merc with life itself, rendering him immortality. Yet, there’ve been a decade since he last appeared in a Deadpool comic, or was even mentioned, making us wonder, did marvel forget their own storyline?

Now days the writers apply the healing factor itself as the reason Deadpool can’t die, and it’s ridiculous because it makes not only Wade, but Wolverine, Agent X and much others invincible. He restored himself from a headshot and an utterly body explosion induced by a vicious case of HULK SMASH.

I want to know if I’m missing something, because the idea of an army of immortal characters doesn’t sound very pleasing to me.

Can anyone explain me if DP can die and How? Or maybe the one missing something is Marvel itself.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By cyberninja

Well there was this one time he died fighting thunderbolts!( head cut off) but he came back to life after black widow sowed his head back on, so I guess he could die, but the real question is, will Marvel kill Deadpool (forever)? and the answer is no.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Chaos Prime
    @cyberninja said:

Well there was this one time he died fighting thunderbolts!( head cut off) but he came back to life after black widow sowed his head back on, so I guess he could die, but the real question is, will Marvel kill Deadpool (forever)? and the answer is no.

Dam it ;-)
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

Deadpool should essentially be immune to death, all of these instances with his head seem to be inconsistent since he has regenerated his head before.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Locking- dupe thread http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/29-7606/can-deadpool-die/92-639781/#5

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.