theacidskull's Deadpool #9 - The Devil & the Deep Blue Sea review

Avatar image for theacidskull
  • theacidskull wrote this review on .
  • theacidskull has written a total of 210 reviews. The last one was for

MUST....RESIST...Urge....TO JOKE!

When you got to the store and Pick up a deadpool book, what are you naturally expecting ? major Plot twists and development? maybe some serious Noire Themes? well if you are expecting anything other than pure hilarious fun, you know jack about deadpool.

This book, i pure, amazing fun, but it's not just that, there is actually a story behind all of it, and it's quite awesome. I'd usually use the world brilliant, but awesome seems to fit deadpool more. Now, where were we? ah yes, the idea that deadpool is actually sharing a body with someone else could be insane, and stupid, but for some odd reason it works really well! Preston is deadpool conscience! and it kind of sets waid on the right path!

i love the supporting characters as well, they are so insane and incredible at the same time, at first i though they came in for the laughs as a gag, but they are slowly getting established as characters. Deadpools mind is also very interesting, there are some places Preston is not allowed to go into, some secrets you're keeping waid?

The Main villain is cool as well, deadpool being associated a demon is not only hilarious, but it's dangerous and fun too. i mean, there isn't many who can actually kill deadpool right? and this guy, despite being kind of a looser as a demon, makes a serious threat for deadpool and his friends. The odd the main heroes are stacked against is also impossible to deal with too, it's like there in a room with spiked closing in on them, so deadpool struggles at doing the right thing , because it is much easier for him to do something stupid and take the easy route.

Also, the aquman gag made me loose it. haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Recommendation: you'll have a lot of fun!