themaskedhero's Deadpool #9 - Hard to Get review

Avatar image for themaskedhero

Deadpool : 90% Madness , 10% Sexual Tension, 10% All Man

I was lucky that I have a hold file at my local comic book store because this issue sold out in less than an hour and when I got there I thought the release date might have just been an April Fool's Joke. But it wasn't so I won't bore you with that.

Deadpool finds himself where we left him in Thuderbolts #130, seducing Black Widow, Yelena Belova. And seemingly doing an excellent job of it. While they only have a brief moment for him to lay on the charm before he has to teleport away, he gets all the way to a knee to the crotch, to which he responds, "That is a gun in my pants. But that doesn't mean I'm not happy to see you." Classic.

Deadpool proves he's a thinker by bring Taskmaster into the mix and using him as a body double (for comic effect, they keep using the teleporter to switch off flirting with Black Widow) while he fights the Thunderbolts sans Black Widow. The relationship between Wade and Yelena is pretty funny because while I'd like to believe Wade has the ability to be a sweetheart, you know she would never give this guy the time of day.

There's a pretty good cliffhanger, the art looks great, Paco does a great job with the Thuderbolts and the story is wrapping up nicely on Dan Way's end. My guess is if you liked either of the lead-ins, you have this book. If it sold out, Marvel will reprint it, so wait for that or the TPB.

Done.