gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

The more we get to know Marcus Lopez and the other students, the deeper the story gets. Last issue Marcus and fellow classmate Willie were trying to complete an assignment in killing someone that deserved to die. Things quickly escalated and now we’re left seeing what the repercussions are. Now that Marcus has spent some time at the school, he’s starting to form connections with the others.

When Marcus and the others take a road trip, it’s a time for more connections to be made. But what will the cost be? Since we're dealing with kids here, the best decisions are not always made.

Throughout their adventure, Rick Remender continues to flesh out this world, capturing just the right little references to remind us of the time period. We also see who the kids are and what activities they prefer to partake in.

Wes Craig keeps killing it in the art department. Due to certain circumstances, the story requires some pretty intense visuals. The art and colors capture the moment and could serve as a warning against certain activities. Seeing the kids away from the school setting opens up the world and as other forces begin to converge upon them, you can’t help but want more.

The Bad

No complaints. The story takes a little detour and we move into a different setting. This keeps readers on edge and there’s no telling what will happen next.

The Verdict

It’s hard to believe that a book about a bunch of kids going to school to learn how to be assassins can be so endearing. Rick Remender and Wes Craig set out to deliver a sort of coming of age story with a dark twist. They are absolutely succeeding. The book takes us into dark corners and there’s no shying away from what they might do or want to do. Craig’s visuals keep up with the pace of the story as it switches from high and low moments. All the while, you feel something even darker headed towards the kids. We’re only four issues in but this is a series I’m glad to have been reading from the start. I can’t imagine not reading this book.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This series = so good

comicbookfan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

THE ART IS FREAKIN BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

My favourite issue yet

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Happy other people are enjoying this book as much as me. I hope the sales are good because I want to be reading this for a long time.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been reading this, but will definitely pick up the first trade. Assuming I like it, I'll hop on the monthly bandwagon. Rick Remender has been absolutely killing it on his creator owned books. Black Science is amazing, and probably my favorite book right now. I'm also looking forward to the upcoming Low.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DougCL

my store didnt get any of this book this week, but they say theyll have it next wednesday. i cant wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.