An exhaustive collection featuring the World's Greatest Super-Heroes as interpreted by one of the most acclaimed authors in comics. The work of Alan Moore in the DCU during the 1980s is considered a benchmark for great stories with fresh approaches to iconic characters. Collected in this volume are all of Moore's Superman and Batman stories, including the long out-of-print "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" as well as, for the first time in trade paperback, Batman: The Killing Joke (illustrated by Brian Bolland, who provides a new cover).
This TPB collects the DC work of Alan Moore, including:
- Action Comics (1938) #584
- Batman (1940) Annual 11
- Batman: The Killing Joke (1988) #1
- DC Comics Presents (1978) #85
- Detective Comics (1937) #549 & #550
- Green Lantern (1960) #188
- Secret Origins (1986) #10
- Superman (1939) Annual 11
- Superman (1939) #423
- Tales of the Green Lantern Corps (1981) Annual #2 & 3
- The Omega Men (1983) #26 & #27
- Vigilante (1983) #17 & #18
The stories herein do not appear alphabetically. Moore's work on Swamp Thing's own series is included in that character's own series of trade paperback collections, though Swamp Thing does appear in the DC Comics Presents # 85 story. DC Comics published a second trade showcasing Moore's work in 2012.