Follow

DC Rebirth

Concept » DC Rebirth appears in 82 issues.

Rebirth is a company-wide relaunch of DC Comics titles incorporating pre-Flashpoint and New 52 continuity.

Did the New 52 top Rebirth in anything?

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Simple question: is there anything from the new 52 that's better than what Rebirth is doing? I'm talking anything. It can be the smallest thing, like the treatment of a side character. Another way of looking at this would be: has Rebirth changed anything that you want back?

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the New 52 had a bunch of Cassandra Cain and Rebirth has no Cassandra Cain, so there's that. Give me more Cassandra Cain!

Oh and more Larfleeze. I adored his series in New 52.

I'm blanking on anything else.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only thing the New 52 did better than Rebirth is create a mass of unhappiness and an extreme divide amongst fans. Rebirth fixed that and reunited the fans and made everyone who counts happy. Rebirth is a blessing.

Well the New 52 had a bunch of Cassandra Cain and Rebirth has no Cassandra Cain, so there's that. Give me more Cassandra Cain!

Oh and more Larfleeze. I adored his series in New 52.

I'm blanking on anything else.

Rebirth has Cassandra Cain....shes in Detective Comics.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pre 52 wally :D

gave fans what they deserve

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidchipotle: Oh crap! Really?!? Guess I need to start picking up Detective Comics then.

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman maybe?

FreedomZebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FreedomZebra

@titing2101: Wally's a great part of Rebirth, but is there anything from the new 52 that you thought was particularly good?

@kidchipotle: Nothing at all? Really? I love Rebirth, but it isn't perfect.

Personally, I don't like the set-up of the Bat titles. I don't want Robin in every Batman issue, but I do appreciate the partnership, which is why I thought it was cool that we had a separate Batman & Robin title. In Rebirth, Detective Comics is supposed to handle the team stuff, but Robin (Damian) still gets the shaft and the main title is full of team ups anyway.

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Court of Owls was definitely better than the first volume of Batman Rebirth.

I thought the first volume of New 52 Justice League was also better than the first Rebirth volume but I guess the Kindred have more potential going forward and neither were mind blowing to begin with.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now Justice League was more interesting in N52 than Rebirth, besides that only a few runs that could be considered slightly better but nothing remarkable tbh.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlueHope

No, new 52 was the second biggest failure for DC in recent decades, there was not even a good reason for this reboot unlike coie and Showcase #4 retcon, those characters were completelly fine that way.

I mean... make superman torture people to get information that he didn't even know if they were innocent or not?Turning Wally into a lil punk?Making Lobo a competelly serious character???

solidus021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, there are 2 things that the New 52 produced better than Rebirth and those are the main Batman title and Batman's suit. Tom King's run on Batman is mediocre personally and I don't like the new Batsuit. Everything else is good to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.