Who should be in the Green Lantern Corps movie?

Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) 2 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Who should be in the Green Lantern Corps movie? (22 votes)

Hal Jordan (Abin Sur's replacement) 77%
Guy Gardner (Sinestro's replacement) 41%
John Stewart (Tomar Re's replacement) 64%
Sinestro 68%
Carol Ferris (Pre-Star Sapphire) 59%
Kilowog 68%
Hector Hammond (Orange Ophidian) 0%
Atrocitus (Red Butcher) 32%
Larflezze (Agent Orange) 23%
Bleez 14%
Abin Sur 41%
Ganthet 59%
Manhunters 18%
Krona (cameo) 14%
Scar (cameo) 9%
Tomar Re 36%
Arkillo (Sinestro Corps) 32%
Enkafos (SInestro Corps) 18%
Soranik Natu (SInestro Corps) 23%
Weaponers 5%
Ranx (Yellow City) 9%
Mojo (Green Planet) 27%
Karu-Sil (Sinestro Corps) 9%
Laira (Green gone Red) 14%
Greykil (Red Planet) 5%
Skallox (Red Lantern) 5%
Zilius Zox (Red Lantern) 5%
Judge Sheko (Red Lantern) 5%
Vice (Red Lantern) 5%
Dex-Starr (Atrocitus' pet) 18%

If the Green Lantern Corps movie is going to have three Green Lanterns then it needs to be a grand scale movie like Star Wars big so who should be in it?

#1 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

I made some obvious choices but I want to hear ur opinions.

#2 Posted by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Hal, Guy, Sinestro, Kilwog, Abin Sur, Ganthet, Manhunters, Arkillo and Soranik. I'd like to see the Sinestro Corps as villains but that might be better for a sequel. Manhunters would be cool.

#3 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

@theexile285: Manhunters give birth to the Red Lantern Corps. I figured for the first movie to draw in an audience, there could be an all out galactic war between three major lantern corps. Agent Orange is basically a one man army so maybe he doesn't count. Green vs Yellow then Green and Yellow vs Red.

#4 Edited by apokos7 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan (of course), Sinestro, Kilowog, Ganthet, Tomar Re and Mogo. Don't start by going too colorful. Focus on Hal and Sinestro and possibly the entire Green versus Yellow, but keep it at that. Keep Manhunters, Red and possibly Blue Lanterns for a second movie.

#5 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

@apokos7: I suppose u have a point. I was trying to avoid the whole war between just Green and Yellow since it was kinda done in the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds but it was down played dramatically.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
#6 Posted by darkdetective27 (7953 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal, Guy, John, Sinestro, Star Sapphire (Id rather see her than just as Carol), Kilowog, Abin Sur, Krona, Scar, Tomar Re, Akrillo, Enfakos, Soranik Natu, Ranx, Mojo, Karu-Sil, and Laira.

#7 Posted by apokos7 (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: I see what you mean, but the 2011 Green Lantern movie was more of an origin story, down to Earth, with Hector Hammond and Sinestro still being Green. The 2020 Corps movie should pick up where the 2011 movie left off with Sinestro crafting the Yellow Ring and creating the Sinestro Corps. We just have to forget that Parallax was that dark-clouded figure and make him a bright yellow bug again and we don't even need a reboot. Then after 2-3 years we get Reds and Blues and after that another movie with the rest of the spectrum, Blackest Night or something like it.

#8 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

@apokos7: I would have agreed with u that a reboot isn't necessary after the Green Lantern movie but WB wants everyone to forget it.

#9 Posted by Critic (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Kyle Rayner

#10 Posted by zaied (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman as a Yellow Lantern.

#11 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

@critic: Kyle will come when Hal goes rogue and becomes Parallax. One ring per sector, my friend. Kyle Rayner being a White Lantern can come later.

#12 Posted by Critic (269 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: but shouldn't we still have the option? Personally I think that Hal should sit out the DCCU after the GL disaster. It's a lot easier convincing an audience to accept a different character with the same name than it is the same character. It's not like the movie will follow the comics exactly (or at all).

#13 Posted by N00beditor3 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

It's extremely obvious John will be in this with Hal. There's a reason they titled it "Green Lantern CORPS" this time. A bunch of people were confused when the first one came out and the lead was not the same GL they remembered from the Justice League cartoon, so now they're trying to have their cake and eat it too by having Hal and John in the same film.

That's probably what they should have done the first time.

#14 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaied: it was done on arkham City. He didn't look too flattering in yellow. Blue or red definitely go well with his suit

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#15 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner

#16 Posted by FoldingChair (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it should start small, save the other corps for future movies. Hal and Kilowog are a nice way to start but if another Earth lantern is in, I would go with John.

#17 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on where in the GL timeline the film takes place.

I'd love to see Kyle as GL with Hal already Parallax.

#18 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz?

#19 Posted by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the first GLC to be against the Atrocitus/Red Lanterns and for Sinestro to still be a Green Lantern. Set up his fall for a Sinestro Corps sequel.

#20 Posted by RavenVice01 (4381 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.