Should DCEU Wonder Woman be bisexual?

• 82 results
ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should DCEU Wonder Woman be bisexual? (113 votes)

Yes 41%
No 58%

Should DCEU Wonder Woman be bisexual?

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure why not?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Really don't care, it's not like it'll destroy the character or anything.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Why do I get the feeling the only reason some people would want her bi is because girl on girl is "hot"?

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It makes sense, but I rather them do a poor straight relationship then do a poor betrayal of her being bisexual. If done right I would not mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that someone mentions it. I wonder how Wonder Woman and Themyscira will be handled? Considering the DCEU has gone in other and unpredictable directions. Anyway, I guess I wouldn't mind. But I am neither for it or against it.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Make her transgender LEL

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU Wonder Woman and DCEU Harley Quinn

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Really don't care, it's not like it'll destroy the character or anything.

Lichter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because Wonder Woman shouldn't be remembered by her sexuality, but by her fighting prowess and strong moral center. You make her bi? That's all people will think about.

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nobody should do anything , we do thing cause we want to or feel we have to

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I'm not against it but I fear it would be handled poorly.

XavierMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that was a given. Although I heard her and Bats might have a thing in the cinematic universe.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would make a certain sense I suppose, but I think having her character be bisexual might actually have people more focused on the "shock value" of her sexuality than her character (I think someone else said similar). I think it's something that might (if handled correctly and WELL written) be slowly built up to in the comics, if it's to be done.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Nah but Batman should be.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should be recast first

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A simpler question would be - Why should Wonder Woman be bisexual,

y'know if that's not part of her story

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Are there really no more pressing matters on the matter of the potrayal of an iconic character?

Okay, here the answer no. Unless we have moved on to a perfect world were it doesn't matter when I wasn't looking. Wonder woman is supposed to be a female icon and strong rolemodel which she can't be in our current world,if she is bi because people would focus more on that and play her up as the definitiv bisexual character.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make her a man while we're at it

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'd watch that.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. She never was to begin with. What kind of question is this anyway?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Are there really no more pressing matters on the matter of the potrayal of an iconic character?

Okay, here the answer no. Unless we have moved on to a perfect world were it doesn't matter when I wasn't looking. Wonder woman is supposed to be a female icon and strong rolemodel which she can't be in our current world,if she is bi because people would focus more on that and play her up as the definitiv bisexual character.

Exactly, she's already burdened with token female...

One quota at a time, people.

@black_wreath said:

Nah but Batman should be.

No Caption Provided

I concede defeat.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called a threesome

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1: Because WW grew up in a island full of women who had sex with each other. It would make sense if WW did grew up to be a lesbian. The only problem is the annoying backlash from homophobe, people calling it sexist and people focusing on her bisexuality and what it means. It be like when Green Lanter turn gay all over again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@stupid1: Because WW grew up in a island full of women who had sex with each other. It would make sense if WW did grew up to be a lesbian. The only problem is the annoying backlash from homophobe, people calling it sexist and people focusing on her bisexuality and what it means. It be like when Green Lanter turn gay all over again.

When did this happen?

My point is - why change a character to suit political pandering, as in, if she wasn't written to be that way, then why should she be onscreen

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: The only lesbian lovers I have heard of on the island is Hippolyta and her assassin (I don't remember her name).

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1 said:
@jgames said:

When did this happen?

My point is - why change a character to suit political pandering, as in, if she wasn't written to be that way, then why should she be onscreen

In Earth one they did mention this, not everybody have sex with each other, some female have sex with each other, but you can see some lesbian in the island, especially Aphrodite. Also again it is a island full of women, so yes it would make sense. Character have always have new interpretation, and changing one sexual orientation won't ruin the character as long as it is not force. I mean Batfleck kills people, but he has a reason. It can be seen that Bruce Wayne is psychological unstable, Which is staying true to his character and felt like a good what if character. Granted most people don't care aside from people who read the comic, since Batman has kill plenty of time on screen.

The point is it makes sense, but people saying is for political pandering is the reason why I would not want that to happen. People will be just arguing about something that doesn't destroy her character if she is or isn't , it just cause a flame war, and people saying stupid stuff like political pandering.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

In Earth one they did mention this, not everybody have sex with each other, some female have sex with each other, but you can see some lesbian in the island, especially Aphrodite. Also again it is a island full of women, so yes it would make sense. Character have always have new interpretation, and changing one sexual orientation won't ruin the character as long as it is not force. I mean Batfleck kills people, but he has a reason. It can be seen that Bruce Wayne is psychological unstable, Which is staying true to his character and felt like a good what if character. Granted most people don't care aside from people who read the comic, since Batman has kill plenty of time on screen.

That is the point - you are mentioning an earth 1 story, which isn't canonical and saying that; that should be her screen persona

Even people who love Batman and enjoyed the film lost a step or two; when it came to speaking about him killing people, and no, there aren't reasons - he just kills them

Personally I think people were put off with BvS because of its edginess - where Batfleck came out and said that he wouldn't want his kids to see the film, well Batfleck, you've made the film wrong then

Killer Batman, miserable Superman & bisexual Wonder Woman - 'you know what guys, I'll get my own family out of this burning building and you stay right there'

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stupid1 said:
@jgames said:

That is the point - you are mentioning an earth 1 story, which isn't canonical and saying that; that should be her screen persona

Even people who love Batman and enjoyed the film lost a step or two; when it came to speaking about him killing people, and no, there aren't reasons - he just kills them

Personally I think people were put off with BvS because of its edginess - where Batfleck came out and said that he wouldn't want his kids to see the film, well Batfleck, you've made the film wrong then

Killer Batman, miserable Superman & bisexual Wonder Woman - 'you know what guys, I'll get my own family out of this burning building and you stay right there'

Wait, you equating killer and miserable to being bisexual...... No, just no. Apparently being gay mean not kid friendly, which one I don't want all my superhero movie to be kid friendly, and second, is because people like you equating bisexuality as a negative attribute, that makes me cringe.

Also losing a person to someone you didn't kill is apparently not a reason, nice to know.

This is why I don't want WW to be bisexual, because then I have to see stupid comment like this. Just going to stop.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Make her a transracial and transgernder person who identifies as an apache helicopter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Wait, you equating killer and miserable to being bisexual...... No, just no. Apparently being gay mean not kid friendly, which one I don't want all my superhero movie to be kid friendly, and second, is because people like you equating bisexuality as a negative attribute, that makes me cringe.

Also losing a person to someone you didn't kill is apparently not a reason, nice to know.

This is why I don't want WW to be bisexual, because then I have to see stupid comment like this. Just going to stop.

I haven't equated killer & miserable to bisexual - you may cringe all you want, but do not misrepresent what I have said

Warner Bros have to make a decision - whether they want an adult orientated franchise or profit. That is a decision that isn't mine to make, however a kid unfriendly film with Superman is idiocy in my eyes, as this should be 'the' character to inspire morals early on in children

Just because Bruce lost his family years ago does not give him the right to kill people now - that makes him out of control, which is the antithesis of his character

Also regarding stupid comments - have you seen my username?

strangetales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do I get the feeling the only reason some people would want her bi is because girl on girl is "hot"?

That would be the only reason I would want her to be bi

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this exactly something odd? She was surrounded and raised on an Island full of Women, she most likely would have an attraction to a female but even in the DCAU she was attracted to men as well. It probably would stand to reason that she finds both sexes attractive.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's not influence the chilluns

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

@georgewbush said:

How is this exactly something odd? She was surrounded and raised on an Island full of Women, she most likely would have an attraction to a female but even in the DCAU she was attracted to men as well. It probably would stand to reason that she finds both sexes attractive.

Oye every time I hear this nonsense. Thats like saying a gay man in a island of only of females would suddenly be strait or bi. You are what you are and environment only comes into play if something was already there to build on.

ok want to make up assumptions? How about this. You ever think part of the reason she wanted to get away from the island so bad is because there were no options of sexual attraction for her there?

That sounded more antagonistic than I intended and I didn't mean to make it see like it's just directed at you. You were just the lasted to say something like that.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idc if it would make sense. Just no.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#44  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I don't care either way --- shit's not canon to the main version anyway, so I wouldn't mind a change of scenery in a parallel universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichter said:

No, because Wonder Woman shouldn't be remembered by her sexuality, but by her fighting prowess and strong moral center. You make her bi? That's all people will think about.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jgames

@dernman: straight men had have sex with other men in the past where traveling on seas took months. Granted the Amazon are not horny mens, but you would think some of them would experiment. Although to be fair they do see themselve as a family for the most part, but that doesn't stop some amazon before. I mean it makes more sense then Green Lantern being gay.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@dernman: straight men had have sex with other men in the past where traveling on seas took months. Granted the Amazon are not horny mens, but you would think some of them would experiment. Although to be fair they do see themselve as a family for the most part, but that doesn't stop some amazon before. I mean it makes more sense then Green Lantern being gay.

Loading Video...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@dernman: straight men had have sex with other men in the past where traveling on seas took months.=

Did you you just hear what you said? Straight men.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By poeticwarrior

@dernman said:
@jgames said:

@dernman: straight men had have sex with other men in the past where traveling on seas took months.=

Did you you just hear what you said? Straight men.

Prisoners have sex with each other all the time, not even just rape, but actually consensual. You think that there are that many gay guys in prison or they do it out of desperation? There are many guys engage in gay relationship but when they're out of prison, they get married to women and have children and a normal life.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.