Follow

Worlds of DC

Concept » Worlds of DC appears in 19 issues.

DC Comics' shared universe of live-action films, which began with Man of Steel.

If anything will kill the DCEU, it WON'T be Snyder, it will be the dumb*sses at Warner Bros.

• 87 results
    Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

http://batman-news.com/2016/04/30/zack-snyder-warner-bros-fight-justice-league/

First Seth Grahame -Smith leaves over "creative differences" (just another way of saying WB meddles too much).

Then there are talks of the Aquaman director leaving.

Now Snyder and WB are butting heads.

YOU HIRED THESE DIRECTORS FOR THEIR CREATIVE VISION! Now get the crap out of their way and let them do their thing. You can't try to interfere with everything. BvS faced the same problem back in 2013 and '14.

WB needs to get their crap together. Rebooting won't fix anything with these same morons at the head.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2 JediXMan  Moderator

I agree. BvS was their attempt to hastily put together a larger DCEU rather than let it grow naturally through solo movies.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Why not blame everyone. Seems like the logical thing as it really is no one persons fault the DCEU is a disaster that is just waiting to collapse upon itself.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By jumpstart55

Wow..so i guess all the negative backlash BvS got from critics and general audiences has Warner Brothers scared and shook. lmao Their so scared now, like oh crap did we make a mistake hiring Snyder? I think this decision if they do decide to fire Snyder and everybody else and completely change house will either make or break The DCEU. We could end up with something Even worse then BVS a movie like the F4 Reboot,Green Lantern or Amazing Spider-man 2 ( if they become too involved in movies creative process) Or on the other hand we could end up with a movie like The Avengers, Guardians of The Galaxy or X-men Days of Future past(If they step back and allow the creative talents to work). I,m hoping its the latter. And i liked Man of Steel but all the mixed reception should have told WB from day one that Maybe Snyders not the guy to helm an entire movie universe/Franchise especially one that cost well over 200 million to fund and produce..Warner Brothers needs to hire quality directors that have proven themselves with both critical and financial hits..They really need a Spielberg and they especially need A Kevin Feige.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

from_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should never have hired Snyder for MOS in the first place. After average reception of MOS, they rehired him for BVS. After bad reception of BVS, they are allowing him to direct Justice League. Snyder is a problem but it was Warner Bros who allowed him to direct these movies in the first place. So yeah, you are right in a way.

IHateAnimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IHateAnimu

Remember, this is the company that nearly had cast Nicholas Cage as Superman, allowed Batman & Robin to be made, allowed Shaq to play Steel, that made Green Lanturn, and made numerous other terrible terrible comic book movies. Yes, yes, yes, they made all the Batman movies but that was more because they got good directors and let them do their thing.

They're not vary good at making these kinds of films. Quite frankly the only company that 'gets' this stuff is Disney/Marvel. These kind of "cinematic universes" need to be heavily controlled by the producers and the producers at warner bros. have, for the last twenty+ years, no clue as to make a good superhero/comic book movie.

the only good thing to remember about this is that, for as bad as WB is at this crap, they're not nearly as bad as Paramount is.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yeah pretty much

DC needs what Marvel has, it's own studio under their control

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SilverPool

I think these rumors may be exaggerated, but it wouldn't surprise me if after BvS they're trying to be more controlling of their films. Even if the studio was part of BvS's problem.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU got problems.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well they did hire them for their creative vision but aren't they the ones who's vision gave us MoS and BvS? So it's kind of a double edged sword.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need a Kevin Feige. Probably too late though. I really like Snyder. And I'm confident David Ayer will deliver. He's a good dude. I personally blame that damn sasquatch.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@silkyballfro94 said:

They need a Kevin Feige. Probably too late though. I really like Snyder. And I'm confident David Ayer will deliver. He's a good dude. I personally blame that damn sasquatch.

Sasquatch? Who's that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
    deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Who would steal thirty bags of lunches?

I'll tell you who it was. It was that damn Sasquatch.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@jedixman: true, but who do we blame for Eisenberg?

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

He was his own good villain. Just not a good representation of Lex.

QuitHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think Snyder isn't that guy to lead an expanded cinematic universe like this, especially when they're competing with the MCU, but I agree that WB needs to step back.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that production decisions can no longer have (significant) weight on B v S box office performance, Snyder should let it go, if he really likes this characters he needs to acknowledge that movies are not only successful by how much money they make in the box office, the other big part of the equation is the positive hype to keep audiences interested in the future stories, and B v S hype for JL is very questionable... I am not saying that he should be blamed more for B v S lack of appeal than WB, but would be wise from his part to know that even if he makes a fantastic JL, his name attached to the movie can be more relevant than the quality/appeal itself... If Snyder drops JL by his own will and become just producer, WB should rethink and reschedule the DC movie slate, they are still in time to make some behind the scenes decisions count, so that the Dceu can have more solid foundations!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

They should never have hired Snyder for MOS in the first place. After average reception of MOS, they rehired him for BVS. After bad reception of BVS, they are allowing him to direct Justice League. Snyder is a problem but it was Warner Bros who allowed him to direct these movies in the first place. So yeah, you are right in a way.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't believe the Wan rumors at all.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@from_beyond said:

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Now that production decisions can no longer have (significant) weight on B v S box office performance, Snyder should let it go, if he really likes this characters he needs to acknowledge that movies are not only successful by how much money they make in the box office, the other big part of the equation is the positive hype to keep audiences interested in the future stories, and B v S hype for JL is very questionable... I am not saying that he should be blamed more for B v S lack of appeal than WB, but would be wise from his part to know that even if he makes a fantastic JL, his name attached to the movie can be more relevant than the quality/appeal itself... If Snyder drops JL by his own will and become just producer, WB should rethink and reschedule the DC movie slate, they are still in time to make some behind the scenes decisions count, so that the Dceu can have more solid foundations!

Good post, though I slightly agree on some points, but mainly on Snyder's name. Snyder isn't Michael Bay, Tyler Perry, Tarantino, Nolan, or any other well known director. Outside of Comic fans and big fans of movies in general, no one really knows who he is. Sure, his movies are very well known, but he himself, not so much.

The_BladeWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For once, I'm glad that the Batman panic button didn't work.

MoS2 should have been a Solo Superman movie.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Good post, though I slightly agree on some points, but mainly on Snyder's name. Snyder isn't Michael Bay, Tyler Perry, Tarantino, Nolan, or any other well known director. Outside of Comic fans and big fans of movies in general, no one really knows who he is. Sure, his movies are very well known, but he himself, not so much.

Not sure if after direct B v S a director can still have the unknown status, but my main point circumvents that aspect, one of the reasons why comic book properties have so much potential/appeal in the current era its due to the fans, not in the sense that we (less than 1% of the GA) are going to support all the box office (lol), but in the sense that currently we can (passionately) create hype in social media about this projects, highlighting them a lot more than other big blockbusters without established fan bases... And like you said we (cb fans) all know Snyder and even some of the Dc more enthusiastic fans are apprehensive for Snyder's Justice League... Independently of the content (from what i learned about cb fans reactions) i could almost guess that the reaction to a Snyder Justice League teaser/trailer will be more negative than if other director was attached to this future movie...Then what will the fans do in social media regarding this movie??? There is also the JL budget variable, not sure how much money the WB executives will give Snyder for this movie, if you ask me i would say they would put a lot more money in the project if directed by for ex. George Miller, and they also could go in the marketing campaign with the line from the director of Mad Max Fury Road, with Snyder this lines are complicated... In the end the Justice League first live action interpretation means a lot in the comic book community and i am not sure if Snyder still has the necessary conditions to execute this project in the highest level ala Jurassic World, Star Wars and Avengers... Like it deserves...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

No, you can't just detach peoples feelings for the iconic character of Lex and just say he was good as whatever the hell he chose to be. Lex is bigger than Eisenberg. Expect a rant about the whole Eisenberg thing. The Rage is real

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
    @saintwildcard said:

No, you can't just detach peoples feelings for the iconic character of Lex and just say he was good as whatever the hell he chose to be. Lex is bigger than Eisenberg. Expect a rant about the whole Eisenberg thing. The Rage is real

Never said that them detaching him was a good idea, just that he wasn't a bad villain. That's all...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SaintWildcard

@petey_is_spidey said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:
    @saintwildcard said:

Never said that them detaching him was a good idea, just that he wasn't a bad villain. That's all...

He was a petty and completely manic child. He didn't have a sense of charm to him and wasn't intimidating at all. Sure his actions should have inspired a threatning vibe, but he came off as a psycho who spouted famous or pop culture quotes. It be like if Barney (the dinosaur) took Hitlers place. Sure what he did was f**ked up, it that doesn't change the fact that it was Barney

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: One of the major problems of the character was unfortunately the actor. I'm sorry but Jessie Eisenberg is an extremely one dimensional actor. He plays the same fast talking slightly unstable nerd in every single movie he has been in from Social Network to , of course, Batman v Superman. And Luthor's situation was apparent from the moment he introduced Clark and Bruce. This Luthor honestly, was nothing I didn't expect.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, I have read to many infuriating quotes from Snyder to have any faith or good feelings about him as a director going forward.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

First Seth Grahame -Smith leaves over "creative differences" (just another way of saying WB meddles too much).

YOU HIRED THESE DIRECTORS FOR THEIR CREATIVE VISION! Now get the crap out of their way and let them do their thing. You can't try to interfere with everything. BvS faced the same problem back in 2013 and '14.

WB needs to get their crap together. Rebooting won't fix anything with these same morons at the head.

WB have been letting them do their thing, that's been the entire problem with Man of Steel and B v S. Letting Snyder run wild unvetted was their biggest mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope, Snyder will be the death of the DCEU. He's a crazed lunatic that has no literal idea about who these characters are and what they are like. Anyone who uses The Dark Knight Returns or Injustice as a Bible for the DCEU is someone that should be kept far from DC. Simple as.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@jonny_anonymous said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:

WB have been letting them do their thing, that's been the entire problem with Man of Steel and B v S. Letting Snyder run wild unvetted was their biggest mistake.

Lol, no. Snyder, along with help from Nolan and Goyer, had full control of MoS. However, WB meddled with BvS from the beginning.

They brought in a writer to change the script.

They made Snyder add cameos and Easter eggs, and were the one's behind the "DoJ"

This was originally supposed to be a purely Batman v Superman movie with a WW cameo, and more of a focus on Clark Kent's and Superman's side of the story. But noooo, that wasn't enough for WB.

As far back as December in 2013, the heads at WB were meddling with the movie.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:

Lol, no. Snyder, along with help from Nolan and Goyer, had full control of MoS. However, WB meddled with BvS from the beginning.

They made Snyder add cameos and Easter eggs, and were the one's behind the "DoJ"

This was originally supposed to be a purely Batman v Superman movie with a WW cameo, and more of a focus on Clark Kent's and Superman's side of the story. But noooo, that wasn't enough for WB.

Snyder has yet to do anything remotely entertaining within the DC universe.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:
    @petey_is_spidey said:

Snyder has yet to do anything remotely entertaining within the DC universe.

Not true. Especially if since it's only been 2 movies.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCEU will be fine

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCEU will be fine

I know it will, but my point is that if ANYTHING will stop it, it's the studio itself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
    deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DCEU will establish itself slowly and will be awesome.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

I agree. BvS was their attempt to hastily put together a larger DCEU rather than let it grow naturally through solo movies.

To be fair, that's faulty reasoning. By that logic, neither the X-Men nor Guardians of the Galaxy could have been successful, because those started as group/team films, before (in the X-Men's case) they started branching out.

IMO, you do not need, nor should you think you need, to have a bunch of solo movies to "naturally" build up to an ensemble film. Just direct well, have a good game plan, and everything will pan out.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rukus4ever

Yeah pretty much

DC needs what Marvel has, it's own studio under their control

This.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For once, I'm glad that the Batman panic button didn't work.

MoS2 should have been a Solo Superman movie.

This x9000.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rukus4ever

@azza04 said:

I don't know, I have read to many infuriating quotes from Snyder to have any faith or good feelings about him as a director going forward.

I agree. When he spouted that trash about killing Superman just so he could "...get him out of the way..." and let Batman be the "samurai" who gathers the other heroes, I found myself confirmed in my lack of faith in him regarding a fair treatment of Superman. In the same interview, and while answering the same question, he even admitted that Superman would logically be the focal point of uniting the league if he were alive. After seeing the movie and that interview, and noting the poor treatment Superman received under Snyder's direction, I realized this guy is pushing an agenda that I'm not interested in.

rukus4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Snyder will be the death of the DCEU. He's a crazed lunatic that has no literal idea about who these characters are and what they are like. Anyone who uses The Dark Knight Returns or Injustice as a Bible for the DCEU is someone that should be kept far from DC. Simple as.

I had serious reservations about BvS because of Snyder's admission of this at ComicCon in 2014. However, since MoS was both a good movie and a good jump start for this new Superman, I decided to give WB and Snyder a chance. Now, I know better.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't and won't wait for a Justice League for another 30 years!

Enough with reboots already.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azza04 said:

I agree. When he spouted that trash about killing Superman just so he could "...get him out of the way..." and let Batman be the "samurai" who gathers the other heroes, I found myself confirmed in my lack of faith in him regarding a fair treatment of Superman. In the same interview, and while answering the same question, he even admitted that Superman would logically be the focal point of uniting the league if he were alive. After seeing the movie and that interview, and noting the poor treatment Superman received under Snyder's direction, I realized this guy is pushing an agenda that I'm not interested in.

The quote that killed it for me was where he said the reason for the lack of dialog was because he thought they looked stupid talking in costume if it was more than one or two lines. Also the one about not needing to explain why they all knew each others secret identities because secret ids are stupid.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reactor

@azza04 said:

I'm sorry, he said what?

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's not forget that Michelle McLarren also left Wonder Woman due to creative differences as well. Zack had nothing to do with that, Seth, or even the debunked rumor of James Wan leaving.

It's funny how people are calling the DCEU a disaster or a travesty. Hadn't had a laugh like this in years and that's really saying something. True, neither MOS or BVS performed financially to their expectations, but that doesn't mean they're discouraged. They didn't shut down WW, SS, or JLPO.

Also, it was confirmed by Zack in the same breath that Superman will return a changed man in JLPO. Saying that his journey as a hero follows the paths of birth, death, and resurrection. As for JLPO, Batman may be the one who brings the League together, but Superman will be the one who makes sure they STAY together. Superman bringing the League together wouldn't be a question of drama, as they would willingly follow his heroic example. With Batman, it's a different story. There's gonna be some issues and disagreement about a brutal vigilante without powers trying to lead a team of empowered individuals. Can't wait to see that.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's not forget that Michelle McLarren also left Wonder Woman due to creative differences as well. Zack had nothing to do with that, Seth, or even the debunked rumor of James Wan leaving.

It's funny how people are calling the DCEU a disaster or a travesty. Hadn't had a laugh like this in years and that's really saying something. True, neither MOS or BVS performed financially to their expectations, but that doesn't mean they're discouraged. They didn't shut down WW, SS, or JLPO.

Also, it was confirmed by Zack in the same breath that Superman will return a changed man in JLPO. Saying that his journey as a hero follows the paths of birth, death, and resurrection. As for JLPO, Batman may be the one who brings the League together, but Superman will be the one who makes sure they STAY together. Superman bringing the League together wouldn't be a question of drama, as they would willingly follow his heroic example. With Batman, it's a different story. There's gonna be some issues and disagreement about a brutal vigilante without powers trying to lead a team of empowered individuals. Can't wait to see that.

Exactly.

With Superman's solidified status as the "Earth's Champion" at the end of BvS, it would not be an interesting, nor hard story to tell about him gathering together the Justice League.

However, Batman provides an element of being the founder of the Justice League that Superman simply wouldn't.

Also, PS for any future posters on this thread, I fully support the DCEU, but I made this thread because of some of the comments directed at Snyder "killing the franchise".

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey:

I fully support the DCEU as well. No one’s gonna stop me from standing by anyone and everyone involved in this universe, like Zack. They can get pissy all they want. I’m not changing my mind and I’m not backing down.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.