Follow

Worlds of DC

Concept » Worlds of DC appears in 19 issues.

DC Comics' shared universe of live-action films, which began with Man of Steel.

Arrowverse Discussion Thread

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

First teaser for the CW's Batwoman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm glad Legends is going back to historical figures again

The Monitor appearance was classic Legends

The Zari twist was some good time travel shenanigans and it's been a while since we had a good one. Wonder if she'll be back next season

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was the monitor invisible to the legends and everyone else in the last scene ?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eobard21 said:

No, he was just watching from the shadows. No need to make his presence known. He was just judging them and had a Tony Stark meets the Guardians in IW moment

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because moving forward, she's a bit of an internet celebrity of some sort. It's the girl who tamed dragons.

Legends Showrunner

New Zari is the mother of dragons next season, confirmed.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: I see thanks, and it was funny as hell seeing him eating popcorns while watchting them

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
    deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eobard21 said:

Monitor was in the legends final scene? Oh shit

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
    deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did the Arrowverse season rank this year?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I haven't seen Flash (maybe I will) and I just can't with Arrow. Haven't finished Black Lightning, but I liked what I saw. I love Legends, but I wish they could recapture that S2 balance. Nothing but gold in that season and it has some of my favorite episodes of the entire series (I may just write a blog about my top 10). S3 had some good ones, but S4 probably would have a handful at best. The ending was also kinda lame. I hope they get better in S5, they plan on getting back to their historical roots, but it honestly feels like they've burned through all their good storylines and character arcs in S2. I hope it picks up, cus if it doesn't, next season could be my last

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:

I haven't seen Flash (maybe I will) and I just can't with Arrow. Haven't finished Black Lightning, but I liked what I saw. I love Legends, but I wish they could recapture that S2 balance. Nothing but gold in that season and it has some of my favorite episodes of the entire series (I may just write a blog about my top 10). S3 had some good ones, but S4 probably would have a handful at best. The ending was also kinda lame. I hope they get better in S5, they plan on getting back to their historical roots, but it honestly feels like they've burned through all their good storylines and character arcs in S2. I hope it picks up, cus if it doesn't, next season could be my last

For 2 seasons in a row I couldn't make it to the end of Flash. Legends kind of disappointed me this season, wasnt too keen on the side characters given focus(Ava, Gary, Mona, Nate's Dad) and the humor this year was nauseating. Was plenty surprise with the few Supergirl episodes I saw and from sound of things, they broke The Arrowverse S4 Curse.

I think after Arrow finale season & COIE I'm done with the Arrowverse.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By mrmonster

@the_kidd said:

I'd say pretty low. The Flash had by far it's worst season ever, and Arrow it's second worst. It's still definitively above the season 4 garbage, but still disappointing from a show that used to be so great.

I've heard Supergirl and Legends actually had a good seasons though. I wouldn't know since I don't watch those shows anymore, but good for anyone who does.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @the_kidd said:

For 2 seasons in a row I couldn't make it to the end of Flash. Legends kind of disappointed me this season, wasnt too keen on the side characters given focus(Ava, Gary, Mona, Nate's Dad) and the humor this year was nauseating. Was plenty surprise with the few Supergirl episodes I saw and from sound of things, they broke The Arrowverse S4 Curse.

I think after Arrow finale season & COIE I'm done with the Arrowverse.

Same. Arrow is the only CW-DC show I still watch, and that Batwoman trailer pretty much killed any interest I had in it.

On the plus side, what could be a better stopping point than something as epic as Crisis on Infinite Earths?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By SaintWildcard

@eobard21: @tonymartial: @the_kidd:

Recently I did a count of episodes of each Legends season that were good (mainly 2 and 3) to compare it to 4. I'll probably do a review soon, but there is an abbreviated version of that. S4 is probably barely above S1 of Legends. S1 had some arcs and had an epic, albeit convoluted , finale. But the characters were melodramatic and it didn't really get a sense of what it wanted to be till the Western episode, but they didn't apply that formula till S2. Now, this is a rough and mostly subjective count, but both 2 and 3 had 10+ episodes that I can look to and enjoy. S2 has like one more than S3, and you have to take into account that S3 had one more episode. S2 was perfection, both in tone, comedy and arcs. S3 lacked the arc count of S2, a good villain and Vixen wore here welcome (but Zari balanced that ding out and Wally's redemption did too). I struggle to think of a negative for S2, outside of that the Doomworld was only an episode, and I wanted to see more of it.

Disclaimer- I wanna clarify that just cus an episode isn't counted into the "good episode" list, doesn't mean the rest were bad, it's just that they were average episodes. "Good Episodes" for me have to be memorable.

But how about S4? What's it's good episode count.... like 5... maybe? Which doesn't even include the finale. Outside of the cool Zari twist, it was probably less enjoyable than the *pukes in mouth* S1 finale. Now, this season is plum out of arcs for most of its crew, and the only one with a true arc this season was John. The rest were either relationships and Nate's strife with his father. It's still up to the writers to give their characters shit to do, but I do sympathize with the writing staff. I thought having John one would make the show have to meet in the middle and have the comedy of S3. be reeled back a bit to include the character of John, and it did.... for a minute. It just kinda falls apart later on. They handled him well at the start, but the zanyness won out.

This has gone on lone enough, and there will be a more official one down the line. I just wanna wrap this up by saying, I'm interested to see where we go from here. the Zari stuff should be interesting and the return to historical figures (and I believe they said time pieces) is a must. I don't know if I think the show ill ever recapture that magic of S2. It seems they keep going further and further into the wackyness. Maybe I'll accept it next season, and I'm hoping I will, we'll see.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has begun. Batwoman is already planning on taking a popular Batman story and putting it into it's show. It's going to make Hush have a connection to Kate.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: I saw and it sucks. Ray was the heart of that team (not freaking Vixen as he once said). If anyone should have left it should have been Mick. I loved him in S2, but since then they have no idea what to do with him.

As for them not having a say, really odd and I wonder why? Maybe it's a money thing?I have no problem with the show having a revolving cast, I just hope they know what they're doing. Not gonna miss Mona if she does leave.

Jesus! That scene actually has him competent and not over the top cheesy Superman. I thought it was just gonna be a reference/dig to the JL Flash/Superman race, but it was actually much better than that. If only he was portrayed like that the entire time.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By SaintWildcard

New Flash Suit

I'm glad the Chin guard is back, because he looked fat without it in some shots. The suit is also finally taking inspiration from the New 52 version. I also just found out that Cisco isn't leaving the show, which I thought for months he was, which is why he took away his powers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonah Hex will be in Crisis

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from some interviews, some people seem to think that the Legends writers may have realized they kinda blew it with the last season. Depending on how you read it, people point out that they promised us a spooky seasons, but it leaned way too light and the writer acknowledged they couldn't help themselves.

They state that next season is going to be a return to form, with them going back to fixing history, but this time stopping some of the worst criminals of history. I do hope S5 improves, because S4 was a major let down in many ways.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Flash Suit

I'm glad the Chin guard is back, because he looked fat without it in some shots. The suit is also finally taking inspiration from the New 52 version. I also just found out that Cisco isn't leaving the show, which I thought for months he was, which is why he took away his powers.

An improvement, all the new Arrowverse suits look solid this year. Personally I don't mind if Cicso actor leaves, the character have been pretty irrelevant and disappointing the last couple seasons.

No Caption Provided

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_kidd: the SUpergirl one is great... if only her show wasn't such shite. I actually watched S4 just to see how they handle Lex... it was a hard watch for the most part.

As for Cisco, I just thought it was odd he was leaving before Crisis, which is going to be a massive freaking event. Seems like a dumb career move. Maybe he'll die, or Jimmy since he is leaving the show. Good riddance though. Their take on Jimmy is atrocious

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: The Supergirl suit is awesome, has a MoS vibe to it. Didn't watch S4 but from I heard their Lex was good.

Wouldn't mind if Cisco became a part timer who pops in now and then.

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Midnight looks terryfying. Love that 💕💕💕💕

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
    deactivated-5d7ad417f1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm worried about the direction the shows will take after Arrow ends.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paperbag said:

I'm worried about the direction the shows will take after Arrow ends.

how do you mean? Arrow never really affected the other shows as much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
    deactivated-5d7ad417f1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard: It was always the emotional anchor for the entire universe though, they way I saw it, I'm afraid after it's over they'll all turn into a Port man's Flash or Supergirl. Even Legends has lost its charm from S2, and Batwoman doesn't look too inspiring.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thea is returning for the final season of Arrow. That'll be good, even though I'd put money on her dying (and for good this time).

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Welling's Superman is gonna be in Crisis. I'm hyped for this. I'd be more hyped if I wasn't currently on season 4 of Smallville, but still, I'm hyped.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mrmonster: BRUH OMGOSH!!!! IM STOKED! Also it only gets better after Smallville season 4. Season 4 is probably the worst but the finale is awesome!

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WELLING SUPES RETURNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😍😍😍😎😎😎😎

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legends missed a real chance to have the catalyst for next season be the Crisis. Their season I believe starts with their Crisis tie in. Could have been cool to see how the merge (if there is one), affect their universe. Maybe we get to see them meet young Superman

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantaman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Fantaman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately, Smallville's Lex Luthor will not be returning.

😭😭😭

Germangod1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been two seasons since I ever actually watched an Arrow episode and looked forward to the next one. I skipped the last two seasons, but I knew I had no choice to watch this last one since they stated it was going to be tied to Crisis... and I gotta say it was a damn good episode to come back to.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hot damn, Arrow's season 8 premiere was awesome. Possibly the best season premiere the show has ever had. It did help that they have a Crisis to setup, but still, great way to start the final season.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although, the one thing I hate is that Oliver is still doubting his legacy. He's saved the entire world on several occasions but is still doubting himself because of the possibility that this mom would still be alive.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 8's 2nd episode, while not as good as the premiere, continued to showcase Arrow at its best. Arrow is shaping up to have the great final season it deserves.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By mrmonster

I wonder if Jessie Quick and/or Harry died when Earth 2 was destroyed?

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sooo after Episode 2:

Katana > China White > Oliver

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finding it hard to express just how excited I am for Crisis on Infinite Earths.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#349 the_stegman  Moderator

Man...that finale of Arrow tugged at my heartstrings. What a ride.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
    SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was bored for that finale until John got the ring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.