Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Why DC's Upcoming Mass Revamp will Ruin Its Best Characters

• 109 results
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By iloverobots

I'm not gonna say anything bad about the reboot (outside of criticizing some of the costumes) until I get more information. So little is known about the new stories, and what's gonna considered cannon from the current stories that I wouldn't feel comfortable criticizing DC quite yet. I have faith that they wouldn't screw over customers who have been with them for years just the possibility to grab new readers. If you attract a big chunk of younger readers but lose older ones in the process, that's a bad business decision. They have to face the fact that the older customers are the ones that can afford the books, the conventions, the movies, the collectibles... not that 14 year old who buys 2-3 books a month (no offence to any younglings here :) !) 

Maybe creating an Ultimate universe would've been a better idea... I'm not sure yet. We'll see later this summer when we get more news. All I can say for now is that I'm personally excited for this and can't wait to get more info!

GL 2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By GL 2411

$2.99 to $3.99 is just too much money to charge for a comic book. If these companies want to bring in new readers the prices have to come down on monthly titles, even if that means going back to newsprint. 

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By sa5m

I hope for only the best

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By blackkitty

I guess the question here is, what are they doing to bring in the new readers...or...are they simply assuming relaunching the series will automatically make people start reading them who weren't before? I simply don't see this having any long term results but may lead to a spike in sales in the short run as collectors check it out. 

I hate to say it, I know it's not their goal but, the fact is they did drive me away. Sure, changes happen all the time as someone pointed out, and fact is, when that happens, when I pick up a comic and it's someone completely new in the costume, I stop collecting. Case in point, Batman. With Dick Grayson as Batman, I ceased collecting. With Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, I will stop as well. Mostly because her portrayal as a handicapped able character I think is not only outstanding, but inspires lots of people who are handicapped themselves and now, we make her walk? It's ruining the concept to one of my absolute favorite characters.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AskaniSon295

First I'm a Marvel fan who's enjoys the occasional DC Story so I've dealt with titles being canceled to be renamed or re-started with a new #1 on the cover as a marvel fan who started reading comicbooks in the 90's it's almost expected. Is it a slap in the face no... It's a wake up call and an Important one Buy comics you enjoy reading, Just because you love batman dosen't mean every Batman story is Gold some of them are Crap just like some X-men Stories my favorite book are crap too. Just because you love a character or a team don't defend the bad issues but read and re-read the good ones. This Dc Revamp looks like it mat produce some good comicbooks so buy a first issue of something you think you might enjoy and if you like it buy issue #2 if you don't than don't buy it and let the sales refelect what you enjoy. Don't let the Marketers and Ad Execs at Marvel & DC play you it's your money spend it on the book(s) you are gonna read and enjoy and forget about collecting a whole title from 1 - the last issue because it really is a waste of time and money unless you enjoy every single issue.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#106  Edited By cbishop

My knee-jerk reaction is this is a horrible idea on DC's part, but I'm curious to see what eventually comes of it, if anything.  Bringing Grifter and any other Wildstorm characters to the DCU is a horrendous idea.  They belong in their own universe.

red robin 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By red robin 15

the thing that pisses me off the most about this is not that they are changing characters but all the titles that they aren't going to be making anymore like Red Robin or Secret Six sure we will be seeing Tim as Red Robin in the teen titans but its totally different when you read a character on a team and when you read him as a solo character and that's  whats upsetting me the most about this revamp .

itisjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By itisjack

I'm looking forward to this more and more lately I think it should be good.

Mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By Mach
    Avatar image for green_lantern_of_new_genesis
    Green_Lantern_of_New_Genesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

true, there are some bummer stories in the revamp of the comics, DC may also bring back old story lines and even improve them. Plus, you can only have so many stories when most of the heroes in the DC universe have gone public with their identities

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.