Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who supports DC?

• 164 results
    Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barry Flash

I think its great that i'm on the Poo Poo list because i only support DC its not my fault i have my own opinion. Who else absolutely hates Marvel?

(I did not make this to start a fight between DC and Marvel so if your a Marvel fan and you clicked on it, your fault!

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clantern

I LOVE DC, best comic's going, i also am a Major 'fanboy'(as noobs say) for DC comics, and a major 'Hateboy' for Marvel, see Marvel is crap, i don't think there any good atall, see i've read Marvel comics and stuff, but i just dont like them, they have no variation, no good backgrounds, and i generally hate them, they have to copy everything from DC.

For instance, anyone remember 'Wonder Man' and guess who he was made by? yup Marvel comics, now if that isn't a rip of Wonder Woman then i don't know what is.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Barry Flash

Clantern says:

"I LOVE DC, best comic's going, i also am a Major 'fanboy'(as noobs say) for DC comics, and a major 'Hateboy' for Marvel, see Marvel is crap, i don't think there any good atall, see i've read Marvel comics and stuff, but i just dont like them, they have no variation, no good backgrounds, and i generally hate them, they have to copy everything from DC. For instance, anyone remember 'Wonder Man' and guess who he was made by? yup Marvel comics, now if that isn't a rip of Wonder Woman then i don't know what is."

I couldnt agree with you any more, they even made a rip-off to the Flash with a woman though.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Clantern

Barry Flash says:

"I couldnt agree with you any more, they even made a rip-off to the Flash with a woman though."
    Exactly, ok maybe should stop making fun of marvel, (and there absalutely ridiculas comics) because some stupid 'Fanboy' (as newbs call them) might turn this into a fight. also about the marvel flash thing [link]http://www.writeups.org/affiche_fiche.php?id=2747[/link] here's a link to it.
    Post Edited:2007-08-24 09:47:28
    Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Spectrum

i dont really like Marvel, but they have my respect as a major comic company.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Well, without really delving into the "who likes who" or the age old "Marvel or DC" arguments (because those are all about personal taste) I will write the undeniable FACT!!!!

Marvel, has BY FAR...the greater universe of charcaters. Marvels characters have a MUCH grander "cool" factor, most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative, IMO.

For me, once Batman is taken out of the DCU it falls apart. Add to that, it took a Marvel legend, to add a VITAL depth to the DCU (Kirby) that is a MAJOR part of how the DCU is today.

Comic preference? too personal to comment on. Comic UNIVERSE?...no contest at all.....

Marvel rules... as they have since the late 1950's!

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Barry Flash

Do you know what 'Mr.nuifd whatever your a wanker if you think Marvel is better than DC either you have never ever read a DC comic or your eyes are full of shit!

Because DC is by far more liked and they actually explain they're character life stories. While Marvel dont!

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...daft much?

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Barry Flash says:

"Do you know what 'Mr.nuifd whatever your a wanker if you think Marvel is better than DC either you have never ever read a DC comic or your eyes are full of shit!Because DC is by far more liked and they actually explain they're character life stories. While Marvel dont!"

Uhhhhhhhhhh, diction much?

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Spectrum

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Well, without really delving into the "who likes who" or the age old "Marvel or DC" arguments (because those are all about personal taste) I will write the undeniable FACT!!!! Marvel, has BY FAR...the greater universe of charcaters. Marvels characters have a MUCH grander "cool" factor, most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative, IMO. For me, once Batman is taken out of the DCU it falls apart. Add to that, it took a Marvel legend, to add a VITAL depth to the DCU (Kirby) that is a MAJOR part of how the DCU is today. Comic preference? too personal to comment on. Comic UNIVERSE?...no contest at all..... Marvel rules... as they have since the late 1950's!"

all of what you say is personal taste, "COOL FACTOR" personal taste,

"most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative" Personal taste, thats what i feel about Marvel alot, but as i said i dont like Marvel, your intitled not to like Dc im okay with that but dont go maing up speeches that have nothing to back them up with, also dont bring up indivdual characters saying their boring ect, ect, it doesnt work.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Spectrum says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
    "Well, without really delving into the "who likes who" or the age old "Marvel or DC" arguments (because those are all about personal taste) I will write the undeniable FACT!!!! Marvel, has BY FAR...the greater universe of charcaters. Marvels characters have a MUCH grander "cool" factor, most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative, IMO. For me, once Batman is taken out of the DCU it falls apart. Add to that, it took a Marvel legend, to add a VITAL depth to the DCU (Kirby) that is a MAJOR part of how the DCU is today. Comic preference? too personal to comment on. Comic UNIVERSE?...no contest at all..... Marvel rules... as they have since the late 1950's!"

all of what you say is personal taste, "COOL FACTOR" personal taste,

"most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative" Personal taste, thats what i feel about Marvel alot, but as i said i dont like Marvel, your intitled not to like Dc im okay with that but dont go maing up speeches that have nothing to back them up with, also dont bring up indivdual characters saying their boring ect, ect, it doesnt work."

No, its not...my statements are supported by FACTS!

best selling comics? marvel hands down!

best selling merchandise? Marvel hands down!

most profitable characters in film guise? Marvel hands down!

most popular characters in the marketplace? Marvel hands down!

those are ALL facts, supported by numbers that prove them so, and if you wish to locate such factual information, its readily available with a bit of due dilligence.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Sparda

Barry, you are obviously a basher. God, don't do things that say "who supports DC?", and then bash about Marvel. That's just stupid.

As to answer, I like both, prefer Marvel slightly more. The one thing I hate about DC is Superman, cause they make all their other characters look bad to make him look good.

Also: Instead of making moronic insults, back up your opinions.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Barry Flash

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Spectrum says:
    "Mr. Ubiquitous says:
    all of what you say is personal taste, "COOL FACTOR" personal taste, "most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative" Personal taste, thats what i feel about Marvel alot, but as i said i dont like Marvel, your intitled not to like Dc im okay with that but dont go maing up speeches that have nothing to back them up with, also dont bring up indivdual characters saying their boring ect, ect, it doesnt work."
    No, its not...my statements are supported by FACTS! best selling comics? marvel hands down! best selling merchandise? Marvel hands down! most profitable characters in film guise? Marvel hands down! most popular characters in the marketplace? Marvel hands down! those are ALL facts, supported by numbers that prove them so, and if you wish to locate such factual information, its readily available with a bit of due dilligence."

Actually there not i dont know who come up with the idea of 'Marvel sell more comics than DC' but they're wrong it is a FACT that DC sell more comics than Marvel

and maybe they sell more figures yes. But Marvel was an accident anyway, the only reason they came about was to pay back DC. Which proves they arent good because they had no plans until Stan Lee starting making up comics and figures and merchandise to return money to DC thats how Marvel are so big today also with the movies.

DC are the best, i think you need to face this.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda

No, Mr. Flash, Marvel does sell more. Read a Wizard every now and then.

2) Marvel was not made to beat DC. They originally sold mystery comics. Learn your facts first, please.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By zero edge

Sparda says:

"No, Mr. Flash, Marvel does sell more. Read a Wizard every now and then.2) Marvel was not made to beat DC. They originally sold mystery comics. Learn your facts first, please."

Facts don't apply to fanboys.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

zero edge says:

"Sparda says:
    "No, Mr. Flash, Marvel does sell more. Read a Wizard every now and then.2) Marvel was not made to beat DC. They originally sold mystery comics. Learn your facts first, please."

Facts don't apply to fanboys."

Too true....

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sparda

Well, right now I'm trying to inject some sense into this thread....,

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

Hey Sparda whats up

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

zero edge says:

"Sparda says:

Facts don't apply to fanboys."

well written....

oh, Barry....IF (and they were not) but IF Timely Comics (the original company from the 40's that became Marvel) WAS created to simply "beat DC"..they did one helleva job in doing so. Since its been doing just that for the better part of 40 years now...FACT...not opinion.
    Post Edited:2007-08-24 13:12:39

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Sparda says:

"Well, right now I'm trying to inject some sense into this thread....,"

That's not only funny, but needed...:)

Dr. Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dr. Doom

Preach on Sparda and Mr.Ubiquitous

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Methos

oh i have a feeling this thread is going to start a b!tc#!ing war again...

M

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
    The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Methos says:

"oh i have a feeling this thread is going to start a b!tc#!ing war again... M"

ya think

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sparda

Believe me, I like DC, but when people like Barry make noob statements, I have to set the record.

Dr. Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dr. Doom

Someone call in Noobwatch.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Sparda says:

"Believe me, I like DC, but when people like Barry make noob statements, I have to set the record."

truth is i don't like dc but i don't bring random shit and start dissing it

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Valkaad

Barry Flash says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
    "Spectrum says:
    "Mr. Ubiquitous says:
    all of what you say is personal taste, "COOL FACTOR" personal taste, "most of the DC characters are, well...boring and fairly unimaginative" Personal taste, thats what i feel about Marvel alot, but as i said i dont like Marvel, your intitled not to like Dc im okay with that but dont go maing up speeches that have nothing to back them up with, also dont bring up indivdual characters saying their boring ect, ect, it doesnt work."
    No, its not...my statements are supported by FACTS! best selling comics? marvel hands down! best selling merchandise? Marvel hands down! most profitable characters in film guise? Marvel hands down! most popular characters in the marketplace? Marvel hands down! those are ALL facts, supported by numbers that prove them so, and if you wish to locate such factual information, its readily available with a bit of due dilligence."
    Actually there not i dont know who come up with the idea of 'Marvel sell more comics than DC' but they're wrong it is a FACT that DC sell more comics than Marvel and maybe they sell more figures yes. But Marvel was an accident anyway, the only reason they came about was to pay back DC. Which proves they arent good because they had no plans until Stan Lee starting making up comics and figures and merchandise to return money to DC thats how Marvel are so big today also with the movies. DC are the best, i think you need to face this."

Are you really this dumb, or are you just pretending? The reason you are on the poo poo list is because you make false statements like "it is a FACT that DC sell more comics than Marvel". This is a complete lie! How do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously when you are stating "facts" that arent' true? It's a fact you don't know what you are talking about.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Methos

Valkaad says:

"Are you really this dumb, or are you just pretending? The reason you are on the poo poo list is because you make false statements like "it is a FACT that DC sell more comics than Marvel". This is a complete lie! How do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously when you are stating "facts" that arent' true? It's a fact you don't know what you are talking about. "

ohhh... slapdown...

M

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Barry Flash

i don't ever recall saying marvel was made to 'beat' DC, also i actually prefer to be called a 'Fanboy' it means i only like DC. and 'Mr. Ubiquitous' "Marvel has beaten DC over the years" is your opinion you big stupid wanker! I'm entitled to my own opinion!
    Post Edited:2007-08-24 13:19:38

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sparda

Barry just got owned....kneel before Valkaad for he is your new master.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Sparda says:

"Barry just got owned....kneel before Valkaad for he is your new master."

HA

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Barry Flash says:

"i don't ever recall saying marvel was made to 'beat' DC, also i actually prefer to be called a 'Fanboy' it means i only like DC. and 'Mr. Ubiquitous' "Marvel has beaten DC over the years" is your opinion you big stupid wanker! I'm entitled to my own opinion!
    Post Edited:2007-08-24 13:19:38"

Big stupid wanker????...I could go a zillion places with this one, but alas...why bother?

Oh, and Barry...you're correct (lets celebrate)...you never did SAY marvel was made to beat DC...you WROTE it, you feeble minded dolt!

Post Edited:2007-08-24 13:26:12

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By zero edge

Barry Flash says:

"i don't ever recall saying marvel was made to 'beat' DC, also i actually prefer to be called a 'Fanboy' it means i only like DC. and 'Mr. Ubiquitous' "Marvel has beaten DC over the years" is your opinion you big stupid wanker! I'm entitled to my own opinion!

That's not the only thing fanboy means.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Valkaad

Barry Flash says:

"i actually prefer to be called a 'Fanboy'

According to the comicvine by-laws section 23 rule 87 you are required to use this as your new avatar

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zero edge

Valkaad says:

"Barry Flash says:

According to the comicvine by-laws section 23 rule 87 you are required to use this as your new avatar

" />http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p13/Sir_Porkus/fanboy.gif"

lol you crack me up valkaad

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sparda

Valkaad says:

"Barry Flash says:

" />http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p13/Sir_Porkus/fanboy.gif"

Once again, Barry is owned.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The Mighty Thor

zero edge says:

"Valkaad says:
    "Barry Flash says:
    lol" />http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p13/Sir_Porkus/fanboy.gif"
    lol you crack me up valkaad"

lol same here and v i haven't talk with you in awhile where have you been

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Methos

zero edge says:

"That's not the only thing fanboy means."

true...

Fanboy is also a kick ass character for DC :D

M

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Valkaad

This is BarryFlash at the comic vine cook-out.

Ironically the Dog's name is The RUNNER, so he's kinda get double-owned.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Valkaad

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
    "That's not the only thing fanboy means."
    true... **Fanboy** is also a kick ass character for DC :D M "

LOL!!

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Valkaad says:

"This is BarryFlash at the comic vine cook-out. Ironically the Dog's name is The RUNNER, so he's kinda get double-owned. "

lmmfao

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Valkaad

Spiderman 2099 says:

"zero edge says:
    "Valkaad says:
    "Barry Flash says:
    lol same here and v i haven't talk with you in awhile where have you been"

I've been on the vine, haven't seen you much lately either.

The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Valkaad says:

"Spiderman 2099 says:
    "zero edge says:
    "Valkaad says:
    "Barry Flash says:
    lol same here and v i haven't talk with you in awhile where have you been"
    I've been on the vine, haven't seen you much lately either."

thats probably because when we use to talk is was on the hellfire club

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Apparition

i bet you wish you hadn't started this thread now barry

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sparda

Apparition says:

"i bet you wish you hadn't started this thread now barry"

He lacks the capacity to think back that far....

Dr. Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dr. Doom

Another Noob has been owned. Thanks to Noobwatch.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

Sparda says:

"Apparition says:

He lacks the capacity to think back that far...."

Slapdown #3 for this thread...

M

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Paragon

Sparda says:

"Apparition says:

Post Edited:2007-08-24 13:59:04

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sparda

NOOBWATCH, AWAY!!!

Rock music plays as Noobwatch flies away

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Valkaad

Sparda says:

"Apparition says:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.