Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who did the DC reboot screw over for you?

• 148 results
    daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daak1212

While the DC reboot, gave many famous smaller characters individual books which would have never survived in the current DC lineup I feel that they screwed over many other smaller people in the process.  To me it was Secret Six and The Weaponer from GLC.  Who was it for you?   

P.S. - On other news I graduated from Highschool today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

1. It's a revamp, not a reboot.

2. Secret Six and Birds of Prey. Although I'm wary to comment on any characters that are being used in the revamp until I've actually read an issue or two.

MydLyfeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MydLyfeCrysis

The entire JSA and Power Girl.  I hope they come back soon.

It remains to be seen if my other favorite heroes are intact, but I still hold out hope that this will be a good move all things considered.

PS: Congratulations man! Good on ya. :)

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daak1212
    @The Dark Huntress: Call it what your want, they maybe injecting new life into the characters but this is a reboot.  Everything is 1
    iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By iaconpoint

Power Girl, Zatanna, Stephanie Brown, the four core Birds of Prey and possibly Tim Drake, though that remains to be seen for sure. 

And get back to school quick! You'll go no where without higher education!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By HolySerpent
    @daak1212 said:
        P.S. - On other news I graduated from Highschool today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    congratulations.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

It hasn't even happened yet.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@daak1212: A reboot would mean that they're clearing everything from canon. They're not. Geoff Johns has already said that things like Blackest Night will be canon, meaning that they're just retooling canon. Which would make this a revamp, not a reboot.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212
    @The Dark Huntress: Idk, Dick Grayson as nightwing would make me think otherwise along side with mecha superboy who may or may not be a cyborg (Teen titans has him as norma not mechanical)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_

@daak1212: Like I said. They're retooling canon, not wiping it completely.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

They still have time to give the running story arcs a conclusion so its not like they're cutting them off in the middle of anything, and 2 they are keeping all the important story arcs will remain in continuity they're just straitening up the continuity again just like they did in the first Crisis. DC has "rebooted" their continuity several times before and they will most likely do it again and there are several bright spots such as DC saving several wildstorm characters from comic book limbo and Letting Dick Grayson be his own man again instead of Bat Jr. and making Superman wear his underwear on the inside of his pants so quit whining cause its going to happen whether you like it or not

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By Dracade102

The JSA, Power Girl, and the fact that Ted Kord has zero chance of coming back now... The new Blue Beetle just isn't interesting.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

Secret Six, Huntress, Stephanie Brown and possibly Nightwing (Could be wrong).

I'm really saddest to see Secret Six though, I just got into the book a few months back and fell in love with every character and now they'll be gone. Glad I'll still have my back issues.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Dracade102 said:
    The JSA, Power Girl, and the fact that Ted Kord has zero chance of coming back now... The new Blue Beetle just isn't interesting. 

I'd say Ted has a better chance of coming back now. Just probably not as Blue Beetle. 

@daak1212 said:
    @The Dark Huntress: Idk, Dick Grayson as nightwing would make me think otherwise along side with mecha superboy who may or may not be a cyborg (Teen titans has him as norma not mechanical)

don't understand why people were thinking Superboy was a cyborg. I just assumed it was the cloning machine thing on the solicit.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress: Can you still say its not a reboot after you read the description for JL #1?
    As for characters that are getting screwed over: Catwoman, Pee Gee, Steph, Zatanna, Dick (at least for me), Cass (although in honesty she was already screwed over), Huntress, Secret Six, Cassie, Harley Quinn, Booster Gold, and at least a few more.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mercy_

@MrUnknown: Yes. A revamp and a reboot are NOT the same thing. Are they drastically changing large amounts of canon? Yes, they are, but they're not wiping it entirely, which is the key difference.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress: Ok the solicit for Justice League says: "In a universe where super heroes are strange and new" That sounds like a completely new universe to me. Which means they can change whatever they want. Obviously they aren't going to say Bruce parents didn't die and undo the really crucial stuff.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mercy_

@MrUnknown said:

@The Dark Huntress: Ok the solicit for Justice League says: "In a universe where super heroes are strange and new" That sounds like a completely new universe to me. Which means they can change whatever they want. Obviously they aren't going to say Bruce parents didn't die and undo the really crucial stuff.

Geoff Johns has been quoted as saying that things like Blackest Night (which is a relatively recent story arc) are still canon. What they seem to be doing with the revamp is pushing back ages quite a bit so that they can redefine origins and put fresh spins on characters.

MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrUnknown
    @The Dark Huntress said:

@MrUnknown said:

Geoff Johns has been quoted as saying that things like Blackest Night (which is a relatively recent story arc) are still canon. What they seem to be doing with the revamp is pushing back ages quite a bit so that they can redefine origins and put fresh spins on characters.

They're keeping Blackest Night because it was popular. If they undid it they would lose a lot of people! They would also lose two of their going-to-be best seller books as none of the color lantern stuff would have happened. At this point keeping the lantern history becomes an essential. Just looking at Catwoman shows an opposite and complete demise.
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By turoksonofstone
    @The Dark Huntress said:

1. It's a revamp, not a reboot.

2. Secret Six and Birds of Prey. Although I'm wary to comment on any characters that are being used in the revamp until I've actually read an issue or two.

Revamp=Reboot. Semantics. 
    1.The DC Fans. 
    2.Comics Fans
    3.The Retailers. 
    Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Meh, I stopped caring after Infinite Crisis. Though I'm very disappointed they canceled Secret Six, I'll just have to wait for the next Chew, Walking Dead, Dark Tower, Locke and Key, and Invincible. No biggie.

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By RedRobin92

Dick Grayson, The Secret Six, and Red Robin

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

You people do realize there are going to be more titles coming after September right? They're just putting out their big guns in the first wave just be patient this is far fromthe first time DC has done this why is this revamp or reboot or whatever such a big deal, if anything they're changing less than Crisis on Infinite Earths did but DC does this pretty much like clock work any one who thinks any different obviously hasn't been reading DC for very long. There is a reason for the difference between Golden age, Silver age and Modern age in DC because of the constant reboots/revamps if it wasn't for them Superman would still have stupid powers like his mini clone crap, and Batman would still be sporting Shark repelling spray, Jay Garrick would still be the Flash and the Green Lantern Corps wouldn't even exist  

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    No Caption Provided
    Wally West.
    HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HumanNumber

I wouldn't say they've screwed me over, some of the titles i've read recently aren't apart of the 52 launching this September but i have faith that they will return, if they don't then i'll deal with it. I'm a fan of certain characters but more so of comics in general and if my favorites don't come back, i'll read back issues or find new favorites.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i dont know if theyve screwed over ANYONE yet. we know that some of the revamped titles will debut after the initial 52. we cant really tell who's been screwed over till we actually read the books. hell for all we know the characters we thought were removed could be one of the secret justice league members or so on.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#27  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

Wally West.

we dont know that yet........he could be the star of that "Speed Force" comic
    Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Whisper_
    @HumanNumber said:
    I wouldn't say they've screwed me over, some of the titles i've read recently aren't apart of the 52 launching this September but i have faith that they will return, if they don't then i'll deal with it. I'm a fan of certain characters but more so of comics in general and if my favorites don't come back, i'll read back issues or find new favorites.
    This is how everybody should be looking at it, IMO. 

On top of that WE HAVEN'T EVEN READ THE TITLES YET. We have no idea other than the vague solicit info (that is probably subject to change) as to what's going on in them.
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Nightwing :(

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#30  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Far too early to say whether or not anyone has been "screwed over" by the new DCU. We surely need to wait & read the results before we make that call. Also, don't forget that just because a character or team has not had a title announced for September doesn't mean there isn't more material coming in 2012.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @rogue_mar1e said:
    How'd they screw him over? He's back to doing what he does well!
    rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rogue_mar1e
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @rogue_mar1e said:
    How'd they screw him over? He's back to doing what he does well!
    His costume ... I like the blue and the fingerstripes !
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @rogue_mar1e: Haha, ok.
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

THE ISSUES HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED YET PEOPLE RELAX

Ok, this is going to be the last of these threads, I am getting sick of them. Wait until the issues have been released THEN judge and comment!

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    Birds of Prey
    Secret Six
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joshmightbe
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Johns screwed Wally over long before the reboot with his silver age fetish I'm sorry to all the Barry fans but to me Wally will always be the real Flash
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By fodigg

Secret Six, Power Girl, Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, Speedy (Mia), and Question (Montoya) are the ones I'm worried are absent. But "ruined?" I'll have to wait to read.  

Birds of Prey and Teen Titans I am worried about, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Too early to tell. But I like almost any comic story as long as it's with one of my favorites. Usually, if it's by a comic writer I like, I'll pick it up and love it, if I don't like the writer, I DO NOT pick it up.

Simple as that (for me)

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RedRobin92
    @.Mistress Redhead.: Gale Simone said the Secret Six are done. So it's really not too early to start judging some of the things we don't like about DC's relaunch.  
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By Caligula

Stephanie Brown

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedRobin92 said:

@.Mistress Redhead.: Gale Simone said the Secret Six are done. So it's really not too early to start judging some of the things we don't like about DC's relaunch.

It absolutely is, until the comics are out and have been read without judgement. Just cause a writer is not doing a comic does not mean there are others out there who will rock it!

RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RedRobin92
    @.Mistress Redhead.: Haha alright that's a fair point, but it still breaks my heart about Secret Six. However, I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad, maybe your right and it'll make up for it. 
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RedRobin92: OH I agree, I am gutted Gail is out of the running, but I am soooo over people getting upset over stuff that has not happened yet lol

CraftyArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CraftyArrow

MydLyfeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MydLyfeCrysis
    @.Mistress Redhead.: I don't really agree with that assumption at all. Sure there are other titles out there that could be absolutely fantastic, and perhaps it is early to judge the books to come. Yet, we can judge the fact that certain books which we have grown to enjoy very much, are decidedly missing. Just because we may find other books we like doesn't mean we won't miss our current favorites. Just because I may enjoy the new "Justice League" as much as I enjoy the current incarnation, doesn't erase my disappointment of being without the golden age heroes of the JSA. Nor does it erase my hope that a new JSA title is to come.

This isn't to say I am all sour and dour on the topic of the revamp. I hope it is a great novus vita, yet to say it's too early to judge our feelings on the revamp when there are gaps that DC has said will not be filled is somewhat silly.
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MydLyfeCrysis: But DC have not totally ruled out that characters may or may not be in the future issues, that is part of the problem, yes they have announced WHO they are rebooting but there has also been no straight answer about what will happen to the non re booted characters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The Revamp ruined DC as a whole.I was trying to catch up.I wasn't a DC fan until recently maybe 3-4 years ago I started reading DC Comics.I was confused and out of the loop before and now I'm really out.What is the point of this? It doesn't look like DC is doing anything better with these characters they are just making slight changes.None of which has seemed appealing thus far.

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By KZR

Everything is pissing me off. It's supposed to be a revamp not a reboot. I mean there are a few good changes but overall it's not looking very good.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daredevil21134
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @joshmightbe said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Johns screwed Wally over long before the reboot with his silver age fetish I'm sorry to all the Barry fans but to me Wally will always be the real Flash
    Truer words have never been spoken.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.