Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Which DC characters you propose would make a good solo video game?

sup_won_bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Given the success of the Arkham games for Batman it goes without saying that his games when done by the right publisher will work. That said what other superhero's or villians do you think deserve a chance a standalone treatment. Just to kick things of i'll throw in a few names to get things started:

Cyclops, Wonder woman, flash, green arrow, deadstroke

If anyone wants me to justify my decisions I'll be happy to provide reasons for the choices I made. What are everyone else's choices?

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash

Hemehero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Question, Nightwing

SaturnShot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash's speed might be too much. Green Arrow could have a shooting game. The Joker could be cool.

Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Clamps

Green Lanterns

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A God of War style WW game would be awesome.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ouroborik

Aquaman would be perfect for a God of War-style game.

Like the user above me said, Wonder Woman as well, now that I think about it, they could even have a game together.

Flash could have a game with mechanics focusing on a slow-motion world, where he has to save people that are about to die (in slow motion) through problem-solving, defeat villains while avoiding casualties and fight other speedsters, who would be the only characters that seem to move at his speed.

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johanshieh

It would be a cool Flash game to mix Infamous with Quantum Break, without the live action show.

A Jim Gordon LA Noire game based on Gotham is also great.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Nightwing or Black Canary game could be in the same vein as Arkham, just with more acrobatic fighting and less emphasis on gadgets.

Yeah, a Wondy hack and slash GoW style game would be great. I can imagine lassoing an enemy and flinging them around in circles, hitting other enemies.

Green Arrow 3rd person shooter.

A Superman game would be harder, but I think it is doable. To deal with him being so powerful and having unlimited range, I'd have the whole game set in a Metropolis that has been put into a bottle by Brainiac. Superman is weakened at the beginning due to Kryptonite emitters and as he destroys them, he regains his power.

Harley Quinn motion control whack-a-mole

eenstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a dc universe style game made by Rockstar? That way you get all the fun of powers with all the freedom of GTA

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Most of them could if you attack it from the right angle for that character.

Like Raven in a survival horror type of game.

Jkdremix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jkdremix

Static-could be like a Spider-Man game.

WARMACHINEROX3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eenstrom said:

How about a dc universe style game made by Rockstar? That way you get all the fun of powers with all the freedom of GTA

This would be so cool! Hopefully with more than just one character, maybe you could choose other characters as you go along

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cough Red Hood cough

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a Deadman game.

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
    SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SwagPatrolAlpha

I could easily imagine a Nightwing game. They could make it Arkham styled, but not in the same universe, because in that universe, Batman is dead, and if you want to make a game universe, you need Batman.

They could have gadgets like:

• cryptographer sequencer;
    • rocket boots+wings(for in-game travel);
    • remote controlled batarang wingding;
    • EMPs(for guns and vehicles);
    • tranquilizers;
    • electric wingdings;
    • magnetic wingdings(to take guns from foes);

And they could add a twist. Grayson isn't as rich as Bruce, so maybe he might have to craft things like the wingdings, or EMPS, or rocket fuel.

An entertaining feature would be to play the past experiences of Dick Grayson. I like the idea of being able to play his past. I could imagine the player, playing as Dick Grayson on a trapeze. You could be with your parents that night. Then at the end, they fall, and that is the end of that certain memory. Then, if you are at the pause menu, you could open up missions(Like The AR Challenges in Arkham Knight) A bunch of 'memory missions' could then be unlocked, like a trapeze practice game, or a game where you do the most stunts on the trapeze in the least amount of time. Another flashback you could play, is a mission with the Titans.

I’d like to see a co-op system like Arkham Knight, yet you could have a friend play with you, either online, or with another controller. You wouldn’t always have to play as the hero. Maybe there could be a mission where you play as Deathstroke, and you are ordered with breaking someone out of a prison. Or possibly the player could play a mission as a Talon, and they would be able to invite friends to play as other Talons with them. The maximum for a single screen in four players, yet if you invite your friends from online, then you could play with as many Talons as possible. It doesn’t only have to be with Talons. As the game progresses, you should be able to unlock more characters-such as, Deathstroke, A Talon, Raptor, etc. While in free roam, the player should be able to call in any of the other characters and they can play together.

Nightwing hasn’t always been known as a hero, so there should be a way of showing how the public sees him. Do they see him as a menace? Do they see him as a hero? It all depends on how you play. There will be mission across the map that will boost your morality. If you successfully complete a morality mission, then the morality meter will be on the green side. If you fail or ignore a morality mission, then the morality meter will be on the red side. Your morality will help you out on missions. If you are doing well, then there will be police officers who will attempt to help you out, even though the police will be ordered to fight against Nightwing. Also, if your morality gets too high, you could become Dick Grayson, and use your police skills to clear Nightwing's name a little.

The player can use their in-game technology(i.e. smartphone, batcomputer, etc.) to access the map, which provides the player with information of activities taking place in the area at the time. Players can use the map to track current activities and missions the player will be able to participate in throughout the game. Missions include:

• Investigation: Players must use their detective skills to solve a mystery. This can be done as both Nightwing and Dick Grayson.

• Task Force: if you are viewed as a menace, the Task Force will appear as officers, robots, and turrets to eliminate you if the crime rate is up in Blüdhaven.

• Police Deadlock: Players must aid the police in defeating the criminals

• Rescue: Players must help civilians in need of assistance

• Gang Hideouts: Players must infiltrate Blockbuster hideouts in order to recover stolen technology

• Petty Crime: Players Must stop Robberies

And if anyone wants to add anything, go ahead.

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
    SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eenstrom said:

This would be so cool! Hopefully with more than just one character, maybe you could choose other characters as you go along

Not too sure about that, because I might choose someone like Red Robin, and someone else might choose the Specter and one shot me from the other side of the map. Still a cool idea though. But leveling out the plain field would be though. Unless they make it like every level(or every few levels), you could choose from another selection of characters. Like once I hit level 5, I could access Wonder Girl and Deadman. Once I hit level 40, I could access Deathstroke and Nightwing. Once I hit level 100, I could access Darkseid and the New Gods.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.