Hi, I've just recently gotten in DC comics and have been reading up on some since the New 52 reboot. So far, I've been reading Batman, Batman and Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, and Green Arrow. I've enjoyed all of them with the exception of Green Arrow, which has been a huge disappointment for me. Does it get any better or should I drop it? And I've been thinking about picking up some more comics. Which would you recommend? I want to read more on Tim Drake, so should I get Teen Titans? I was thinking about Flash too. I'm open to suggestions
Which comics to pick up
Don't go back to Green Arrow. It hasn't improved.
- Justice League by Geoff Johns, Jim Lee and others
- Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis
- Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang and Tony Akins
- The Flash by Francis Manapul, Brian Buccellato and Marcus To
- Action Comics by Grant Morrsion, Rags Morales and others
- Green Lantern (only if you are willing to buy a lot of trades) by Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke
- Green Lantern Corps by Peter Tomasi and Fernando Pasarin
- Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder, Yanick Paquette and others
- Animal Man by Jeff Lemire, Travel Foreman and Steve Pugh
- Justice League Dark (starting from issue 9, the previous issues were a bore) by Jeff Lemire and Mikel Janin
- Earth 2 by James Robinson, Nicola Scott and Tomas Giorello
- DC Universe Presents by various (ignore issues 6-8, they're terrible)
Yeah, I've gotten past the writer change. I'm on issue #10 I think and it's been pretty meh for me. I almost will definitely drop it. I've never been a big Aquaman fan, but I've heard great things about it so I'll probably check that one out. Can someone tell me more about Animal Man and Swamp Thing? People have said the two go together. Should I get both?
Please Log In to post.
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.