Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

What will happen to the DC New 52 now that Rebirth is coming?

Avatar image for deactivated-57dad454dc131
    deactivated-57dad454dc131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just saw this Rebirth comics that DC Entertaiment is bringing and i acctualy panicked, with new 52 we finally got all the heroes evolved and their new looks made them look up to date but now this Rebirth is ruining every single on of them - why again Superman with underwear and curly wonder woman of the 70s are they freaking serious? Why would they bring such a HUGE downgrade to their comics they are clearly taking steps back instead of going forward.

Will the new 52 continue at least??? or they will stop it?

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
    Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I can tell, the New 52 Universe is still remaining the main DC universe, but the New 52 Superman is being replaced as the universe's main Superman by his Post-Crisis counterpart. I think him, Lois and their son are the only Post-Crisis characters who will be main characters in the New 52 universe, but several other Post-Crisis elements will "be integrated".

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before I started reading DC comics I had no idea how complicated the history of it all was. You need a PhD in pattern theory to figure it all out. The New 52 was a great idea from my perspective so I could get my head around some stories and get a psychological grip on what I'm reading without feeling like I'm standing at the shore of an infinite ocean of versions/universes/alternate characters. Now it appears they're going to bring some old elements back into the mix. Holy hell...

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jb681131

@rainshadow777 said:

Before I started reading DC comics I had no idea how complicated the history of it all was. You need a PhD in pattern theory to figure it all out. The New 52 was a great idea from my perspective so I could get my head around some stories and get a psychological grip on what I'm reading without feeling like I'm standing at the shore of an infinite ocean of versions/universes/alternate characters. Now it appears they're going to bring some old elements back into the mix. Holy hell...

I think marvel is crasyer with there chronologies.

@hocko1999_virus said:

From what I can tell, the New 52 Universe is still remaining the main DC universe, but the New 52 Superman is being replaced as the universe's main Superman by his Post-Crisis counterpart. I think him, Lois and their son are the only Post-Crisis characters who will be main characters in the New 52 universe, but several other Post-Crisis elements will "be integrated".

I don't think New52 will be the main universe at all. Look at the ucomming numbering of the new titles, they pick-up where they were left before the New52.

@doflamingogt said:

I just saw this Rebirth comics that DC Entertaiment is bringing and i acctualy panicked, with new 52 we finally got all the heroes evolved and their new looks made them look up to date but now this Rebirth is ruining every single on of them - why again Superman with underwear and curly wonder woman of the 70s are they freaking serious? Why would they bring such a HUGE downgrade to their comics they are clearly taking steps back instead of going forward.

Will the new 52 continue at least??? or they will stop it?

Don't panic for their looks, be happy. Story wise the New52 was a fiasco. The Chronologie was all messed up and lots of heroes got downgrades in quality.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

It will die and be forgotten by most, but will be a reminder of what NOT to do.

Bryanthehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well to be honest the new 52 was way better than rebirth, because it had a different story. Rebirth is doing the same sh*t like the last 40 years. I can't always read a comic with Lex luthor as the villain I mean it was a good idea putting him as a hero, but NO DC fans wants always the same thing. I even loved the idea of superman as an a**hole or him being in a relationship with wonder women.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in the New 52 was awful, with a few bright spots in Morrison and Pak. The incompetent editorial office kept giving books to terrible writers who pumped out drivel, threw one ill-advised crossover after another, and the "relationship" with Wonder Woman was about as interesting as a dead fish. Outside of the nostaliga-pandering Action Comics, the Superman line has been strong and has allowed its creative teams (Tomasi, Yang, etc) the room to tell actual stories.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.