Top five most durable characters in the DC Universe

#1 Edited by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Who are the top five most durable characters in the DC Universe? They can be aided by equipment or their own abilities.

#2 Posted by crackerjack82 (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

lets see, those who cant die

Vandall Savage
Lobo
Doomsday
 Eternity Man 
 Plastic Man

#3 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 
Batman 
Batman 
Batman 
Batman

#4 Posted by Mr Creesy (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Avatar image for forgottenzeroes
#5 Posted by ForgottenZeroes (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman also cant die (despite publicity stunt in mid 90s) and I dont think Wonder Woman can either (she can do that weird meld with the earth thing which they almost never show her do because she isnt injured enough.)

#6 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3976 posts) - - Show Bio
@crackerjack82 said:
" lets see, those who cant die  Vandall Savage Lobo Doomsday  Eternity Man   Plastic Man "

I agree with the likes of Doomsday and Plastic Man but the Savage and Lobo aren't really durable, just immortal/quickly healing.

@ForgottenZeroes said:
" Superman also cant die (despite publicity stunt in mid 90s) and I dont think Wonder Woman can either (she can do that weird meld with the earth thing which they almost never show her do because she isnt injured enough.) "

Superman can die. He just didn't.
#7 Posted by Cosmic_Falcon (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm assuming were not using characters like Anti Monitor and Lucifer Morningstar?
Also do you mean raw durability? Or how hard it is to kill someone because Cyborg Superman would be at the top of that list along side Lobo. 

#8 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi:
i think he meant because supermans high level healing factor would regenerate him from anything in current comics as long as hes got a solar charge and if he somehow died you just gotta throw that body into the sun and you got a good chance of him coming to life
#9 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

if were talking straight up durablity not escaping death it would be- 

doomsday 

superman-prime- most versions really

mr majestic 

thor if written properly 

i cant really think of anyone so ill go supergirl since she takes nukes like nothing but theres probalby someone more durable than her

#10 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11579 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion will be up there.

#11 Edited by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:

" if were talking straight up durablity not escaping death it would be-  doomsday  superman-prime- most versions really mr majestic  thor if written properly  i cant really think of anyone so ill go supergirl since she takes nukes like nothing but theres probalby someone more durable than her "

Thats marvel, the dc Thor isn't that durable.
#12 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:
i was talking about marvel thor thanks to marvel being so inconsitant with there characters mainly thanks to leaving the classic age which is like a silver age with stupid feats that are impossible for people in current comics like thor casually bending adamantium or hulk not even being effected by wolverines adamantium claws
#13 Edited by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot: Yeah but the title is top five most durable characters in the DC Universe. :D
#14 Edited by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:
yep i went with raw durablity not living on after death or something like lobo, immortal man, cyborb superman, i went with straight out people who tanks massive amounts of damage uneffected- o wait sorry i just got what you meant (dc)
#15 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

well for just the DC universe not including imortal living after death sorta people, just plain tanking massive damage id have to say not including cosmic beings like imperiex either-

doomsday 

superman-prime- most versions really

mr majestic- not sure i think hes part of the DCU as hes on a alternate reality dc earth 

supergirl

darkseid

#16 Posted by FUKUTORA (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Monitor

Imperiex

General Eiling

Doomsday

Darkseid

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.